Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #5,806 of 12,415

Quote:
Anime lovers 

1. Think they're ninjas.
2. Think they can speak Japanese and be all sophisticated.
3. Fap over cartoon characters.

If you don't do these 3, you don't love anime. 

If you do all 3, you're an otaku.

My decision is final.

Well i guess i'm not an anime fan.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #5,808 of 12,415

Quote:
I hate sports. If your stupid but your good at sports your still stupid.

Stupid or not, they make way more money than the average person does. Even so, how do you know they are stupid? They definitely are doing something right.

Quote:
Im only 5'9"
mad.gif
running back height.

I'm only like 5 inches taller
L3000.gif

Quote:
Lol, thats true but I love sports for all sorts of reasons, especially team sports and mostly football. A lot of positions require a good head on your shoulders. A lot of olinemen and quarterbacks are smart people because it is so tough to play mentally.

Sports require an insane mindset. If you look at the NBA, the skills levels and athleticisms are reasonably close; however, it's the mindset that changes everything. A quarterback needs to be smart, and so do his receivers/running backs. I can't really defend baseball, but I'm not a fan.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #5,810 of 12,415
lolololol I guess I'm not an Otaku either...even though i've seen a motherload of anime and have read an innumerable amount of manga...oh well.

Havent read too much manga. Good amount of anime tho

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/b-dawk20

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #5,811 of 12,415
Haha B-Dawk20. Who's the young anime fan again? :p

Stupid or not, they make way more money than the average person does. Even so, how do you know they are stupid? They definitely are doing something right.

Statistically you might be able to show that athletes are stupid. Statistically you might be able to show that rich people are smart.

This doesn't mean that any chosen example of a rich person is smart, or an athletic person is stupid. This is probably the most common misconception of statistical interpretation, and it's a really... stupid... misconception in of itself. Someone can be smart and stupid, just like someone can be rich and athletic or whatever.

However casey is correct obviously that if someone is stupid, then being athletic and making a ton of money doesn't change that fact (it probably makes it a lot worse as opposed to pursuing education). But you know, you being smarter doesn't change the fact that a hypothetical dumb athlete achieved a ton more money than you, by his own means :p.

You could also say that if you're weak, then being smart and making a ton of money doesn't change the fact that you're weak. But you know, being weak wouldn't change the fact that this hypothetical smart person achieved a ton more money than you, by his own means.

Same thing either way, just different genetic traits being used to achieve success.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #5,813 of 12,415
What the hell did I stumble into? 

Saw a pair of Sennheiser 250 linear 2's on the train today. That's something I was not expecting.

Didn't get a chance to talk to the owner. If you are on here (Chicago/Brown Line near sedgewick on Saturday) - dude. I would love to audition your phones some time. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #5,814 of 12,415
I saw what I swear was an ATH-ESW9. Had the wood and the AT sign and everything. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #5,815 of 12,415
Where abouts? I wear my EW9 clip on's all the time now that I have them. But I've not seen anyone else with any AT's (aside from M50's) at all. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #5,816 of 12,415

Quote:
Where abouts? I wear my EW9 clip on's all the time now that I have them. But I've not seen anyone else with any AT's (aside from M50's) at all. 

Washougal, at Walmart. Yeah, your heard right. Walmart. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #5,817 of 12,415
Spotted a pair of hd555 and dt770 at the university's library during finals last week.

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #5,819 of 12,415

Quote:
Some blue WESC, Skullcandy Aviator and GI. AKG K44 (?) Beats Solo, power Beats, Sennheiser PXC 360, HD205. Some Mixstyle circumaurals, 2 UE100

Funny things is, Skullcandy has been stepping up their game, I thoroughly enjoyed the Aviators. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #5,820 of 12,415
On Friday a black gentleman saw me with my LCD-2s and noted that he's never seen them before and referenced Beats as something he sees a lot.  I explained that they were my LCD-2s, expensive, and recommended that he get a pair of Audio Technica's rather than Beats due to price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back