Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 1, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #3,376 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
wink.gif

I was still very shocked to see D2000's. On anyone.

Why? I loved mine....

I mean out and about, not saying they are bad headphones! I am just so accustomed to Beats and Skullcandies.

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #3,377 of 12,415
I actually saw someone with M50s today!

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #3,378 of 12,415
I'm almost certain somebody called my HD25 1-ii's out today as newscasters headphones... 

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #3,379 of 12,415
Quote:
I'm almost certain somebody called my HD25 1-ii's out today as newscasters headphones... 

...and later, logged into the newscasters' forum to post about a sighting. LOL

"Newscasters' headphones."  It sounds like an unflattering thing to say about someone's gear, but seeing as how it indicates the 25 1-II increasing its foothold as a broadcast industry standard (albeit out of many, these days), I personally would feel something like pride about it, had it happened to me.  Alas, I can't afford them.  And for on-ears, I better be paying less than $50.  Half-joking.  I do prefer full-size in any case.  (What's my name??)

The Golden State Warriors' local commentators wear the II's.  Makes me envious.

In other news, I really dig how someone on this site made a hinged dual headband for his Grados.  Very inspiring.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #3,380 of 12,415

Bad news and goods news in South Korea. I see ALOT of Beats in SOUTH KOREA!
frown.gif
  I mean ALOT. The IEM beats and the full sized ones. I see a couple everyday. It's obvious from the red cables. Good news, I see a little more Audio Technica. Various ES and ESW-series headphones all around

I don't mind people wearing Beats that much, but I expected different from Korea I guess. Big Bang wearing the Beats are making so much of an influence... My hatred of Big Bang and Monster is brewing

They're starting to be seen more and more on TV shows, such as the Korean version of American Idol (Super Star K), but less than the ridiculously-advertised Samsung Galaxy S which seems to be placed on pretty much every TV show

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #3,381 of 12,415
A kid asked me last week if my k240's were "radio headphones". I had no idea what that meant but I assume he thought they played radio stations, because I didn't have a cable attached at the time.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #3,382 of 12,415

Quote:
A kid asked me last week if my k240's were "radio headphones". I had no idea what that meant but I assume he thought they played radio stations, because I didn't have a cable attached at the time.

a clerk at CVS asked me if my grados got good radio reception :p

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #3,383 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

a clerk at CVS asked me if my grados got good radio reception :p

lmao. i can actually see why honestly.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #3,384 of 12,415
Large increase in amount of beats in my highschool (from christmas i assume)
Funny thing is, These people always have them on their necks, but I haven't seen one person actually listening to their pair.
I even saw a person wearing the beats 'pros' around his neck... with the cable detached.

Just goes to show that people these days (especially teenagers) are all bout style over substance

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #3,385 of 12,415

Quote:
Large increase in amount of beats in my highschool (from christmas i assume)
Funny thing is, These people always have them on their necks, but I haven't seen one person actually listening to their pair.
I even saw a person wearing the beats 'pros' around his neck... with the cable detached.

Just goes to show that people these days (especially teenagers) are all bout style over substance

im not. i happily tout my shure 750s around my neck at school and walk around with them on my head. i have people looking at me but i dont know if its a good or bad stare. over all i have had a few comments of people who thought they looked cool.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #3,386 of 12,415

Quote:

They're starting to be seen more and more on TV shows, such as the Korean version of American Idol (Super Star K), but less than the ridiculously-advertised Samsung Galaxy S which seems to be placed on pretty much every TV show

Sportscasters also use them as headsets. I recently got a pair and was steeling myself against these comments
biggrin.gif

In other news, I was walking down the street when I caught a glimpse of someone with portapros. I was wearing my HD25s at the time and tried to give him the "head-fi eye" but didn't catch him in time.

also I have this odd fantasy that someone would post about me in this thread... "saw this kid wearing HD25s down the street, looked like he was in a hurry... but he might have thrown a sideways glance at my portapros. hi from philadelphia" or something.

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #3,387 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

Sportscasters also use them as headsets. I recently got a pair and was steeling myself against these comments
biggrin.gif

In other news, I was walking down the street when I caught a glimpse of someone with portapros. I was wearing my HD25s at the time and tried to give him the "head-fi eye" but didn't catch him in time.

also I have this odd fantasy that someone would post about me in this thread... "saw this kid wearing HD25s down the street, looked like he was in a hurry... but he might have thrown a sideways glance at my portapros. hi from philadelphia" or something.

man that would be very interesting. it would get even stranger if it happened to me considering the size of my home town i am one of very few head fiers in kelowna if any others exist.

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #3,390 of 12,415
Surrounded by Beats and ibuds on campus, I was suprised to see one guy with a pair of Grados. He gave me a weird look because I was staring at them trying figure out which model haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back