Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 4, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #11,536 of 12,597
I'm trying to find _the_ basshead in-ears for me to use without an amp preferably.
After a year of usage I am still in love with my Sendiy M1221 which have different filters. You can have them sound very differently with three supplied filters. I'd say they are three in one. I prefer a bass filter in these IEMs as I am a 90% basshead. You don't need to have an amp to have their full potential.
I bought them here.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sen...-In-Ear-Hook-Earphone-Hybrid/32757009502.html

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #11,537 of 12,597
Did you check the lists on the first page? Although this thread is not as active as it once was that is where HBB included the top lists from several of the key contributors and would be a good place to start if you have not done so.

Cheers,
Tim
Yeah, I did, and it seems about all the ones I would pick are either a) bulky or stick out of ears b) discontinued, like Aurisonics Kicker c) above my budget d) doesn't isolate enough or e) not worth the buy because T20s' are better, like Future Sonics G10 (by reviewers and people here). Sorry, I should've written that in my first post. My head is just full of different iems names and their properties and reviews that it's really hard for me to even remember which one is which, let alone choose just one pair.

I am still in love with my Sendiy M1221 which have different filters. You can have them sound very different with different filters. I'd say they are three in one. I prefer bass filters as I am 90% basshead. You don't need to have an amp to have their full potential.
I bought them here.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sen...-In-Ear-Hook-Earphone-Hybrid/32757009502.html
Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely check them out.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #11,538 of 12,597
I think you'd have luck with the TFZ series 5 that's on the list. I WOULD have recommended the XB90Ex since they sold around 90-100 but markup is high now since they are discontinued.

Also check HBB's YouTube vids for recommendations in the Chifi realm as well as others that you probably have and haven't heard of...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw1An1OUp4XIv_h6si2etQ
love him, he helped recommend me ws1100is. shopping for headphones is pretty daunting. but i asked him about basshead iems and hes not current specifically on that. i dont know who to ask for one specifically. fortunately one of the bassheads linked me to this thread so hopefully i can get a response.

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #11,539 of 12,597
hi guys i am looking for a wide basshead iem or clip on for $100 or less. please rec'd me 3.

i really need the help, i got rec'd ws1100is by bad guy good audio; so helpful..

Mar 6, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #11,540 of 12,597
love him, he helped recommend me ws1100is. shopping for headphones is pretty daunting. but i asked him about basshead iems and hes not current specifically on that. i dont know who to ask for one specifically. fortunately one of the bassheads linked me to this thread so hopefully i can get a response.

He's the same guy who started the list of basshead IEMs on the first page of this thread. Good guy for sure. But the list hasn't been updated in a while. I always look for dynamic driver IEMs personally. I've heard people say the Shure SE215 does have a nice low end but I haven't heard them myself.

I have the BGVP DMGs that are pretty good for ~139, but I end up choosing my JVC fx850s over them most of the time. And my budget pair are the orivetic basic. Super comfortable single DD IEM w removable cables. Most people know the Primacy hybrid by Oriveti. Did you try the headphone list? Tons of IEM reviews and buying guides for sound signature

Mar 6, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #11,541 of 12,597
i am looking for a wide basshead iem or clip on for $100 or less.
I can recommend Senzer H1 which I've had for 3 months already. Very good bassy IEMs, without a removable cable, though. They can compete with my Sony XBA Z5. The price difference is 30 times.

Not removable cables but super bass for sure. And super budget at that.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-No/32952245193.html
I am expecting them myself. A lot of positive reviews in Russian forums.

Then you can try JBL T110. I am using them now. Very bassy. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JBL...rphone-In-line-Control-Hands/32961518982.html

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #11,542 of 12,597
He's the same guy who started the list of basshead IEMs on the first page of this thread. Good guy for sure. But the list hasn't been updated in a while. I always look for dynamic driver IEMs personally. I've heard people say the Shure SE215 does have a nice low end but I haven't heard them myself.

I have the BGVP DMGs that are pretty good for ~139, but I end up choosing my JVC fx850s over them most of the time. And my budget pair are the orivetic basic. Super comfortable single DD IEM w removable cables. Most people know the Primacy hybrid by Oriveti. Did you try the headphone list? Tons of IEM reviews and buying guides for sound signature
hey i ****ed up i should have said im looking for a IEM / clip on which is less than $100 and has wide soundstage and bassy; preferably detachable.

is the list the tags at the top of the page?

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #11,543 of 12,597
I can recommend Senzer H1 which I've had for 3 months already. Very good bassy IEMs, without a removable cable, though. They can compete with my Sony XBA Z5. The price difference is 30 times.

Not removable cables but super bass for sure. And super budget at that.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-No/32952245193.html
I am expecting them myself. A lot of positive reviews in Russian forums.

Then you can try JBL T110. I am using them now. Very bassy. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JBL...rphone-In-line-Control-Hands/32961518982.html
i appreciate the help but i am pretty picky with 1 star reviews on amazon, i prefer to buy 3% 1 star or less

most headphones dont qualify.

im gonna start going down the tagged headphones above, and hopefully theres a list of sub $100 headphones, or a user can help.

Mar 7, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #11,544 of 12,597
so i went through the whole list of tagged heaphones and the only one which i think is durable for sub »$100 is the alpha delta ad01. not sure whats the soundstage is like im reading reviews now.

i found the list on the first page sub $100 which i havent gone through and im not sure how current it is.

heres my list and all but one of these are not bassy, although my hd500s are not bassy but they still pump out alot of bass but i have a hell of a time bass boosting them, i can only do it on android and rockbox. i am looking for wide sounding bassy headphones for under $100:

ask about sony h500a, price is not on sale, just average.

fiio f9, fh1 (UNRELIABLE) - ask relative to other headphones
fiio f9 se - 50% off, and much cheaper than regular f9. cant figure out quality because theyve combined f9 se, with f9 and f9pro...fiio bad customer service

t3. t2 - ask, z reviews says t3 not a wide soundstage. you have to change the chord for t2. t3 bad guy loves, other youtubers say its an improvement, not enough reviews yet. 60% 5 star review for t2. its reliable i believe. t2 average price.
watch all of bad guys monthly videos.

as10, not the z one im sure - bad guy comments on that. very well rated %87 5 star review, and reliable, slightly discounted. all BA.

trn v80 - very reliable, no 1 or 2 star reviews; 73% 5 STAR reviews. average price.

kz zsn - look up reviews, its very well rated but cheap and average price of $20 roughly. it has 92% 5 star reviews.

alpha delta ad01 - bad cable, this is rec'd bass head headphone, the only one! average price. v shaped. bad guy says pull down 500 a little, and raise up 1k and 2k a little

cca c10 - lots of bass, warm, average price, no bad reviews but not alot of reviews. v shaped.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #11,545 of 12,597
i appreciate the help but i am pretty picky with 1 star reviews on amazon, i prefer to buy 3% 1 star or less
Which IEMs are you writing about?
I could not find any IEMs I was referring you to at amazon.
Who buys IEMs at amazon nowadays? I am sure if you ask amazon buyers what the tip rolling is they will just shrug their shoulders. And more than 70 % of SQ depends on the tips.
Another thing is that most of them listen to music using their cell phones which are very far away from music phones (like Vivo xPlay 6 or Neo, etc). I'm not talking about about the players with dedicated DAC etc. Thus, I would take into consideration the reviews on audiophile websites but not just the buyers' feedback at amazon, ebay etc.
IMO, if you want good bass you should not consider hybrids but dynamic driver IEMs instead.
Tastes differ though.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #11,546 of 12,597
trn v80 - very reliable, no 1 or 2 star reviews; 73% 5 STAR reviews.
Eardrum piercing/lots of sibilants unless you remove the nozzles.
Am expecting AS10.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #11,547 of 12,597
In case anyone cares, the Kanas Pro is a legit basshead IEM. It can seriously pump sub bass if you eq like that. Really an amazing IEM all around.

In comparison the DM6 isn't quite as deep but has a very satisfying rumble. I wouldn't say the best bass available but damn good and I would categorize as a good basshead IEM as well.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #11,548 of 12,597
Who buys IEMs at amazon nowadays? I am sure if you ask amazon buyers what the tip rolling is they will just shrug their shoulders. And more than 70 % of SQ depends on the tips.
Another thing is that most of them listen to music using their cell phones which are very far away from music phones (like Vivo xPlay 6 or Neo, etc). I'm not talking about about the players with dedicated DAC etc. Thus, I would take into consideration the reviews on audiophile websites but not just the buyers' feedback at amazon, ebay etc.
IMO, if you want good buss you should not consider hybrids but dynamic driver IEMs instead.
Tastes differ though.
thank you so much i didnt consider the sq bias.

one thing about amazon search results is if you search for a headphone on google (duckduckgo doesnt track you) and type in amazon after, you will get better amazon results than if you search on amazons website. also use camelizer add on to price compare because quite often sales are not really sales. i just bought a tablet and it was ``on sale`` but it was actually above average price.

im probably gonna get the alpha delta, thanks to you guys. just waiting to hear back from hawaiibadboy.

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #11,549 of 12,597
IMO, if you want good buss you should not consider hybrids but dynamic driver IEMs instead.
Tastes differ though.
Being judgemental isn't a good quality. I bought both my FH5's and DM6's on Amazon. I also bought Symbio tips for them both as, after tip rolling, (Yes I know what it means) i discovered I liked them best after using Comply, Inairs and lots of silicone varients. And I'm using a "Smartphone" but it's connected to a Q1ii DAC and amp feeding the phones through a 2.5mm balanced output. By the way, what's buss? Is it something unique to judgemental idiots who pay £1500 for over priced IEM'S and claim their £1000 swan feather wrapped, platinum cable makes a difference to sound quality??...

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #11,550 of 12,597
Tastes differ though.

Odd response that doesn't seem very helpful to op.

Believe it or not you *can* actually get good IEMs on Amazon (headphones too). Not just budget stuff but higher end as well. I may take reviews with a grain of salt but writing Amazon off as a retailer is, uh, very strange. Most people here are going to research before buying anyway and not take the word of 2 people on Amazon. Fiio makes good stuff, but that doesn't mean that any less than 4 star reviews on Amazon should = stay away from Fiio. I'd take Fiio quality and being able to return easily over buying from AliExpress any day as well.
I also listen to music on my phone and enjoy bass and my IEMs just as much as when I use my DAP...that doesn't mean I don't know what sounds good bass-wise.

Different strokes for different folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back