Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #12,406 of 12,597
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #12,407 of 12,597
The OP that started this whole thing doesn't come in here anymore. But he does have a YT channel with some of the latest and greatest to budget sets. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/c/BadGuyGoodAudioReviews
Regardless of what people think about HBB, if you love good bass his reccomendations and collabs have been amazing for me. His target is pretty close to mine. I think finding a reviewer that has similar tastes to your own is important.

Nov 19, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #12,409 of 12,597
Hi all

Any recommendations for iem with very large and boomy bass?
What's your budget? What styles of music and/or artists do you listen to? What are you running them off (phone, DAP, desktop system etc)? What gear do you use at the moment and what do you like or dislike about it?

Too many questions, I know. But there are too many options too! :L3000:

Nov 20, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #12,411 of 12,597
What's your budget? What styles of music and/or artists do you listen to? What are you running them off (phone, DAP, desktop system etc)? What gear do you use at the moment and what do you like or dislike about it?

Too many questions, I know. But there are too many options too! :L3000:
Sorry, my bad 🙏🏻

My budget is between 100-250$, I use android & iphone + shanling ua5.

Any recommendations? 😆

Nov 20, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #12,414 of 12,597
Sorry, my bad 🙏🏻

My budget is between 100-250$, I use android & iphone + shanling ua5.

Any recommendations? 😆
IKKO OH1 is pretty good but OOP.

Cheapest OH10 I know of is at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004707936271.html Haven't heard it but highly recommended V tuning with good bass

TRI I3Pro and Tipsy TTROMSO are both bassy and organinc sounding. WARM!

TRI Meteor is good, more bass focussed than most 1+1 offerings around $100.

Tangzu Zetian Wu and Audiosense AQ4 have heavier bass but not quite basshead level. Both with mild V tuning, good transparency and non peaky, detailed highs. Very versatile tuning for both.

GS Audio GD3C is great sub-bass but more restrained mid-bass. Only problem being 5kHz peak which is a little aggressive. GD3D is more bass focused version but I haven't heard it, the graph just looks like slightly more treble roll off.

SuperTFZ Force1 is pretty good too. Very good sub-bass and good details, transparency, stage and imaging. Mid-bass is a bit more restrained but that leaves everything else very clean sounding. Stupidly large packaging and weird cable are only real faults. Again more versitile than most bass-head IEMs but still has enouugh to hit hard.

Some of these are under $100, but certainly worth a look! :L3000:

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #12,415 of 12,597

Cheapest OH10 I know of is at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004707936271.html Haven't heard it but highly recommended V tuning with good bass

Tangzu Zetian Wu and Audiosense AQ4 have heavier bass but not quite basshead level. Both with mild V tuning, good transparency and non peaky, detailed highs. Very versatile tuning for both.

GS Audio GD3C is great sub-bass but more restrained mid-bass. Only problem being 5kHz peak which is a little aggressive. GD3D is more bass focused version but I haven't heard it, the graph just looks like slightly more treble roll off.

SuperTFZ Force1 is pretty good too. Very good sub-bass and good details, transparency, stage and imaging. Mid-bass is a bit more restrained but that leaves everything else very clean sounding. Stupidly large packaging and weird cable are only real faults. Again more versitile than most bass-head IEMs but still has enouugh to hit hard.

For the Tri I3 & I3 Pro, I have it. The sound fits my taste perfectly

And for the Ikko OH10, in fact I've been interested in buying it for quite a while.
However, after I read the review here. I gave up my intention to buy it. The problem is in the treble.

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #12,416 of 12,597

Attachments

• 841A8FB1-D012-4EDF-9550-67584CA48BAC.png
    841A8FB1-D012-4EDF-9550-67584CA48BAC.png
    348.6 KB · Views: 0
Nov 21, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #12,417 of 12,597
Is this true?
This video has interesting sound comparisons between OH10 and other models. Similar tuning to CCA CRA, very different to the warmer tones of the TRI I3Pro! :thinking:

Interesting sound samples for comparisons, but Dan's conclusions I find to be less useful. Obsidian is OH10 BTW.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #12,418 of 12,597

Would skip the Tipsy Ttromso, not the best layered bass. It goes deep and hits quite good, the main problem is the quality of the IEM itself. Driver flex, mine has startled to rattle in the bass on the left unit, while the right unit has some vibrance issue in around 300hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back