Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 20, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #12,001 of 12,596
I'm actually considering the Advanced GT3 Superbass, they're currently on Drop for $150 - https://drop.com/buy/adv-gt3-superbass-iem

Have had a read around and they seem very good, especially at the lowered price. Only issue that seems to be spoken about is the treble, though this could be tweaked. Anyone heard of them before? Its a first for me.

Aug 20, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #12,003 of 12,596
Aug 21, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #12,006 of 12,596
Hello guys, my first time in audio forum. I am pretty new to basshead gear in general as i never had enough money myself (always had to relay on my parents and imaging getting headphones more expensive then 50 eur). So since I bought my first "better" headphones Superlux hd681 I was always in search of more Bass. Then I had the Qpad qh-90. Before I discovered forums like Head fi I got my first BASS Headphone, THe Sony XB950N1 these had rumblbling bass but it was to much boosted but everything else was just bad.So After many hours of searching and reading (Basshead headphones thread from Hawaiibadboy) and analysing what´s avalible in my country I got my hands on the Yamaha HPH 500 PRO for 150 eur. Those need a good bass boost as they are not bassy in stock. N
Now I am searching for an basshead IEM it is as hard and exhausting as searching for an Headphone.
Now I need your help. I mostly listen to Dubstep and Beatbox but also lots of indie (so a LOT of bass)
My first good IEM that I got were The Blon-03 but those just dont have enough BASS (didnt try aftermarket tips but if you say BLons do better then those below no problem :))
Which of these Headphones i am gonna list are the most bassy, basshead, textured,sub bass and so on. I dont need the perfect mids or highs or treble as long as the bass is slamming rumbling deeeeeeppp.Maybe Vocals would be also important to me.
So.
1. Ibasso It00 79 eur
2. Ikko OH 10 for 205 eur
3. Fiio FA7 for 250 eur New and 140 used
4. TFZ NO.3 sadly on with the Carbon for 130 in stock and all other for 100 shipped from china :frowning2:
5. RHA T10i for 170 eur new and 110 used
6. Advanced Sound GT3 from DROP for 150 USD IDK if they ship to europe never checked heh.
Also which Eartips would you recommend for medium ears
I am open for every suggestion and every help !

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #12,007 of 12,596
It's really hard to find IEMs that have huge quantities of bass without this negatively affecting the overall sound signature, including the timbre of vocals. If you pay big bucks you can get the Empire Ears Legend and be done with your quest. But that is a lot of money. Or buy a JH Audio Roxanne or 16 Pro v2 with bass that can be turned up or down via a control in the cable.

I actually think the Blon BL-03 has pretty impressive bass within a decent overall sound. Try large sized Comply foam tips for a good seal.
Another suggestion:

People have reported good bass results with the FiiO FH1S by putting paper tape over one of the bass vents.

The most impressive bass I have heard from an inexpensive IEM is the HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2, which seems no longer available. It is a single DD wooden IEM. Amazing bass output, with the rest of the frequencies not bad overall.

The RHA T10i has good bass but probably is not what you are seeking, in terms of slamming, rumbling. etc.
Advanced Sound GT3 has not gotten reviews that indicate it really is a basshead IEM.

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #12,008 of 12,596
1. Ibasso It00 79 eur - this has a lot of good clean bass, but doesn’t necessarily have more bass than the BL03, though it depends on the fit also.
2. Ikko OH 10 for 205 eur - defer
3. Fiio FA7 for 250 eur New and 140 used - this is an all-BA IEM. I definitely don’t recommend it as a basshead IEM.
4. TFZ NO.3 sadly on with the Carbon for 130 in stock and all other for 100 shipped from china :frowning2: - this has a lot of bass, and is a good bass head IEM, though I find the upper midrange a bit harsh sounding.
5. RHA T10i for 170 eur new and 110 used - defer
6. Advanced Sound GT3 from DROP for 150 USD IDK if they ship to europe never checked heh. - defer
Also which Eartips would you recommend for medium ears - if you want to enhance bass, Final Audio Type E tips tend to do a good job of this. Sony hybrid tips are very similar, and perhaps the generic copies of the Sony hybrids are too.

I’d also consider the Urbanfun YBF. It is currently my favorite bass head IEM, though the QC is a big risk. The Jade Audio EA1 is also one you should consider. While the stock bass tuning is not at bass head levels, if you place micropore tape over the center vent, it becomes a REALLY potent bass head IEM. I can’t vouch for long term durability though. I don’t personally get more driver flex or suction effects with the vent taped.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #12,009 of 12,596
People have reported good bass results with the FiiO FH1S by putting paper tape over one of the bass vents.

[/QUOTE]

I made a mistake: I meant the Fiio FD1, which is similar to (identical with?) the JadeAudio EA1.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #12,010 of 12,596
Okay thank you both. As for The Urbanfun YBF i considered them but as you said they have QC problems and altough I can order them from amazon, they are coming from china and it takes 2-3 weeks to get them. As to the Fiio does the new FH3 compete ? or is it like the other FH or FA not quite what I am looking for ? HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 Can`t get them anywhere. Fiio FD1 can order as for Jadeaudio EA1 only from CHina.

So between TFZ no.3 the FD1 with tape mod and Urbanfun (with the risks) what do you suggest !

What about JVC spiral dots ? Can´t get the sony hybrids. Comply foam tips vs Dekoni bulletz ?,
Thanks !

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #12,011 of 12,596
Aug 21, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #12,013 of 12,596
I was NOT under the impression that the JVC Ha-fdx1 is a basshead IEM. It really is billed as "balanced," much in accordance with the Harman curve. The wood version of the JVC iems are more bassy, but I still would not deem them basshead earphones.

I can't speak to the value or performance of the FD1 or TFZ. I have the Pioneers, bought them about five years ago when they came out. The price now is too high, in my opinion. They are very bass-heavy, though the strength is the lower-to-mid bass, not the sub bass. That makes a difference. They are fun for music that emphasizes bass. For music that does not, they are bad.

You might check out the YouTube videos put out by Bad Guy, Good Audio. I don't agree with his recommendations always, but he likes bass and does evaluate iem's in this light.

Aug 21, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #12,014 of 12,596
I was NOT under the impression that the JVC Ha-fdx1 is a basshead IEM. It really is billed as "balanced," much in accordance with the Harman curve. The wood version of the JVC iems are more bassy, but I still would not deem them basshead earphones.

I can't speak to the value or performance of the FD1 or TFZ. I have the Pioneers, bought them about five years ago when they came out. The price now is too high, in my opinion. They are very bass-heavy, though the strength is the lower-to-mid bass, not the sub bass. That makes a difference. They are fun for music that emphasizes bass. For music that does not, they are bad.

You might check out the YouTube videos put out by Bad Guy, Good Audio. I don't agree with his recommendations always, but he likes bass and does evaluate iem's in this light.
Basically by badguy urbanfun > blon > It00 but just saw The thor mjölnir iem but they are in drop rn. The problem is with the Urbanfuns I can only get them from china or the USA and with the QC issues IDK.
For my Blons which Foam tips and silicon would be best ?
Im will wait for more reviews of the Thors and when they will be avaliable and test the TFZ and FD1.
Just need the suggestion for ear tips and that it for today I guess. thanks guys

Aug 21, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #12,015 of 12,596
Okay thank you both. As for The Urbanfun YBF i considered them but as you said they have QC problems and altough I can order them from amazon, they are coming from china and it takes 2-3 weeks to get them. As to the Fiio does the new FH3 compete ? or is it like the other FH or FA not quite what I am looking for ? HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 Can`t get them anywhere. Fiio FD1 can order as for Jadeaudio EA1 only from CHina.

So between TFZ no.3 the FD1 with tape mod and Urbanfun (with the risks) what do you suggest !

What about JVC spiral dots ? Can´t get the sony hybrids. Comply foam tips vs Dekoni bulletz ?,
Thanks !
The Urbanfun is safe to get if Amazon happens to have it in stock, and it is “Fulfilled by Amazon”. Then returns are easy if it is defective.

FH3 has really good sounding potent bass, but not bass head levels.

I personally much prefer the FiiO FD1 to the TFZ No.3, but that is definitely not a universal sentiment.

The JVC FDX1 is most definitely NOT a bassy IEM.

JVC SpiralDots are well-liked wide-bore tips, but they don’t enhance the bass. I like a lot of SpinFits also. I use the CP145 on my UrbanFun and on the FD1. The TFZ No.3 comes with really good ear tips IMO, both narrow bore and wide bore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back