Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #2,688 of 12,415
The Bose IEMS are starting to encroach on the skullcandies now. 3 pairs in my physics class and I've seen a bunch more in the halls; they're pretty easy to pick out because of the black/white cable. They're like $120 at the futureshop here, but they're bose so they must be awesome :p

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #2,689 of 12,415
There I was, sitting in my physics discussion section poring over my rotational kinematics problems, when it occurred to me to glance out the window at the cold, dead Minnesota winterland. It must have been divine inspiration, for outside there walked a woman with SR125s (or some other Grado, I couldn't really tell...). My heart leaped around my rib cage, my face flushed as a I imagined the decades that we would spend happily together, both plugged in to our communal GS-1. I started to rise, but I instantly knew that a woman of her taste and intelligence would never love a man who skipped class, so I sat silently in my seat, pining for her as my one love walked by and out of sight. Immediately I set to tell my friend of my brush with meaninghopelifelovecaringsentimentfeelinglust, every emotion that only she could now stir within me, and I texted, "Dude, I just saw a chick with some SR125s. nice."

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #2,690 of 12,415

Quote:
There I was, sitting in my physics discussion section poring over my rotational kinematics problems, when it occurred to me to glance out the window at the cold, dead Minnesota winterland. It must have been divine inspiration, for outside there walked a woman with SR125s (or some other Grado, I couldn't really tell...). My heart leaped around my rib cage, my face flushed as a I imagined the decades that we would spend happily together, both plugged in to our communal GS-1. I started to rise, but I instantly knew that a woman of her taste and intelligence would never love a man who skipped class, so I sat silently in my seat, pining for her as my one love walked by and out of sight. Immediately I set to tell my friend of my brush with meaninghopelifelovecaringsentimentfeelinglust, every emotion that only she could now stir within me, and I texted, "Dude, I just saw a chick with some SR125s. nice."

9/10. Would read again.

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #2,692 of 12,415

Quote:

Love is a chemical reaction.*
Although that's mostly biochem. I'm in analytical chem.

*Copyright BASF

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #2,693 of 12,415

Quote:

Lol 

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #2,695 of 12,415
Just came back from a huge book fair where I spotted a guy inside a portable radio studio sporting a pair of lovely HD25s. They look better in real life than I was led to expect from pictures. Also, at a booth, a pair of HD555s connected to a laptop; really bad idea, in all that noise.

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #2,696 of 12,415
Quote:
Just came back from a huge book fair where I spotted a guy inside a portable radio studio sporting a pair of lovely HD25s. They look better in real life than I was led to expect from pictures. Also, at a booth, a pair of HD555s connected to a laptop; really bad idea, in all that noise.

I see people with those (HD555) in public, e.g. on the train. They must be deaf by now.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #2,698 of 12,415

Quote:
The Bose IEMS are starting to encroach on the skullcandies now. 3 pairs in my physics class and I've seen a bunch more in the halls; they're pretty easy to pick out because of the black/white cable. They're like $120 at the futureshop here, but they're bose so they must be awesome :p

My professor saw a guy wearing bose earbus before class and said "wow, bose, takai desu ne." I wanted to say "I have two thousand dollar headphones!!!!" but i was able to control myself this time

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #2,699 of 12,415
Yesterday on my way back to class at Manchester community college when I saw a guy sitting on one of the benches listening to his hd555s so I wAlked over and showed him the portapros around my neck.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #2,700 of 12,415

Quote:
Yesterday on my way back to class at Manchester community college when I saw a guy sitting on one of the benches listening to his hd555s so I wAlked over and showed him the portapros around my neck.

lol and what did he say? did he just look at you like you were crazy? or smile and nod knowingly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back