Headphone Sightings 2
May 27, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #12,046 of 12,415
Friggin Sony XB-1000s worn on the tube!

Hey, guys, BucketInABucket just PMed me to say that the Sony XB-1000s were worn by a girl! Ooooh, I think he has a crush!:xf_eek:
The cop gave me a really nasty look when she saw me wearing my TH900 headphones while biking on the sidewalk with no helmet.

"Citizen, I need to confiscate your cans for..police reasons." Imagine if you wrecked on your bike; People would be running to help your cans. They'd get an ambulance just for them =O.

I don't think the hospitals here are equipped for headphone surgery of the lacquered type. This pair needs a direct flight to Japan where it'll be transported from the airport to the hospital by helicopter.

May 27, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #12,047 of 12,415
  Momentums and Momentum in-ears and Urbanite (XL) are becoming common sightings for me nowadays.

Those are amazing headphones and IEMs, but in Romania, I am yet to see a single urbanite or momentum headphones. 

Though I keep seeing Audio tehnica. I wonder if i keep seeing the same person wearing them. I do not pay enough attention to this. 

I also keep seeing many many sonys. 

And buds. Peolpe just love having buds, or at least I think so. My brother uses the cheap buds that came with sandisk clip+, even though I had given him my yamaha eph-30. He said that buds have more soundstage... 

May 27, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #12,048 of 12,415
  Hey, guys, BucketInABucket just PMed me to say that the Sony XB-1000s were worn by a girl! Ooooh, I think he has a crush!
redface.gif

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 
tongue.gif
 I don't even remember what she looks like honestly!

May 27, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #12,049 of 12,415
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the hospitals here are equipped for headphone surgery of the lacquered type. This pair needs a direct flight to Japan where it'll be transported from the airport to the hospital by helicopter.

The flight would take too long. They need emergency surgery STAT! But who has special lacquer nearby?
  I can just imagine the paramedics taking your headphones off after you crash. They remove them carefully, but then let your head fall and hit the pavement X3!

Originally Posted by BucketInABucket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 
tongue.gif
 I don't even remember what she looks like honestly!

Oh, come on. You never forget a headphone sighting, let alone a girl wearing headphones.

Originally Posted by Dobrescu George /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My brother uses the cheap buds that came with sandisk clip+, even though I had given him my yamaha eph-30. He said that buds have more soundstage... 

What a fool!- Just kidding >.>. You should also post in the non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones.

Wanna know my sighting? ...$20 Sonys.
frown.gif

May 27, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #12,051 of 12,415

Oh, come on. You never forget a headphone sighting, let alone a girl wearing headphones.

Normally I forget my sightings but this one was too special to pass up 
tongue.gif
 I mean come on XB1000s those are like a rare animal!

May 27, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #12,053 of 12,415
Normally I forget my sightings but this one was too special to pass up 
tongue.gif
 I mean come on XB1000s those are like a rare animal!

I've never seen or heard the XB1000 so that's pretty damn rare indeed.

I saw them in a bank commercial 4 years ago, lol. They were also sold at Best Buy for Jude's sake. They were so common that I got to listen to them
basshead.gif
! But they do seem to be rare now.

Edit: Yay, I just spotted a Sennheiser HD 25 in a movie! An annoying movie..but still a good sighting!

May 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #12,054 of 12,415
I'm reminded that I do see some other stuff every once in awhile aside from beats. An occasional Portapro, I remember seeing 2-3 people before with a MDR-V6 or a 7506. Of course the M50x has almost gone to Beats level of frequency as well.

May 27, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #12,055 of 12,415
Normally I forget my sightings but this one was too special to pass up :p  I mean come on XB1000s those are like a rare animal!

I've never seen or heard the XB1000 so that's pretty damn rare indeed.

I saw them in a bank commercial 4 years ago, lol. They were also sold at Best Buy for Jude's sake. They were so common that I got to listen to them :basshead: ! But they do seem to be rare now.

Edit: Yay, I just spotted a Sennheiser HD 25 in a movie! An annoying movie..but still a good sighting!

Bestbuy Canada rarely carries anything good. They have momentums now at least.

May 30, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #12,057 of 12,415
Saw someone in the Boston Public Library wearing HD800s backwards. I even got a picture but I realized that's really creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back