Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 9, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #3,916 of 12,415
I just lost hope in humanity again. My parents were watching American idol and right when I look at the TV I see contestants working with artists and producers and guest what headphones they were using in the studio to record and mix?

No not audiophile monitoring headphones BUT beats by dre pro and studios.................

The contestants or the producers?

both the producers and contestants wore them

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #3,918 of 12,415
My step cousin was at the shop today, he was listening to some skullcandy buds, I asked him about them and he says that he really loves the bass on them, and he offered to let me hear them (I have never listened to a skullcandy product before so I said yes). Yes I discovered today that skullcandy's are that bad. So I told him "I like the bass" (you should never insult someone else 'phones, they just shut down, just stay cool and let your buds sell themselves) I let him listen to my Koss KDX100's I then asked him if he liked THAT Bass, with a big smile on his face he said it was "impossibly good" Yeah that's right savin' babies here folks.
That and some dude was wearing a pair of triports on the side walk.

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #3,919 of 12,415
I just lost hope in humanity again. My parents were watching American idol and right when I look at the TV I see contestants working with artists and producers and guest what headphones they were using in the studio to record and mix?

No not audiophile monitoring headphones BUT beats by dre pro and studios.................

The contestants or the producers?

both the producers and contestants wore them

I'd say it's marketing.

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #3,920 of 12,415
I saw a pair of D7000s, M50s and sr-80s on my USPS/shipping box headphone stand.

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #3,921 of 12,415
A couple RP-HTX7, some nice looking cans but had stickers over them, so couldn't make them out, and the usual iBuds. . .
Oh a Shure SE315 as well!

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #3,923 of 12,415
Strange day on campus yesterday. Had to go in early and within a minute of setting foot inside the doors saw a pair of SR80's immediately followed by a pair of M50's.

Obviously the more mature students with better taste get there early. Later I was paying attention and sure enough all I saw was crappy hipster cans on slovenly dressed young students who all looked like they just woke up at 11:00 and didn't shower. Ok, I just realized I'm starting to see the world as my parents did when I was young, LOL.

But seriously, I'm 42. I had to give a presentation in my Business Administration class as part of a team. One young girl and I were the only team members that bothered to put on decent clothes and/or shave for the 1 hour presentation to the class. I'm not that much of a prude but really, it is A BUSINESS class and the presentation was part of our final!

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #3,924 of 12,415
I saw two m50's yesterday, what a change.

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #3,925 of 12,415
heyyy that's my high school!

(although I'm in college in Indiana now)

Quote:
I thought that the last headphone sighting was getting a bit long, so I decided to start a new one, if that's ok...

HEADPHONE SIGHTING TODAY!!!

I just started summer school yesterday at St. Francis High School in Mountain View. There are kids from St. Francis as well as kids from different schools. Some are taking it for credit (like me, cause I failed
tongue.gif
), and some are taking it for enrichment. There are middle school'ers too, doing a summer program. All sorts of kids everywhere.

After school, In the front, I saw this girl my age (14-16, maybe a year higher or lower, years old) sitting on the bench, listening to these headphones. I was thinking, "Hmmm... are those Grados? No, that can't be--nobody my age, especially a girl, would know about Grados!" But I decided to take a closer look, to walk past her and steal a look without her noticing. When I got closer, I was pretty damn sure they were Grados. I asked, "Hey, are those Grados?" She said, "What?" I said, "Those headphones." Then, to my utter disappointment, she said, "Oh, I don't know. My dad gave them to me." Then I said, "Oh. Those are SR-80's! Very nice headphones... expensive..." (expensive to non-head-fi'ers) She said thanks, as her ride came to pick her up.

Wow, my first headphone sighting, and it was a Grado! Her dad must be a head-fi'er. So if you're a father of a daughter that's taking a summer program at St. Francis High School in Mountain View, then speak up!

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #3,926 of 12,415
it's my ex-girlfriend's high school too.

(although I could give a rat's taint where she is now.  unless she's headed this way, in which case I will get up and leave.)

(jaded much.)  (that's not a question.)

Mar 10, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #3,927 of 12,415
I've been seeing the same guy with the hd 25's quite a few times lately. Maybe I should talk to him? Anyways out the library at uni a guy was sitting on the blue sofa wearing hd595's. Looks like sennheisers are in at otago uni. Sorry about grammar, I'm sending this standing up on my iPhone.

P.S theres also quite a few hd201/202's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back