1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1, and the Amperior; Audio-Technica ATH-M50s; Audez'e LCD-2 rev.2 and the LCD-3

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by windsor, May 29, 2012.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. HPiper
    Quote:

Great mids and highs, somewhat bright ..sure sounds like a Grado to me...Maybe an RS1i. However when you factor in the comfort factor you are back with the HD700. I have never had any Sennheiser that was anything but totally comfortable. I personally find the RS1i comfortable but I have had several people tell me I must have a weird head or ears because they don't like wearing them for long.

2. Halimj7

Are the mids vocals breathy on the RS1 and forward?

3. Halimj7

Are the mids vocals breathy on the RS1 and forward?

4. Dubstep Girl
    Quote:

yes

5. Windsor
    Quote:

No. If I had to choose one of the listed headphones now I'd probably opt for the HD 800 or HD 600, but saying that, the M50 is sounding pretty sweet now as I type this. However if it came to it I might deviate from this list and choose a Stax 009.

[​IMG]

6. Halimj7
    How would you guys describe the mids and highs on the HD700

7. fihidelity
    Quote:
    What is it that the HD6/800 have over the 700s? Thanks for the response.

8. streetdragon
    Quote:
    HD700 is a little stuck in the middle. Both in price and in sound signature. But i can't elaborate too much about it since i only had a short demo.

9. Halimj7

How would you guys describe the mids and highs on the HD700

10. streetdragon
    Quote:
    Kind of sparkly and clean, but might be sibilant and dry at times though.

11. Dubstep Girl
    Quote:

translation: clear treble with slightly emphasized detail with good recordings, piercing bright unnatural harshness and a thin lifeless sound on poor recordings. 

lol kidding,  haven't heard HD 700 [​IMG]

12. streetdragon
    Quote:
    Lol not bad for someone who hasn't had a demo with it, quite close to my quick impressions.[​IMG]

13. dePhil
    I am very much into "airy" sound and multidimensional soundstage. 

After being allowed to audition the HD800 (the size of which I strongly disliked and thus - did not even consider buying initially) at home for a week (amped by WA6) - I ditched the HD700 on the second day without even thinking and never looked back.

HD700 (which I liked and still consider it a great pair of cans) were really good at that, but the difference was absolutely worth both the price premium and the size punishment :) 

14. Dubstep Girl
    Quote:
    [​IMG]

15. peterBj

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last