Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #3,901 of 12,415

Quote:
Q701. At school.
Seriously What is up with AKG, Monster got some "artists" so AKG went and got Quincy Jones and came out with a sick green K701? Really?

Time to steal them!

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #3,903 of 12,415
Sucks how all I see at SDSU are Beats and iBuds. There are occasionally Skullcandy headphones but meh. Waste of time talking about those :)

Quote:
UCSD, this morning: portapro's, ad700's, some audio technicas I couldn't make out, hd201, hd202, hd428, hd448, hd555.
Some ibuds, but not a single beats. Seems people in the morning have better taste.

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #3,904 of 12,415

Quote:
UCSD, this morning: portapro's, ad700's, some audio technicas I couldn't make out, hd201, hd202, hd428, hd448, hd555.
Some ibuds, but not a single beats. Seems people in the morning have better taste.

Thank you for being in San Diego too!

---

Saw someone in my P.E. class wearing an ATH-m50 around his neck and thought if he was into Head-Fi but I didn't bother asking as I was too busy running a mile.

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #3,906 of 12,415
A guy in my Digital Storytelling lecture was wearing some Aviators. I asked him how they sounded and he said "So much better than Bose" like i was supposed to be impressed.

I gave him a blank stare and said "Uh, I got a few AKG's...."

His turn for the blank stare....and again when I asked him if he used an amp. 

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #3,907 of 12,415
A guy in my Digital Storytelling lecture was wearing some Aviators. I asked him how they sounded and he said "So much better than Bose" like i was supposed to be impressed.

I gave him a blank stare and said "Uh, I got a few AKG's...."

His turn for the blank stare....and again when I asked him if he used an amp. 

The Aviator is surprisingly good for a Skullcandy.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #3,912 of 12,415
Spotted a set of XB300s and some unknown circumauarl phones with a blue single sided cable, didn't spot any branding but didn't look like SK/Bose, maybe I'll see them again tomorrow

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #3,913 of 12,415
I just lost hope in humanity again. My parents were watching American idol and right when I look at the TV I see contestants working with artists and producers and guest what headphones they were using in the studio to record and mix?

No not audiophile monitoring headphones BUT beats by dre pro and studios.................

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #3,914 of 12,415
I just lost hope in humanity again. My parents were watching American idol and right when I look at the TV I see contestants working with artists and producers and guest what headphones they were using in the studio to record and mix?

No not audiophile monitoring headphones BUT beats by dre pro and studios.................

The contestants or the producers?

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #3,915 of 12,415

Quote:

That's just product placement.
On a similar note, saw some fostex t50rp being used for voice acting recordings for new HoN hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back