Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Nov 22, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #11,821 of 12,597
are GT3 Superbass still good??? they are on sale

uo54uZDc0GB4dDTtqvt3sBAOgY7O3Qgy7EKu3qP3NKSSL3-rqPfpZFFuESknlBMY6m8hqODcyX0wiLaHeGIWqFYRq1yIyc9N65sCIp4Vu7zbB5tdn2IGPvZr9pOoI91pmUpyBXrx2LkAot01ivMF5FWn6Ul4oHwp1dQ=s0-d-e1-ft

https://www.adv-sound.com/products/gt3-superbass?_pos=2&_sid=de13fe00a&_ss=r

Nov 22, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #11,822 of 12,597
are GT3 Superbass still good??? they are on sale

Oooh, where is this from? Are they running other codes? If they discount the Furai I might be tempted.

I love the Superbass, but they come with some real caveats:
  • Legitimately hard to drive
  • For bassheads, the "Superbass" label may be deceptive. They're not tuned to have a ton of bass (regardless of which filter you use). But the bass & esp. subbass is very good quality. It's fast bass, a little bit like planar bass. And you can EQ it up quite a bit for basshead preferences
  • Treble is kind of wonky and quite rolled off. Needs EQ here as well to sound normal
  • At $350 they're overpriced. But with a 70% discount, I say go for it
  • FWIW, one of my earpieces came apart at the seam. They replaced it with a new set, no complaints. One other person in the GT3 thread had the same experience. This failure mode is not uncommon for any earphones with glued construction AFAIK, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

Nov 24, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #11,823 of 12,597
Right so i got myself a sony wm1a to run my r1 zeniths and damn it is insane. I though my v30 was pumping good but that 4.4mm balanced output adds so much rumble i did not realised iems can go so low. As i listed to edm dnb and dubstep and other electronic genres it is exactly what i was looking for.

My IMR Rah should be shipped soon and that 15mm DD pancake is promising to say the least.
I also have shockwave III and their 10mm dd is respectable, in general they very detailed with a good soundstage and sq is well above their price. I just think they should be used for other kind of music.

And also my 2nd ever pair ie80s. Again, not for edm. Exelent soundstage and detail but bass is underwhelming compared to the above iems. At least anything. Below 125hz. I am genuinly surprised they got mentioned in this thread few times. Mid bass mayby?..

Anyways. After selling those. I need to refresh my wardrobe.
Anyone got any suggestions for IMR level bass/Sub bass? good wide soundstage too? Anywhere between £300-800 range?

Nov 26, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #11,824 of 12,597
Recently scored some Radius NHR 21s off ebay for a little over $40. These are great basshead IEMs that are easy to drive. Definitely worth the price I paid. I had tried them years ago when @talan7 sponsored a tour.

Nov 26, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #11,825 of 12,597
Recently scored some Radius NHR 21s off ebay for a little over $40. These are great basshead IEMs that are easy to drive. Definitely worth the price I paid. I had tried them years ago when @talan7 sponsored a tour.

Great deal. I bought from him R31 with an extra balanced cable for $70 and since then it's my daily driver . They are in Vapman's top list and I totally agree with his impression. I Don't quite like their mid bass focused impact and feel of hollow mids with a bit roll off highs but over all they are fun and can reach sub bass really low on call compare to my fx750. Still think wooduo2 and Fs G10 have better subbass but overall are darker than R31. That's how i listen to them on es100 with x2 balanced cable
Capture+_2019-11-26-16-40-18.png

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #11,826 of 12,597
Looking for IEM with flat cable, straight cable (wearing not over the ears), great bass and subbass (for extreme basshead).
The cable should be flat.

Also looking for a Bluetooth 5 DAC & AMP to pair it with.

The IEM must not be over the ears. Must come with a cable that have control/mic for Android or Iphone. Preferably should fully enter the ear so that I can use it while sleeping with a head on a pillow. Should have great, impactful bass and subbass that would shake my head, without sacrificing highs and mids.

The only idea I got so far is to get Sony XB90ex and order a custom cable (from Hakuzen)? This way I can get controls to work for Android/Iphone I hope, of course I won't be able to sleep with them, on the other hand I heard I can get a great bass and subbass.

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #11,827 of 12,597
So what's the best basshead iem out there, legend X, atlas....?

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #11,828 of 12,597

Should have the Legend x by years end with any hope and I’ve had the Atlas for a while so I’ll be able to do a proper comparison. The Atlas is surprisingly versatile and forgiving but it is literally a wall of bass with a huge sound when the music calls for it. From what I’ve read, the Legend can be more subdued with less mid bass than the atlas but much better technicalities and an even bigger sub bass presence. Less forgiving however due to its superior technicalities.

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #11,829 of 12,597

Too bad you missed the Audeze i4 black friday sale. The Lcd-i4 are real bass head iems.

And they also respond well to eq if you want to change that.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #11,830 of 12,597
Too bad you missed the Audeze i4 black friday sale. The Lcd-i4 are real bass head iems.

And they also respond well to eq if you want to change that.

Not really iems and it’s a bit unfair comparing them if you ask me... more like headphones with the huge (in comparisons to iems) 30mm driver sitting on the outside of your ear. But yeah, nevertheless I’ve heard they’re incredible, I had the isine 20 and they were very nice, just lacked detail retrieval

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #11,831 of 12,597
Not really iems and it’s a bit unfair comparing them if you ask me... more like headphones with the huge (in comparisons to iems) 30mm driver sitting on the outside of your ear. But yeah, nevertheless I’ve heard they’re incredible, I had the isine 20 and they were very nice, just lacked detail retrieval

Yeah, there is no hot treble slamming in details. Even in my higher tier Lcd i4.

The house V signature of imr Acoustics is known for bass too. That should have a slamming treble. (this is probably blasphemy in a Hawaiibadboy started thread)

My Shuoer EJ07 has great bass, but not basshead V signature level, and really good detail retrieval.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #11,832 of 12,597
Rght so i just recieved IMR Rah and they are so good to the point i am Altas. As mentioned above Altas are amazing though. Rah is just so versatile with bass and treble filters. Rah also is more subbass focused even with bassiest filter.

Atlas has that dynamic DD sound. While Rah has 15mm DD bass + all the goodies from planar.
Problem with Rah. There is only 200 made and they are praised to death not just for bass but massive sound stage an detair retrieval. so chance of getting one is slim.

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #11,833 of 12,597
Rght so i just recieved IMR Rah and they are so good to the point i am Altas. As mentioned above Altas are amazing though. Rah is just so versatile with bass and treble filters. Rah also is more subbass focused even with bassiest filter.

Atlas has that dynamic DD sound. While Rah has 15mm DD bass + all the goodies from planar.
Problem with Rah. There is only 200 made and they are praised to death not just for bass but massive sound stage an detair retrieval. so chance of getting one is slim.
No crossover so I have a very hard time believing the hype.... If they're really that good they'll make more, slightly different, so they can keep to their claim of the limited run. If not, they must hate money...

Anyway, the legend x is amazing, unlike anything I've heard in versatility. There are a lot of cheaper and larger sized DLC Atlas clones now so I'd say that should fall off the list now.

The bqeyz bq3 is wonderful for cheap (dual 10mm). With EQ it is sniffing the legend X in most ways IMO.

Cheap end the urbanfun isso14 is a lot of fun but limited by it's 10mm beryllium DD, it's actually basshead tuned. The Jade ea3 (fiio) is promising (13.6mm DD). The 12.6mm beryllium DUNU Titan 6 is worth a look as well as it's said to have better extension that the tfz no.3.

Overall, I'm not sure why only a few brands, IMR, DUNU and BQEYZ are really putting in crazy Sized DDs to their IEMs. Give me bass potential dammit!

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #11,834 of 12,597
No crossover so I have a very hard time believing the hype.... If they're really that good they'll make more, slightly different, so they can keep to their claim of the limited run. If not, they must hate money...

Anyway, the legend x is amazing, unlike anything I've heard in versatility. There are a lot of cheaper and larger sized DLC Atlas clones now so I'd say that should fall off the list now.

The bqeyz bq3 is wonderful for cheap (dual 10mm). With EQ it is sniffing the legend X in most ways IMO.

Cheap end the urbanfun isso14 is a lot of fun but limited by it's 10mm beryllium DD, it's actually basshead tuned. The Jade ea3 (fiio) is promising (13.6mm DD). The 12.6mm beryllium DUNU Titan 6 is worth a look as well as it's said to have better extension that the tfz no.3.

Overall, I'm not sure why only a few brands, IMR, DUNU and BQEYZ are really putting in crazy Sized DDs to their IEMs. Give me bass potential dammit!
IMR is a tiny company Run by Bob who designs his IEMs
Imr is botique maker. And Bob said he will only make limited runs now.
Hes got interesting iems coming like;
- Dual 15mm DD phased driver.
- 15mm DD+ dual electrostat + planar.

And so far i dont see a need of crossover.
Everyone was skeptic. But now after reviews people suddenly pilled up to request to make more. Which he wont. So he must be doing something right.

Not saying they are best of best. But they are definately are in like with like of Atlas with no sweat. And hes aiming for customizable sound. Filters, opening ports ect. Which i love. For money hes selling them it is a steal.

What atlas has is that dynamic sound of DD which BA cannot give.
Still i would really like to hear Legend x. Hearing good things about them.

You actually named few iems i havent heard of, will have a look.
And i am a believer of bigger is better when it comes to DD bass.
But i might be well wrong, just havent been proven so far.

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #11,835 of 12,597

Have you heard the Atlas out of curiosity? And can you explain a little about the Legend X's versatility that you've heard? I'm currently waiting for my and had to blind by (after doing a crap tonne of research). Always curious about impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back