Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #12,587 of 12,596
What’s your impression of the scarletts? What were you using previously, and what genre(s) of music do you listen do?
They're definitely great super good sub bass monsters, in terms of iems I was using some Aurisonics Bravo Forte. In terms of music I just listen to anything bass heavy with them I anywhere from edm to rock with nice kick drums.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:46 PM Post #12,591 of 12,596
Speaking of bass,I vouch for 64audio Noir

May 3, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #12,592 of 12,596
Just adding my 2 cents. Bass heads looking for a tws should check out the Bose QC Ultra earbuds. I listen to a lot of techno, house, dnb, bass, etc and the Bose ultras sound great for those genres. The bass is super punchy, clean, dynamic, tactile, etc. The best analogy I can come up with is standing in front of a well tuned Funktion-One sound system with the 24 inch FLH subs.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #12,594 of 12,596
This may be kind of a weird question but if I wanted DD bass in a musically neutral/balanced presentation with pressure venting/relief for $1.5k and under used/new, I feel like the IEM market has many contenders in this bracket and I want to be inclusive of the options - what would you folks recommend? It's fine if the IEM has BAs as long as the bass driver is Dynamic. Note that I'm using price as a way to signify that this is not a "TOTL/endgame" ask. The ones I'm thinking of trying are CA Bonneville, NJA Singularity, Softears Twilight, SA Titan, perhaps a nod towards MA Eclipse.

I will be EQing which is why not all of the above IEMs are basshead by default and also why I haven't included fatFreq (though I think they also don't have any pressure venting until their GM model if I'm understanding correctly). My experience with full-size headphones has been to get neutral-ish balanced closed backs and EQ to keep the details/technicals but bring the bass into speakers/subwoofer territory which results in the best sound to me - I'm assuming the same philosophy will hold true for IEMs. Basshead headphones often use mediocre tunings which require a lot of corrections (possible exception again for fatFreq), I prefer to start with something that sounds balanced and then pump the bass until it sounds great.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #12,595 of 12,596
This may be kind of a weird question but if I wanted DD bass in a musically neutral/balanced presentation with pressure venting/relief for $1.5k and under used/new, I feel like the IEM market has many contenders in this bracket and I want to be inclusive of the options - what would you folks recommend? It's fine if the IEM has BAs as long as the bass driver is Dynamic. Note that I'm using price as a way to signify that this is not a "TOTL/endgame" ask. The ones I'm thinking of trying are CA Bonneville, NJA Singularity, Softears Twilight, SA Titan, perhaps a nod towards MA Eclipse.

I will be EQing which is why not all of the above IEMs are basshead by default and also why I haven't included fatFreq (though I think they also don't have any pressure venting until their GM model if I'm understanding correctly). My experience with full-size headphones has been to get neutral-ish balanced closed backs and EQ to keep the details/technicals but bring the bass into speakers/subwoofer territory which results in the best sound to me - I'm assuming the same philosophy will hold true for IEMs. Basshead headphones often use mediocre tunings which require a lot of corrections (possible exception again for fatFreq), I prefer to start with something that sounds balanced and then pump the bass until it sounds great.
I have the Oriolus Monachaa best DD bass i ever heard

May 10, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #12,596 of 12,596

I just started with the singularity. Probably the most comfortable and most beautiful DD for all day daily driving I have heard.
I love bass, and it’s good. With eq you will be bass heading hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back