Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #3,526 of 12,415
Almost everyone wearing headphones at my school has either beats or buds.  Even seeing a skullcandy is rare.  Talked to some people in my photography class, seems the general consensus is "Dude! Beats go hard dude! HD 1080p sound quality!"  They also think that bose headphones are for "professionals."  I used to have an sr-60i and was greeted with remarks such as "old man headphones" and "totally lame" 
biggrin.gif

I did see one pair of HD212's yesterday though 
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #3,527 of 12,415
Saw a white pair of Beats Pro (?) yesterday. Not very common here in Sweden. Bose is not that common either. Something that IS common is Koss PortaPro. They are relatively cheap and can be found everywhere, so I probably see 4-5 of them every day when going to and from work. Sometimes I see Scullcandy and WESC, but PortaPro outnumbers them.

What else is there? Let's see... The other day I saw a middle age guy wearing a pair of Sennheiser HD25 1:II and this morning I saw a guy on the train wearing a pair of AKG K518 LE.

When I lived in Japan last year, I would see people wearing Audio Technica, Pioneer and Victor/JVC headphones every day. I miss Japan and the headphone sightings there...

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #3,528 of 12,415
Quote:
bannedman3 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Almost everyone wearing headphones at my school has either beats or buds.  Even seeing a skullcandy is rare.  Talked to some people in my photography class, seems the general consensus is "Dude! Beats go hard dude! HD 1080p sound quality!"  They also think that bose headphones are for "professionals."  I used to have an sr-60i and was greeted with remarks such as "old man headphones" and "totally lame" 
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Dang, I want 1080p sound quality!
triportsad.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #3,530 of 12,415

Quote:
What can this be folks ?

There's a pair of Fishers that just went on eBay (darn the Buy It Now crowd) that have the same cup.  But I'm pretty certain the cup appears on some other brands of headphones too.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #3,531 of 12,415

Quote:
I was in line at a salad bar on my college campus and I had my ATH-M50 around my neck. The dude in front of me turns around and says "Dude, I have those headphones. They're ****ing awesome."
atsmile.gif
First person I met that has decent headphones at SDSU!!

AWESOME!

Quote:
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Go hard or go home son.... I'd rather be home with sr-60s  
gs1000.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #3,532 of 12,415
I was in line at a salad bar on my college campus and I had my ATH-M50 around my neck. The dude in front of me turns around and says "Dude, I have those headphones. They're ****ing awesome."
atsmile.gif
First person I met that has decent headphones at SDSU!!

Back in High School, one of my teachers did the same thing when I brought in my MS1s.

Feb 10, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #3,533 of 12,415
I've not really paid any attention to what headphones other people were wearing until now.

A guy I passed walking down the hallway at school was looking all smug with his skullcrushers.  Too bad I didn't have the HD25's on at the time.  In the lab there were a few iBuds and ugly bright green gummies.  Someone else had what appeared to be some MDR-V300's.

It feels kinda creepy looking around at peoples' ears.  Reminds me of camera and lens spotting.  It is interesting to see what others are listening with though.

Feb 10, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #3,534 of 12,415
I have been getting into this new Headfi Audio outlook for 6 months now and I have yet to spot any headphones at my college aside from countless pairs of beats and a few skull candy headphones. So disappointing to be honest. I think I saw one pair of Senns but it was probably a mirage...

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #3,535 of 12,415
Saw a dude with some kind of Sennheiser today at Au Bon Pain. It was really weird, the first thing I saw was the typical HD555/HD595 curving frame... but I didn't see the open grille, I saw some kind of weird texture, like what's on the HD428. I was like "WHOA i thought I just saw sennheisers... what the heck" then I realized they did say Sennheiser on the headband. I tried to take a few steps to the side and look over but by then he was gone. Still not sure what they were.

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #3,537 of 12,415

Quote:
Saw a dude with some kind of Sennheiser today at Au Bon Pain. It was really weird, the first thing I saw was the typical HD555/HD595 curving frame... but I didn't see the open grille, I saw some kind of weird texture, like what's on the HD428. I was like "WHOA i thought I just saw sennheisers... what the heck" then I realized they did say Sennheiser on the headband. I tried to take a few steps to the side and look over but by then he was gone. Still not sure what they were.

Maybe they were 515's?

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #3,538 of 12,415

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe they were 515's?

No, the area where the grille should have been was dark. The entire headphone was a dark grey/blackish color, which is why I thought they were the 428s, but I checked and the 428s don't have the same styling as the 555/595 series. Weird. Maybe I didn't see them quite correctly.

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #3,539 of 12,415

HD558. Have them and love them. They have black mesh covering the outer grill, you can just make out the hexagonal holes if you look closely. Or, you know, search Google for a picture :)
To semi-contribute: today I saw my first pair of real life Grados, an SR80i. They came in a sealed box, straight to my door..
gs1000.gif
Curse you, Head-Fi!!

Quote:
No, the area where the grille should have been was dark. The entire headphone was a dark grey/blackish color, which is why I thought they were the 428s, but I checked and the 428s don't have the same styling as the 555/595 series. Weird. Maybe I didn't see them quite correctly.

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #3,540 of 12,415

Quote:
HD558. Have them and love them. They have black mesh covering the outer grill, you can just make out the hexagonal holes if you look closely. Or, you know, search Google for a picture :)
To semi-contribute: today I saw my first pair of real life Grados, an SR80i. They came in a sealed box, straight to my door..
gs1000.gif
Curse you, Head-Fi!!

Quote:

Nope, they really were HD428s. The headband "Sennheiser" on the ones I saw was indented, rather than printed on. I took another look at the HD428:

It has some kind of "fake" HD555/595 styling, but from a quick glance from behind they do look like the 555/595/558etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back