1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Headphone Sightings 2

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vyu223, Jun 20, 2006.
First

Back
765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774
776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785
Next

Last
  1. kilspeed111
    umm... Chuck Norris isn't a person...

2. linglingjr
    Please explain? [​IMG]

3. lookingforIEMs

Unfortunately?

Unfortunately??

4. liamstrain
    Back on topic, I saw a pair of Grado RS2's out in the wild today.Girl sitting in a coffee shop up in Andersonville with them. 

5. Duncan Moderator
    Sort of OT sort of not, now it is wintertime in the UK I'm seeing quite a few HUUUGE sets of ear muffs - way wider than needed to be (big Beats headphone effect?) seen some wire protruding, so - maybe someone has integrated big headphone drivers into earmuffs now...

6. linglingjr
    900% more likely that they just have their apple earbuds or other cheapo iems under their earmuffs.  

But I have seen some snowboarding/skiing helmets with built in drivers on the ear padding so you can listen to music as you were saying.

7. Tus-Chan

What the eff? You can't just drop something weird and interesting like that and leave us hanging with no details. [​IMG]

8. sunwolf
    That's true, but a disproportionate amount of people are knowledgeable about things like: how to get drunk, the latest in celebrity gossip, the hippest dubstep bands, essays on femininity and lesbian rights, what gadgets each of their neighbors has recently bought, or what happened in every T.V. episode / Hollywood movie over the past month. That makes those of us who are different, the minority who take pride in being knowledgeable about more intelligent, challenging, and advanced things, and who often have higher aspirations and standards for ourselves, the elites, by definition.

If you take offense to the word "elitism" you're welcome to sign off Head-Fi, go buy some Apple ear buds, get drunk, turn your brain off and stop worrying about it. It's not like we're a threat to you, man. Or... or... or... were you secretly trying to out-elite us? Careful boys, he took a class on game theory! It's a pity that we don't know squat about anything except headphones and audio equipment!

9. oatp1b1
    edit: -

10. TRapz
    Just because we know more about a certain subject doesn't mean we can insult others who don't. Most don't even know anything about high-end audio. It's like a college student laughing at an 8th grader because he doesn't know calculus. Sure, we can take pride in being lucky enough to know about these things, but we can't use it as a tool to shame others. And I'm certain there are audiophiles who are knowledgeable about things like how to get drunk, the latest in celebrity gossip, the hippest dubstep bands, essays on femininity and lesbian rights, what gadgets each of their neighbors has recently bought, or what happened in every T.V. episode / Hollywood movie over the past month. Just because we know more about one subject doesn't make us smarter than anyone else. 

Ishcabible, L0SLobos and thatBeatsguy like this.
  11. OrcaFish
    I was in downtown San Fran yesterday and saw what appeared to be a homeless man wearing some red Beats Solo's and then 2 people wearing some Sennheiser Momentum's.  I have yet to see any of the new Urbanites though, but hopefully that will change as Sennheiser put up 1 of those pop-up stores 

12. miceblue
    HD800
    ScreenShot2014-12-14at16.09.49.png

13. linglingjr
    At first I was like "Nice, there was a streamer I used to watch that ran HD800s out of a PoS soundcard for gaming" and then I saw he was wearing them backwards... 

thatBeatsguy and AlexZanderZee like this.
  14. miceblue
    Yeah I'm pretty sure he knew that too, but for the sake of the Google Hangout event, it was "good enough." XD

15. DonutDeflector

I've seen an HD 800 worn backwards quite a bit on a stream!

First

Back
765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774
776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785
Next

Last