Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 29, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #12,226 of 12,592
Hi everyone,
First time on this thread.
Looking for a basshead IEM.
Probably one in the kilobuck range and another sub-2K.
Would be grateful for recommendations!
Looking around the 2k mark, it has to be the Empire Ears LX.

May 30, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #12,227 of 12,592
Couple questions for the Sony Mdr EX800ST!
-Can it be driven by an LG V30?
-How is the isolation? Acceptable for the gym?
Thanks!

May 30, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #12,228 of 12,592
Looking around the 2k mark, it has to be the Empire Ears LX.
The LX is the closest thing I've heard to a club system. The bass is absolutely addicting. Definitely my favorite bass response in any headphone, full size or IEM.

I've got an LX SE coming soon. I wonder if the bass with be an improvement on the already excellent LX. And then there's the Odin...

May 30, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #12,229 of 12,592
The LX is the closest thing I've heard to a club system. The bass is absolutely addicting. Definitely my favorite bass response in any headphone, full size or IEM.

I've got an LX SE coming soon. I wonder if the bass with be an improvement on the already excellent LX. And then there's the Odin...
I haven’t heard the LX, but I doubt the Odin’s will power like the LX. Having said that the Odin’s bass is absolutely phenomenal in balancing power, richness and texture.

May 30, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #12,230 of 12,592
Thanks!
I'll grab my balanced to se adapter this evening and try driving it out of a samsung galaxy s7 maybe? if that can run it then surely the lg v30 will. I suspect it'll run but not to it's fullest potential. most of the way though Im sure

May 30, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #12,231 of 12,592
Thanks!
You wont get its full potential though and the isolation/leak is more like an earbud. Its not the best choice for gymming lol.

May 30, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #12,232 of 12,592
I'll grab my balanced to se adapter this evening and try driving it out of a samsung galaxy s7 maybe? if that can run it then surely the lg v30 will. I suspect it'll run but not to it's fullest potential. most of the way though Im sure
Yeah, as expected, not quite the same as with a more powerful source but for some music (like using youtube for music in the moment or some lofi) and for podcasts/youtube it's fine for me imo, but since im using a portable amp/dac, it's no more difficult to just carry that around anyways

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #12,234 of 12,592
Does anyone found tws for bass?
Everyone already knows this.

graph (23).png

:joy:

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #12,236 of 12,592
When I am out and about I love nothing more than a quality basshead IEM. Have been very happy with the CFA Atlas, so much so that a while back I sold it and then after being disappoitned elsewhere I ended up repurchasing. That said, is the Empire Ears Legend X a notable step up over the Atlas? Or are they are others I should be considering? Will be using a A&K SP1000M.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #12,237 of 12,592
When I am out and about I love nothing more than a quality basshead IEM. Have been very happy with the CFA Atlas, so much so that a while back I sold it and then after being disappoitned elsewhere I ended up repurchasing. That said, is the Empire Ears Legend X a notable step up over the Atlas? Or are they are others I should be considering? Will be using a A&K SP1000M.
Haven’t tried anything campfire (qc is questionable at best) or the legend x, but the bravado mk2 also from empire is F’KIN amazing in the sub bass department. Waiting for my xelento to come in. It’s the last hope i have for something beating the bravado.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #12,239 of 12,592
Haven’t tried anything campfire (qc is questionable at best) or the legend x, but the bravado mk2 also from empire is F’KIN amazing in the sub bass department. Waiting for my xelento to come in. It’s the last hope i have for something beating the bravado.
I think Xelento has killer subbass for real. Looking forward to your imps vs bravado mk2.

Jun 22, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #12,240 of 12,592
Mk1 or mk2?
Mk2. was going to grab the mk1 for comparison/backup, but someone grabbed it of the classifieds before i did. The price was way too good to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back