Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 10, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #12,211 of 12,592
Thank you so much 😊🙏🏼
np, but I do need to mention that I am still analyzing the OH10 myself as I recently got it. You might want to wait for me to review it (or at least give it an official rank).

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #12,212 of 12,592
np, but I do need to mention that I am still analyzing the OH10 myself as I recently got it. You might want to wait for me to review it (or at least give it an official rank).
I will wait...
I have one problem with oh10 and it’s 2pin connector, I don’t have 2pin cable and i wanna use my iem’s in balance with my R6 pro
FH3 have mmcx cable and i have sony(kimber kable)
This was one of my reasons to buy FH3!

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #12,213 of 12,592
I will wait...
I have one problem with oh10 and it’s 2pin connector, I don’t have 2pin cable and i wanna use my iem’s in balance with my R6 pro
FH3 have mmcx cable and i have sony(kimber kable)
This was one of my reasons to buy FH3!
You can get high quality cables for not that much money though.

Check my cable page in my database, Cable A1, A3 and A6 might be interesting for you.

Apr 11, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #12,215 of 12,592
Thanks 🙏🏼
The garph say fh3 have more sub-bass than z5!
db(decibel) is a relative measure, it's not an absolute scale. So what you hear is actually the perceive difference between different frequency. For example if you match both of them in 800hz you will see that fh3 has less sub-bass.
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 9.32.49 PM.png

Or you can also match them at 500hz, which shows a completely different picture from what you expect from raw db values.
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 9.33.21 PM.png

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #12,216 of 12,592
db(decibel) is a relative measure, it's not an absolute scale. So what you hear is actually the perceive difference between different frequency. For example if you match both of them in 800hz you will see that fh3 has less sub-bass.

Or you can also match them at 500hz, which shows a completely different picture from what you expect from raw db values.
Thanks 🙏🏼
You have both iem?

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #12,217 of 12,592
Thanks 🙏🏼
You have both iem?
No, I don't. I was just telling you why perceived sound signature can differ from what you see in graph. :slight_smile: All my iems are in my sig.

Apr 19, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #12,220 of 12,592
This is not a general recommendation currently, as it is still only available in CIEM form, but the UE6 is currently the top bass head IEM of all I own. It’s pretty remarkable, given the 6mm bass driver. The bass is quite fast, impactful, and detailed, but the sub bass rumble is euphoric. Just sooo low and slow.

May 3, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #12,221 of 12,592
There are lots of z5's around for sale in Japan it seems, not so many ex1000/ex800st's and the few around used are sometimes in pretty damaged condition... good enough for me

Still wondering now between the 1000 and 800, to people who have tried both, is the 1000 still capable of matching the bass of the 800 (tape + eq) using just eq? Lots of people seem to share the idea that the 1000's are the be all end all in this route, but if I get it and I have to tone down the treble and am unable to reach ex800st bass also then I'm not sure if it's worth the extra. Also, if the paint chips off, then the magnesium seems more vulnerable than plastic?

Oh last question also (I think lol) with regards to amping, the max power I'm gonna be able to give it will come from a btr5 or qudelix 5k, balanced, so is one iem or the other better suited for this lower power limit? Lower compared to what some of you seem to use at least

I've found listing for either one now but just stuck in analysis paralysis haha
I have the Sony ex800st/ex1000/Z5/XB90EX. With mine the ex800st (w/tape mod, EQ, dac/amp) hands down tops the other three (and most IEMs I have heard) for bass, quantity & quality.
My only other IEMs that can hang with them are the ASG 2.5 and EE Legend X. For overall sound the Legend X easily destroys the others.
Between the ex800st and ex1000 to me they both sound great and are still competitive with new IEMs. The ex1000 is cleaner/more detailed and can thump enough to be enjoyable. The ex800st is smoother and can thump enough to damage your ears. With my listening tastes I would grab the ex800st. Unfortunately for me, I hate the way they both are designed to fit so they rarely get used.

May 28, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #12,224 of 12,592
Has nobody heard the Ultrasone IQ here?
For me the best dynamic bass I've heard so far. And I've already had a lot of in ears, including many hybrids with DD Bass.
The IQ's bass is a mixture of BA (speed) and DD (musical fading away). The Micro BA driver also does a great job.
However, it is not that easy to get a quick seal. The standard tips are not recommended. The IQ has a thin nozzle. Triple Eartips from Etymotic or Shure (and other aftermarkets with a thin sound outlet) fit on it. The vote that Ultrasone carried out is simply brilliant!
With badly fitting tips, however, the IQ sounds thin and sizzling. But with Triflanges just high end. In my opinion, the IQ leaves other Bass IEM's N40, M4U4, SE846, N3, IE300 etc. behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back