Head gear(headphones, amp, dac) for 1500-1600$
Nov 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:
Or the yulong a18 sabre..
biggrin.gif
same price range
But yeah..lyr is almost unbeatable..ALMOST.. Step in lafigaro 339/ darkvoice 337 (with the right tubes)..they are a bit more expensive but man..the sound u get for the price!
But shiit combo is a good starting point..u can always tube roll the lyr to improve sound.

Darkvoice 337 amazing looking amp :) i want it but i dont have more money for it. 720$ expensive but nice :DDD

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #17 of 22
If you are handling with HE500, HE5LE or HE6 though, you're presented with the unique position of being able to dip into speaker taps that are much cheaper than Lyr but perform better. Note that this does not apply with any other headphone.

I read that also somewhere..but u have to put somthing in between to pair it well..if i remember it right.. Check the forums here :xf_eek:

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #18 of 22
Darkvoice 337 amazing looking amp :) i want it but i dont have more money for it. 720$ expensive but nice :DDD

Thanks..at night its like sex on tubes..they glow so beautifully....ps..add around100-200 extra for the right nos tubes to make the headphones sound on his best.. :xf_eek:

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #20 of 22
Yup..thats how mine looks at night. :p .but as u see closely u will see that mine is modded a little..the two power switches are on the back on mine..as that minimizes interferences i understood.. :D did u check my pics also? :D

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #22 of 22
i found La Figaro Darkvoice 337 579$ this are better than lyr ? http://www.audiophilechina.com/cp-show.asp?C_id=153&S_id2=2&s_id=25 SAFE TO BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE?

Hey duper,

To be honest..straight out of the box the lafigaro 339 is better then the darkvoice 337..as its better tuned to low inpedance phones like the he500..a friend of mine has one..mine sounds better..but then again mine has different tubes and has some mods.

Check this site..its ebay..so ur fully insured by paypal..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-New-La-Figaro-339-Head-AMP-tube-AMP-PreAMP-AMP-/120765570310?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item1c1e305d06

For me i love my darkvoice more..its more sexy then the 339 whois to silver..i love the black apearance of my baby..especially when i listen to it in complete darkness in my comfy chair :D

Price is the same imthink..around 700 dollars..on this site the delivery costs are included worldwide i think..and trust me a beast of almost 18 kg without package is expensive to sent...so i think that seller has a good deal. Oh yeah..buy urself also some quality powercables..diesnt need to break ur bank..get them second hand..but get two of the same kind..as u need two..and if u do buy one of the two amps..connect it directly to the grid..no thingies to connect 4 or more cables..sorry forgot the name of those blocks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back