HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Mar 25, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #1,081 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can hardly wait for my slim now that I got a taste of it for a couple of weeks - I miss using the demo Slim with my ES3X since I shipped it back Monday.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsawdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't use it with the JH13's? Have you listened and compared with the TTVJ slim?
George

I tried the Slim with my JH13Pro and it's very enjoyable, but it maybe gave them a little more midbass than I prefer, while it improved the bass on my ES3X nicely. My ES3X can be a little edgy on some amps like 3MOVE or Protector, and a little better on a more laid back or smoother/refined amp like Pico Slim, or DACport. But Sherwood agreed he thought his JH13Pro picked up a little bass boost with the Slim as well, and thought the RSA Protector filled out the mids and controlled the bass just a little better.

At CanJAm I compared the Slim to P-51 with my iMod and ES3X, and while the P-51 is very nice with the ES3X, I thought the Slim was a slightly better match. Since the P-51 sounds a lot like the newer Shadow I decided to pass on the Shadow and hold out for the Slim. Blutarsky also liked what the Slim did for his ES3X A LOT, and is dying for his to arrive too.

Interestingly, the UE11Pro also got along great with the Slim too, without the boosted bass you often experience with the 11Pro on the wrong amp. So, I was very pleased with the Slim and UE11Pro combination. This was done using my TWag balanced cable and a TWag single ended adapter. I didn't get to try the UE11Pro with the stock cable. I did try the other two IEM with stock cable and TWag, and the thing that improved the most with the TWag was the detail and transparency, without a big change in frequency response.

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #1,082 of 2,425
Question and advice:

So here's the deal - I have a pair of shure 530s, and CMOY for my 4G Ipod. It has been a very nice combination, but have been slowly upgrading. So I have purchased a pico slim and waiting for that puppy to arrive. Now am thinking to take my 4G and have it Imodded ... but in anyone's humble opinion is that overkill or will there be a big difference?

I have been happy with the 530s and the Cmoy. I am sure the pico slim will make a bigger difference.

Thoughts and comments?

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #1,083 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried the Slim with my JH13Pro and it's very enjoyable, but it maybe gave them a little more midbass than I prefer, while it improved the bass on my ES3X nicely. My ES3X can be a little edgy on some amps like 3MOVE or Protector, and a little better on a more laid back or smoother/refined amp like Pico Slim, or DACport. But Sherwood agreed he thought his JH13Pro picked up a little bass boost with the Slim as well, and thought the RSA Protector filled out the mids and controlled the bass just a little better.

At CanJAm I compared the Slim to P-51 with my iMod and ES3X, and while the P-51 is very nice with the ES3X, I thought the Slim was a slightly better match. Since the P-51 sounds a lot like the newer Shadow I decided to pass on the Shadow and hold out for the Slim. Blutarsky also liked what the Slim did for his ES3X A LOT, and is dying for his to arrive too.

Interestingly, the UE11Pro also got along great with the Slim too, without the boosted bass you often experience with the 11Pro on the wrong amp. So, I was very pleased with the Slim and UE11Pro combination. This was done using my TWag balanced cable and a TWag single ended adapter. I didn't get to try the UE11Pro with the stock cable. I did try the other two IEM with stock cable and TWag, and the thing that improved the most with the TWag was the detail and transparency, without a big change in frequency response.

How would you say the slim compares with the HDP. I assume you've heard those same phones on both.

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #1,084 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you say the slim compares with the HDP. I assume you've heard those same phones on both.

I didn't have the Slim long enough to make that comparison, sorry.

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #1,085 of 2,425
One Silver Pico Slim for me pls~ With Charging Cable. To Singapore
beerchug.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #1,088 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by jckp919 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just wondering...it has been almost a week already...

any update would be great~

Quote:

Originally Posted by koonhua90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People are getting impatient waiting
jecklinsmile.gif
The two weeks' period is almost over, I wonder when is Justin gonna ship them.

If i read Justin's last post (#1039) correctly, he expects the final components to ship to him on the 29th of this month.

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #1,090 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If i read Justin's last post (#1039) correctly, he expects the final components to ship to him on the 29th of this month.

That's also how I read it

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasn't 2weeks period over last week?
I thought I paid Justin on March 6, so 20days ago.

Yes the 14 day preferential periode should have been over 20th March

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #1,093 of 2,425
From my experience waiting for 2 of Justin's previous portable amps(AE-2 & Pico), even after the waiting and anticipation of my next cool toy, I was not let down. With high expectation I was still very impressed after receiving the amp. After careful inspection, I came to the conclusion that these amps were near to perfection. I couldn't find fault with any design aspects.

This is what I expect to experience after receiving my Pico Slim. I have no doubts.

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #1,095 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my experience waiting for 2 of Justin's previous portable amps(AE-2 & Pico), even after the waiting and anticipation of my next cool toy, I was not let down. With high expectation I was still very impressed after receiving the amp. After careful inspection, I came to the conclusion that these amps were near to perfection. I couldn't find fault with any design aspects.

This is what I expect to experience after receiving my Pico Slim. I have no doubts.

I have owned the Pico Dac/Amp, and I've heard an early completion version of the slim at the northern California meet last month. I have to agree with GreatDane. The slim is a great amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back