Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 17, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #2,671 of 12,415

Quote:
To me, P5s are just the hipster equivalent of Beats.

Weird. I just saw an ad for these. In PCWorld, of all places. Really branching out, they are. But then, there's a Bose ad in almost every edition (grr), so I guess B&W has got to compete.

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #2,672 of 12,415
At my school, I see people with ibuds, cheap sony buds, but my friend uses some MDR-EX38 
sony's. Some guy named Nick (hate him) uses skullcandy Icons. But then again, he wears purple shirts, has long swoopy hair, sags his pants and has an earing on his left ear, so I should've known. Then there's me, rockin out to my SJ5's

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #2,673 of 12,415

Quote:
At my school, I see people with ibuds, cheap sony buds, but my friend uses some MDR-EX38 
sony's. Some guy named Nick (hate him) uses skullcandy Icons. But then again, he wears purple shirts, has long swoopy hair, sags his pants and has an earing on his left ear, so I should've known. Then there's me, rockin out to my SJ5's

Nick sounds like a classy kid.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #2,675 of 12,415
I spotted SEVEN guys sporting Sensaphonics custom IEMs last night..... all on stage at the Dave Matthews Band concert.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #2,678 of 12,415
I love wearing purple.  None of the other stuff though.

Anyway, there's a guy in my class that owns a pair of American Audio.  Not sure what model.  First time I've seen/heard of them.

Quote:

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #2,679 of 12,415

Quote:
I saw a student wearing portapros with hd414 pads today.

Must be a Head-Fi'er. 
biggrin.gif

So far at my university:
1x Altec Lansing MuzX woodies (faaaaaar from audiophile, but not ibuds)
1x Klipsch Image S4
1x Bose supra-aural headphone
3x Bose IEM
1x Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 220
1x Sennheiser CX300 II
1x Jbuds J2
1x JVC Marshmallows
many Sony MDR-7506 (Audio Production class 
smily_headphones1.gif
)

...and a bunch of AKG studio monitors (at least 3 different models) in a video we watched in class about advertising production.

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #2,682 of 12,415

Quote:

The way you put the model in tiny caps and gray it's almost like you want to keep it a secret or something.

One of my friends and I were talking about my birthday present to myself (all the way back in July and two sets of cans ago). When she heard I got headphones, she was like, "Oh, which ones did you get? I've got a pair of the pink Skullcandies." Of course I couldn't tell over the phone, but when I told her, "Yeah, I got the Audio-Technica M50s" I could just see her eyes glazing over.

I haven't seen any Skullcandies around campus, weirdly enough. There are certainly enough hipsters and the like (I mean, they're manufactured on college campuses, aren't they?), but they might be the slightly poorer variety that can't afford stylin' headphones after they've bought their usual full compliment of Apple products.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #2,683 of 12,415
omigod, saw a guy with M50s at the bus stop. Went inside to buy some Starbucks (yum). Went out and he was still there! Got on the bus with him. Asked him where he got them one stop before he got off. He said eBay (Canada sucks). And then he said probably Long and McQuade or Amazon has them! He must be a Head-Fier. :D

Nov 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #2,684 of 12,415
I saw some kid at school with a pair of quietcomfort 3s (yuck!) around his neck. sadly, they are the nicest pair of headphones i've seen at my school

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #2,685 of 12,415
Saw a guy at his mid 50 wearing B&W P5 near Uof T, maybe a professor there.
Also seen a lot of AKG K450 recently. I know apple store used to carry them but not anymore. It's surprising they pop out again.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back