Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 28, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #11,566 of 12,591
That depends on the the size of your IEMs nozzle. For me spinfits are the best option. Measure the nozzle diameter and ask a seller with spinfits which spinfit you need.

I like Spinfits on certain earphones. They definitely help bass quantity and i find them particularly good with colder or more neutral sets to warm them up. A wider bore tends to get you better bass quality... more air.

Apr 28, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #11,567 of 12,591
A wider bore tends to get you better bass quality.
You know that's what I thought too but I got a different opinion from a respected head-fier and he wrote vice versa. For him to get a good bass is to have a narrower tip bore.
I'd like to have a kind of a polling in the thread header which brings more bass- narrower or wider bore of the tip.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #11,568 of 12,591
You know that's what I thought too but I got a different opinion from a respected head-fier and he wrote vice versa. For him to get a good bass is to have a narrower tip bore.
I'd like to have a kind of a polling in the thread header which brings more bass- narrower or wider bore of the tip.

I used to wear only narrower bore, mostly spinfits or small/medium sized Sony's or the more generics. It was mostly for fit but I'll be honest it did make bass... juicier. Then i think it was either the iBasso it01 or TFZ EZcclusive 5 that I couldn't get a good fit so choose the supplied wider bores and it changed my listening experience on nearly all of my sets that have a large enough nozzle to support them. i felt it narrowed teh soundstage width but increased depth and opened up the sound, like more airy. For me it was quite an obvious change on all the sets i choose to compare them both

Apr 28, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #11,569 of 12,591
My vote goes for a TFZ Tequila 1, at a cheaper price I recommend this: TD MMCX DIY

bMFZD9J.png

PAxEP2B.png

Measurements of my two models. Two authentic jewels for lovers of the bass and sub-bass
Wow those TFZ Tequila 1 have GRAPHENE drivers...are the mids and highs pretty clear on that? I am using a BA+DD hybrid IEM (KZ ZS10 Pro) as that seems to give a good mix of bass without compromising on treble, and mids seem fine too.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #11,570 of 12,591

AFAIK because of physics a narrower bore causes attenuation of higher frequencies, but perception of quality (aside from obvious subjective element) is going to be different on every earphone because how the change affects overall signature balance.

Apr 29, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #11,571 of 12,591
You want bass? Try the Acoustune HS1650. Plenty of bass to satisfy the most demanding bassheads!

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #11,573 of 12,591
Wow those TFZ Tequila 1 have GRAPHENE drivers...are the mids and highs pretty clear on that? I am using a BA+DD hybrid IEM (KZ ZS10 Pro) as that seems to give a good mix of bass without compromising on treble, and mids seem fine too.

The mids and the highs are sufficiently detailed in the Tequila1. The DD driver (double) does an excellent job. I use it with large silicone tips, with a superficial seal and you get excellent results.

May 3, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #11,574 of 12,591
I used to have an old account on here years ago, but I can’t remember it. But this thread led me to buying the Sony ex800st, and I did the tape mod. However I could never get a right fit with the ear buds. I bought the spin soft mediums, and it’s been nothing but a constant struggle. The sounds will get all distorted, as I think the ear tips are folding in. I just can’t get a good fit.

I then bought these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F4LEULU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I wanted the double flange ones, because someone recommended these for the Same headphones but the American version.

But they just came in today, and don’t fit :/

So before I waste anymore money, can you guys recommend me earpieces for the ex800st that are the right size? I didn’t like the spinsoft silicone ones.

Thanks

May 4, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #11,577 of 12,591
I like Spinfits on certain earphones. They definitely help bass quantity and i find them particularly good with colder or more neutral sets to warm them up. A wider bore tends to get you better bass quality... more air.
True, depending on the set.
The rigidness of the bore matters a lot, too, in my experience. The more rigid, the better the sound - not only for bass but the entire sound, everything is affected. Bass is a bit more affected than mids, treble, drtail, and soundstage. The flange is the part that dictates comfort more, it should be as soft as you'd prefer for yourself, but preferably, the bore should be quite rigid.

May 4, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #11,579 of 12,591
I have the Elecom Grand Bass iem which is very good, for an L shaped sound curve These are a new series, no reviews i could find. seems like the same push pull diagphram design that Audio-technica innovated years ago however and that were present in some of the Trinity Audio designs before Bob founded IMR Acoustics and went
to ceramic/pizzo hybrid designs. but big iem dynamic woofers can sound really good, eg. sony ex800 and ex1000 which are still top rated. this is far less
expensive and might be a good chance to take!!! i still like the decay and natural analogue like sound of the dynamic drivers. the Zero Audio Mezzo for example
is only 50 and not a big driver, 10mm i believe, but its tuned so well and has a bass port and carbon fiber construction and sounds just fantastic out of
streaming sources on a good smartphone. however, that and these will not have the detail that new hybrid dynamic/ba drivers have, the best of which
are the Oriolus MK2, which is fabulous, and HYLA iems, which are more expensive but making top ten lists and have a bass model available at Musicteck.com
that saidk the Elecom may be a great bang for the buck if youre not listening to high rez files...hope you get to hear it!! btw, the IMR Acoustics Zenith R1 and Z are bass monsters, and since new models are coming out may be some good used ones on the used market soon. they have the bass of the old aurisonics 2 series with a good source and with an amp will rock your world!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back