Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jun 30, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #12,258 of 12,597
I've tried the CA Honeydew on the ibasso DX300 and Sony ZX300 single ended. Honeydew is so light and comfortable I forget they're there. I own Atlas, Vegas, and Lyra II among CA's DD iems along with Polaris 2 and OG Dorado among their hybrids.

Honeydew stands out on its own with a different flavor of sound with analog type warmth(more than Lyra II). Non-fatiguing and never harsh sounding yet an uncanny way of displaying depth. The stage really feels tall and wide(better than OG Dorado) with good centering on the vocals. This is a shuffle and chill(Polaris 2 had no chill) sound that can get through your whole collection. By the way, if you're looking for a more punchy agressive focused bassy sound, not so spread out like Honeydew, try the OG Dorado.

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #12,259 of 12,597
I've tried the CA Honeydew on the ibasso DX300 and Sony ZX300 single ended. Honeydew is so light and comfortable I forget they're there. I own Atlas, Vegas, and Lyra II among CA's DD iems along with Polaris 2 and OG Dorado among their hybrids.

Honeydew stands out on its own with a different flavor of sound with analog type warmth(more than Lyra II). Non-fatiguing and never harsh sounding yet an uncanny way of displaying depth. The stage really feels tall and wide(better than OG Dorado) with good centering on the vocals. This is a shuffle and chill(Polaris 2 had no chill) sound that can get through your whole collection. By the way, if you're looking for a more punchy agressive focused bassy sound, not so spread out like Honeydew, try the OG Dorado.
Hello,
Please try it with this songs,
can you feel the rumble and texture of the bass ?
and when applying even more bass EQ, is it getting distorted ?
thank you, 🙏

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #12,260 of 12,597
Holy Moly....Never heard 8d panning like that on YT before and I'm genuinely impressed. Honeydew handled both songs like a champ with no distortion on my LG K92 phone 3.5mm. Nice panning from left to right with sound way above my head as well

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #12,261 of 12,597

Thank you…
How is the bass ( specially subbass) on Honeydew?
I don’t have enough money for Dorado

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #12,262 of 12,597
Thank you…
How is the bass ( specially subbass) on Honeydew?
I don’t have enough money for Dorado
With CA DD Iems I use the stock foam tips exclusively since they fit me so well. This fit helps in satisfying my bass needs. I can feel the bass without it being fatiguing. Honeydew spews out fat mid bass lines that linger and give you that fullness.

Subbass plays into enhancing the headstage/soundstage. It can rumble down low where you feel it on different areas of the face, head, and neck. One of my favorites is when the bass can appear over my head and all around. That's what made me love the CA Vega when I paired it with the Sony ZX300. Honeydew with the ZX300(custom firmware now) is giving me those same bass vibes. Honeydew sounds more analogue and calm to me. I caution these impressions with the knowledge of how much the Vega appeared to change overtime. Honeydew may change as well but so far really satisfying with bass and overall signature.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #12,263 of 12,597
With CA DD Iems I use the stock foam tips exclusively since they fit me so well. This fit helps in satisfying my bass needs. I can feel the bass without it being fatiguing. Honeydew spews out fat mid bass lines that linger and give you that fullness.

Subbass plays into enhancing the headstage/soundstage. It can rumble down low where you feel it on different areas of the face, head, and neck. One of my favorites is when the bass can appear over my head and all around. That's what made me love the CA Vega when I paired it with the Sony ZX300. Honeydew with the ZX300(custom firmware now) is giving me those same bass vibes. Honeydew sounds more analogue and calm to me. I caution these impressions with the knowledge of how much the Vega appeared to change overtime. Honeydew may change as well but so far really satisfying with bass and overall signature.
Thank you so much 🙏🏼
so it’s a real basshead IEM?!
I have Hiby R6pro…

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #12,264 of 12,597
Thank you so much 🙏🏼
so it’s a real basshead IEM?!
I have Hiby R6pro…
No problem. When I think of how these basshead threads started out I'm not sure if it's real basshead iem. It wont give you a headache. Plus volume level plays a big part of the equation here. I like to keep my volume at medium to low levels while still feeling some type of balance. Sure I like the sound full but I have a limit when it comes to bass. Polaris 2 was too much bass for me. I just couldn't take it. It felt stuffy. I bet you the way it fit my ear contributed to my aversion of the Polaris 2. It may be a iem you might want to consider. Many seemed to like it.

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #12,265 of 12,597
No problem. When I think of how these basshead threads started out I'm not sure if it's real basshead iem. It wont give you a headache. Plus volume level plays a big part of the equation here. I like to keep my volume at medium to low levels while still feeling some type of balance. Sure I like the sound full but I have a limit when it comes to bass. Polaris 2 was too much bass for me. I just couldn't take it. It felt stuffy. I bet you the way it fit my ear contributed to my aversion of the Polaris 2. It may be a iem you might want to consider. Many seemed to like it.
Thank you so much…
By the graph it can be real basshead…
The bass is not soft and shallow?
I mean the bass can hit hard and solid?!

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #12,266 of 12,597
Thank you so much…
By the graph it can be real basshead…
The bass is not soft and shallow?
I mean the bass can hit hard and solid?!
Your preferences will determine whether Honeydew can hit hard enough. That takes actual time with the iem experimenting with sources and tips. Graphs haven't helped me much in that regard. In my experience, Honeydew will play the record adequately with a warm pleasing tilt. Meaning if its in the recording, Honeydew will bring it out but it cant perform miracles. It probably wont perform as the most resolving hard hitting bass monster. But I wouldn't expect it to as Campfire's budget dd iem.

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #12,267 of 12,597
Your preferences will determine whether Honeydew can hit hard enough. That takes actual time with the iem experimenting with sources and tips. Graphs haven't helped me much in that regard. In my experience, Honeydew will play the record adequately with a warm pleasing tilt. Meaning if its in the recording, Honeydew will bring it out but it cant perform miracles. It probably wont perform as the most resolving hard hitting bass monster. But I wouldn't expect it to as Campfire's budget dd iem.
Thanks a lot…
Last question
The bass is not that big like a graph?!

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #12,268 of 12,597
Graphs haven't helped me much in that regard. In my experience,
This has been my experience as well. Graphs can help me find candidates (for good/great bass ear buds) but in the end are just another data point. For me, with all of the opinions, options, info, etc, I have to hear them in person. It's a hassle and I'm usually disappointed but the good news is that there are more very good bass heavy options than ever. The more I have learned/experienced the 'pickier' I have gotten so there are few great bass ear buds. I haven't found anything to top my Legend X so I got a second pair.

For what it's worth I haven't tried the Honeydew, but I have several other CA buds (Atlas, Vega, Polaris ii), and bet they are a good bassy set that are a little above average.

Jul 3, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #12,269 of 12,597
This has been my experience as well. Graphs can help me find candidates (for good/great bass ear buds) but in the end are just another data point. For me, with all of the opinions, options, info, etc, I have to hear them in person. It's a hassle and I'm usually disappointed but the good news is that there are more very good bass heavy options than ever. The more I have learned/experienced the 'pickier' I have gotten so there are few great bass ear buds. I haven't found anything to top my Legend X so I got a second pair.

For what it's worth I haven't tried the Honeydew, but I have several other CA buds (Atlas, Vega, Polaris ii), and bet they are a good bassy set that are a little above average.
Just curious what dap/source and cable you use for the Legend X? Never heard an EE iem. Legend X will probably be my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back