Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #11,597 of 12,415
Holy crap this thread oozes elitism. Everyone is knowledgeable about something and ignorant to something else.
If I asked someone here about game theory they may respond telling me that their 5000dpi laser and hi-res display macro mechanical keyboard gets the job done.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #11,598 of 12,415
Holy crap this thread oozes elitism. Everyone is knowledgeable about something and ignorant to something else.
If I asked someone here about game theory they may respond telling me that their 5000dpi laser and hi-res display macro mechanical keyboard gets the job done.
I generally dont trust people's word on anything. I like getting firsthand experience before making decisions. Take for example: Buying a car, going out to restaurants, choosing parts to put in a computer, choosing cell phones, etc. I like to make sure I'm getting the best deal. I also will look around places and look for suggestions from people and try them out.

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #11,599 of 12,415
Better hide my 12,000dpi Proteus Core and Dell 27" monitor :)

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #11,600 of 12,415

If I asked someone here about game theory

This is on my wish list: http://www.amazon.com/Economic-Behavior-Anniversary-Commemorative-Princeton/dp/0691130612

Meanwhile, this is what I do with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-F-1rF7TI&list=TLN3z5V9NmH7Y

Any forum that deals in high-end equipment or uncommon knowledge is always going to be elitist. Relatively speaking, we're elites.

But really, the core thread of contempt in this thread is towards people who drop large amounts of money on stuff while being totally uneducated about it. We don't see people here laughing about V-MODA products, even though they're sighted all the time and some of them are totally subpar (LP1/LP2). Nor does anyone here complain about people using cheap products (unless they claim they sound the same/better than really nice stuff).

At the same time, people here go all What about guys using HD800's out of their phones. Anyone who invests large amounts of resources into something they don't really understand is going to aggravate people who are knowledgeable. Why do you think objectivists get so pissed about cables?

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #11,601 of 12,415
   Anyone who invests large amounts of resources into something they don't really understand is going to aggravate people who are knowledgeable. Why do you think objectivists get so pissed about cables?

Well put.  I was going to ask if the videos you linked were on your channel, and then I saw the matching avatars and the massive staxs on the facecam lol.  

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #11,602 of 12,415

Well, I have a 2400 DPI optical mouse and a blue LED Backlit metal dome keyboard. YES! I'm not even close.

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #11,603 of 12,415

Only you know the peculiar reason why you came here to vent off your steam because you can't get over an obvious fact that the last person who knew everything died some 500 years ago.

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #11,604 of 12,415

Yes. This thread is dedicated to headphones, therefore there are many people here who know about headphones. No one on this thread said that everyone else is stupid because he does not know what we know.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #11,605 of 12,415
  Yes. This thread is dedicated to headphones, therefore there are many people here who know about headphones. No one on this thread said that everyone else is stupid because he does not know what we know.

People had been calling non audiophiles stupid, dumb, and dumb all the time.

We're not elites, we're just a-holes.

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #11,606 of 12,415
  People had been calling non audiophiles stupid, dumb, and dumb all the time.

We're not elites, we're just a-holes.

I think your statement did a better job of proving my point than yours. I see lots of people calling people out for ignorance and almost no random elitism.

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #11,608 of 12,415
I saw the monster DNA pro. The triangular design is quite weird. Also, there is a person who rides the same bus as me who wears the Audio Technica ATH-EQ300M. I hear they are a pretty good bang for the buck even though I hear about the Koss KSC 75 much more often.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #11,610 of 12,415
Only you know the peculiar reason why you came here to vent off your steam because you can't get over an obvious fact that the last person who knew everything died some 500 years ago.
umm... Pretty sure Chuck Norris isn't dead yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back