Headphone Sightings 2
May 26, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #12,034 of 12,415
Depends on how she listens.

When I was using the HD800 for a portable I would keep my source in my bag and just feed enough cable out of the bag to listen

Wouldn't the outside noise make them a more unpleasurable listen? Still the cord of the 595 is pretty annoying so thats another factor, its pretty clunky and long.

it wasn't so bad if I just fed enough cable out.

The outside noise is definitely a factor. In certain places it was unusable (metro) but in a lot of other places the HD800 were perfectly fine. Most of these open backs still have some isolation. The hd800 was comparable to a lot of poor isolating close backs

May 26, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #12,035 of 12,415

The outside noise is definitely a factor. In certain places it was unusable (metro) but in a lot of other places the HD800 were perfectly fine. Most of these open backs still have some isolation. The hd800 was comparable to a lot of poor isolating close backs

Ah, well I can imagine that if you would have it in a place that's making use of the length. Yeah I can imagine on a bus or train where there's alot of noise it wouldn't really work, that and probably walking around in an area with alot of cars and stuff going on. That is interesting though, I would've thought it would completely make them almost unlistenable.

May 26, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #12,036 of 12,415

Ah, well I can imagine that if you would have it in a place that's making use of the length. Yeah I can imagine on a bus or train where there's alot of noise it wouldn't really work, that and probably walking around in an area with alot of cars and stuff going on. That is interesting though, I would've thought it would completely make them almost unlistenable.

The buses and trains in my area are really quiet. The metros are awful.

I live in a fairly quiet city where this works. I wouldn't try it in new york city.

1) You'd get mugged
2) honking 24/7

May 26, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #12,037 of 12,415

I live in a fairly quiet city where this works. I wouldn't try it in new york city.

1) You'd get mugged
2) honking 24/7

Ah well thats good that it isn't that bad then. I could never do it around here, LA is really noisy too. And I pretty much drive to all the places I need to be, Probably not a good idea to have headphones on in a car haha.

May 26, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #12,038 of 12,415

1) You'd get mugged

2) honking 24/7

Ah well thats good that it isn't that bad then. I could never do it around here, LA is really noisy too. And I pretty much drive to all the places I need to be, Probably not a good idea to have headphones on in a car haha.

It's illegal to wear headphones while biking or driving here in Canada.

The cop gave me a really nasty look when she saw me wearing my TH900 headphones while biking on the sidewalk with no helmet. Though she didn't stop me since it's a really quiet suburban area

May 26, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #12,039 of 12,415
The cop gave me a really nasty look when she saw me wearing my TH900 headphones while biking on the sidewalk with no helmet. Though she didn't stop me since it's a really quiet suburban area

Or she recognized the headphones and got distracted wondering something like WTH is this dude doing wearing Fostex 900s on his bicycle?! He should have individual helmets for the ear cups! oh wait... I was so busy eyeing the hand laquered cherry wood's fine glow that I didn't notice they naturally prevent him from properly wearing a helmet for his own head, much less miniature helmets for his headphones. Isn't that illegal? I can't remember... it's been so long since I was in the academy, oh well, i'm sure he'll be OK... now where'd my horse get off to?

Incidentally I saw a lady wearing some variant of Fostex T50s today

May 26, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #12,040 of 12,415

Or she recognized the headphones and got distracted wondering something like WTH is this dude doing wearing Fostex 900s on his bicycle?! He should have individual helmets for the ear cups! oh wait... I was so busy eyeing the hand laquered cherry wood's fine glow that I didn't notice they naturally prevent him from properly wearing a helmet for his own head, much less miniature helmets for his headphones. Isn't that illegal? I can't remember... it's been so long since I was in the academy, oh well, i'm sure he'll be OK... now where'd my horse get off to?

Incidentally I saw a lady wearing some variant of Fostex T50s today

I dont think those headphones would survive a fall off a bike. Also since I'm an idiot I dont use the handle bars when biking.

I think if she knew what those headphones were she would have given me a ticket for crimes against audiophile code

May 27, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #12,042 of 12,415
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Friggin Sony XB-1000s worn on the tube!

Hey, guys, BucketInABucket just PMed me to say that the Sony XB-1000s were worn by a girl! Ooooh, I think he has a crush!
redface.gif

Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cop gave me a really nasty look when she saw me wearing my TH900 headphones while biking on the sidewalk with no helmet.

"Citizen, I need to confiscate your cans for..police reasons." Imagine if you wrecked on your bike; People would be running to help your cans. They'd get an ambulance just for them =O.

May 27, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #12,044 of 12,415
JBL E40BT at school. Someone got one apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back