Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 3, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #2,701 of 12,415
Saw a guy with AKG K-240 walking around...man those things are old school looking

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #2,703 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:
Saw a guy with AKG K-240 walking around...man those things are old school looking

Maybe it was me... :p I think they look pretty cool, it's just a classic, not too fancy design. who cares about the look, we just want them to sound good, right? =)

I don't know about you, but I want my headphones to sound good AND look good at the same time...
k701smile.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #2,705 of 12,415

as long as you don't end up being like this guy this morning who walked into my class and told me his BEATS BY DRE looked so much better than my k240s...couldn't help but laugh in his face
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe it was me... :p I think they look pretty cool, it's just a classic, not too fancy design. who cares about the look, we just want them to sound good, right? =)

I don't know about you, but I want my headphones to sound good AND look good at the same time...
k701smile.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #2,706 of 12,415
Just discovered this thread way too late!

Last week: SR-80s on the plane...Poor guy (and nearby passengers)!

At school (BHS) a month ago: HD 595s, his cord was tucked inside his backpack pocket. Could be an amp! Which likely means another member :D I wish there were more audiophiles at school however (or even people who appreciate good equipment). Its frustrating being surrounded by so many Beats. Ah well. I'll be rocking JH5s soon enough, once I figure out what damn colors I want. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #2,707 of 12,415
I don't know, I'm of the opinion(maybe because I'm younger and in college) that Beat Pro are pretty slick looking headphones. Contrasting color, bright red cord, one word: sleek. One of the many reason why my HD 600 mainly stay at home (besides sound leakage, long cord etc...) is because I think it's not the greatest looking phone. HD 650 however, is real sleek.

Quote:
as long as you don't end up being like this guy this morning who walked into my class and told me his BEATS BY DRE looked so much better than my k240s...couldn't help but laugh in his face
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

k701smile.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #2,710 of 12,415
I guess I just don't think I have the confidence of wearing non-iem in public, just nerdy looking and messes with my hair I guess. I wouldn't even wear my AT and those are considered good looking.

Dec 3, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #2,711 of 12,415
Was that one of you guys flying SEA-OAK Friday after Thxgivn'?  Some guy was trying to slyly check out my J3 and SM3's in the terminal, and he was rocking Ety ER'4's.  He got the ol' "whassup" head nod from me, but he seemed a little uptight and just looked away.

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #2,712 of 12,415
There has been a lull on my campus of...well, any identifiable headphones at all. And then, within the last week, I saw what was without a doubt a pair of K701 directly out of an iPod, and then two days ago I saw not one but two of the earpad variety of Beats.

I'm surprised I don't see more affordable mid-fi units, like maybe some of the cheaper DENON or Audio-Technica models. I suppose you have to know about headphones just to know they even exist, but still. Are we really this much of a fringe group here? 
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #2,713 of 12,415

Quote:
There has been a lull on my campus of...well, any identifiable headphones at all. And then, within the last week, I saw what was without a doubt a pair of K701 directly out of an iPod, and then two days ago I saw not one but two of the earpad variety of Beats.

I'm surprised I don't see more affordable mid-fi units, like maybe some of the cheaper DENON or Audio-Technica models. I suppose you have to know about headphones just to know they even exist, but still. Are we really this much of a fringe group here? 
frown.gif

Some of us only have open headphones 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back