Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #2,343 of 12,415
Saw someone with a pair of Grado SR-60 or SR-80 in the metro today. I was wondering how much noise leaked in.

Sep 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #2,344 of 12,415
saw a japanese guy with at-esw9's at school. other than that a crapload of beats and ibuds.

Sep 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #2,347 of 12,415

Quote:
I don't get it. How do Beats sell so well? Are people only willing to spend $300 on a product that is well marketed?

Uh... yea? People readily pay money for electronic items because they just assume there is some reason for the high price. But I mean for 300 bucks it sounds "good" no matter how much you read up on the subject. Coming from iBuds it sounds great. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #2,348 of 12,415
Silver Sony's and a pair that i have never heard of, as well as some bright colored ones with no name.  How do you guys know the models of all of them.  I tried to see the name of a pair the other day to add here and i got a very dirty look.
eek.gif

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #2,349 of 12,415
That attitude, which is so quick to put someone down, is why "audiophiles" are commonly regarded as snobs/ assholes. That's really sad too, because I've been here long enough and talked to enough of the people on here to know that isn't true at all.

It's like someone rolling up to a parking lot and telling you your car is garbage because it's not a $250,000 Ferrari.

Quote:
Out on job recently the discussion came up about "What will you buy with the money you're earning?"  I told them that I was going to buy some expensive headphones, to which I get back "Yeah, I own some Skull crushers."  I scoffed. "Those are garbage," I told him.

"No they're not."

"They are if you've heard $300 headphones."  I laughed.

He didn't know such a thing existed. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #2,350 of 12,415

Quote:
That attitude, which is so quick to put someone down, is why "audiophiles" are commonly regarded as snobs/ assholes. That's really sad too, because I've been here long enough and talked to enough of the people on here to know that isn't true at all.

It's like someone rolling up to a parking lot and telling you your car is garbage because it's not a $250,000 Ferrari.

That actually is quite an awesome analogy.

Sep 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #2,351 of 12,415
^ Yep
Just because you take the time to read, educate yourself, and spend lots of money on headphones doesn't give you the right to bash others. Of course I don't think it's good to blindly buy an expensive device (or anythign for that matter) just because you "think" it's good because it costs a lot, but I don't downgrade those that do.

Granted, when I had my K702s I always offered people a listen in the library when I got a look or someone posed a question. (Having T51 and amp with those huge cans isn't subtle lol).

That one person you're bashing could be... oh I don't know... 12 times smarter than you are and might know how to completely rewire a house or build a car from scratch. You just don't know so who are you to bash them? (Not directed at anyone, just saying). 

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #2,352 of 12,415

Quote:
That one person you're bashing could be... oh I don't know... 12 times smarter than you are and might know how to completely rewire a house or build a car from scratch. You just don't know so who are you to bash them? (Not directed at anyone, just saying). 

Or an angel

on topic....... jvc fx34 with foam mod on my girlfriend. That's about it.

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #2,353 of 12,415
There's this outside block party thing here at my school and the first thing I looked for was the DJ. He was wearing some Ultrasones. I'm happy. This was right before I picked up my SE 535s from the post office :)

I see a lot of Sony phones too; mostly lower end ones.

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #2,354 of 12,415
I never put him down though. We had a conversation about how everything is good until you've heard something better. As he's heard nothing better they sound great.

I would experience the same thing- $300 headphones? Psh. Cheap compared to people that own HD800's, yet I've never heard them, so the $300 pair sound great.

-

I've never seen any headphones in public other than Skullcandy and iBuds. I might even get excited to see the infamous Beats, simply because of their reputation here and the fact that they are $300. Still waiting for them though.  I did see my friend with some DT880/250's though. :)

Quote:

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #2,355 of 12,415
Saw some Portapros while walking around grounds the other day, and struck up a conversation with a girl in my biology class about the D1001s that she was wearing. Lots of Skullcandies and Beats around campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back