Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 28, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #11,566 of 12,415
  They rarely do. 

Hehe... A little off topic, but pardon me. I managed to convert a friend of mine who used to use crappy generic earbuds to the path of better sound. He has since bough an IM50 and UM10
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually even that friend of mine who bought the M50x doesn't really appreciate gear (cough my ER4Ps cough), he just wanted a new pair of decent headphones so he did some solo research and ended up with that. Still it came with the Fiio E06 so I used that opportunity to give a lecture on amps and LOs :D

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #11,569 of 12,415
O.o

At Sitex, a sennheiser salesman (really young around 18) told me about how his father is into Hifi and has a HD800

Apparently though not an audiophile himself, he bought a HD800 himself recently

Sigh I used to live in Singapore but now am in USA for university. Missing out on all the IT shows...
At least I can now have free Amazon shipping...

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #11,573 of 12,415
ER4P's are fantastic, but their sound takes getting used to. It's not user friendly, or really, consumer oriented. If your friend listens to music that heavily involves bass, and they are used to hearing booming/flabby or otherwise uncontrolled bass, the Etymotic's will sound thin and foreign to them. 

Took a different train this morning, and saw some B&O earbuds (A8?) in black. Nothing else interesting.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #11,575 of 12,415
Was VERY surprised to see an AKG on the bus the other day. Never got to talk to the person, but they looked like AKG 450/451. I've never seen AKGs in public, was very cool to see.

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #11,576 of 12,415
First time posting on this thread.

Toronto has plenty of good headphones. Just going outside for a 30 minute lunch break today netted a sighting of the ath m50 and a sony.

Normally while I do see a few beats and many cheap sony's, I also see plenty of senny momentums and m50s, a few higher end sonys, saw an akg, a shure, a parrot zik, harmon kardons, B&Os, B&Ws. All through out the course of a few months living in toronto. Not bad at all.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #11,577 of 12,415
IN the span of two days I found even more great cans,

The bad
few cheap sony's and ibuds
one gen one beats studio (ugh)

The maybes
two unrecognisable headphones
one headphone I didn't get to see properly
a few unknown iems 
A possible akg.

The good
A Shure 840
a Sennheiser momentum
A grado sr 80
One ath m50

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #11,579 of 12,415
There was an interesting sighting, if one can call it that, on the BBC World News, yesterday. A news footage from London, England showed an older well dressed gentleman walking on a street to or from work [he had a business briefcase in his hand] and listening to music on the big size Beyerdynamic headphones. That was startling to see - headphones fever gripping the older generation.
BBC online - http://www.livestation.com/en/bbc-world

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #11,580 of 12,415
What Beyers were they ? Sounds like me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back