Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 30, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #2,311 of 12,415

Quote:
Unwritten Draconian social principles define each's existence in my area. Elitists snap their diamond-tipped whips, saying, "More Bose! Apple onward, aplenty!" I dare not wear my Grado, for fear of being seen by sneerers and mockers. Woe is all who reside here!

Definitely one of the best posts in this thread.

On my campus, I see mostly iBuds and SC, but I saw one of my fellow electronic media majors had what appeared to be Klipsch Image S2's, and one of my unit mates has a pair of Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220's, but it's pretty dry around here in regards to decent equipment.

Quote:
i would probably have a heart attack if i ever saw a grado or sennheiser in public.

Same here, lol

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #2,315 of 12,415
In a small midwest town, pretty much everyone uses ipod earbuds or $15 JVC headphones from walmart. Most people around me think I'm insane. Recently traveled around Europe... Almost everyone I saw had Sennheisers! Not that all Senns are good... but hey, they're a welcome improvement over gummies. 

Well done, Europeans! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #2,318 of 12,415
saw these today on some guy at school today: http://ifrogz.com/proddetail.php?prod=EPThrowBax
i id'd them by reading the headband which said "ear pollution." at first glance i thought they were the panasonic rp-htx7-r1. but just by reading the headband i could they are not good cans.

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #2,319 of 12,415

Quote:
saw these today on some guy at school today: http://ifrogz.com/proddetail.php?prod=EPThrowBax
i id'd them by reading the headband which said "ear pollution." at first glance i thought they were the panasonic rp-htx7-r1. but just by reading the headband i could they are not good cans.

Ear Pollution indeed! Ironic that the company would insult their own "cool cat" headphones. I take from the "fun" colors they come in that this "guy" was 7 years old?

Aug 31, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #2,320 of 12,415
BTW what the heck is an iFrog? And who thought iFrogz would be a good brand name for a company that sells headphones?
Do they make a green mp3 player with spots on it shaped like a frog? Maybe it's waterproof too.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #2,321 of 12,415
I was working with a dude who had some random Bose headphones. He said my V6's looked pretty "hardcore". Heh.

He said he payed like $170 for his, and my jaw pretty much hit the floor. The cables were so incredibly fragile looking, there's no way I'd spend $170 for headphones on that issue alone, even if they sounded incredible.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #2,322 of 12,415
Quote:
BTW what the heck is an iFrog? And who thought iFrogz would be a good brand name for a company that sells headphones?
Do they make a green mp3 player with spots on it shaped like a frog? Maybe it's waterproof too.

iFrogs markets to the cutesy side of Headphones, almost all of their cans are for the Otaku or pre-teen girls who think it's a fashion statement or something. I'm surprised these stupid scene kids haven't taken to them like they did those stupid rainbow barf shoes.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #2,323 of 12,415

Quote:
iFrogs markets to the cutesy side of Headphones, almost all of their cans are for the Otaku or pre-teen girls who think it's a fashion statement or something. I'm surprised these stupid scene kids haven't taken to them like they did those stupid rainbow barf shoes.

The cool kids listen to Skullcandies. My friend spent $70 on their full sized headphones. I almost shot myself in the eye.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #2,324 of 12,415

Quote:

They look like they come from the same OEM as the Panasonics. Either Panasonic makes them for iFrogz, or they both get them from the same manufacturer. The latter is more likely.

They're mass marketed headphones that are aimed at a crowd that doesn't care so much for sound quality. Don't kid yourself by thinking Panasonic "tuned" their sound. :wink:

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #2,325 of 12,415
Etymotics galore this week.  Three separate HF2/HF5 sightings, one more with a first generation ER-4S. 

I saw a photo of a well known SC2 gamer who studies philosophy here.  I approve of the HD595s he was sporting. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back