Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 8, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #11,116 of 12,591
Here again is someone mentioning the balanced cable, did you get one with the Masters because I sure didn't? I have big lugs and I find most of the Trinity IEM's are bass light but I recently got these enormous ear tips that seal my head off not just the IEM's and can they produce bass, oh yeah is the answer!! Tried them with some Fidue 73's bl**dy hell! My eyeballs were swivelling. And yes, I agree, the Master is a distant sound, the PM4 is good for bass but lacks a bit of detail, whereas the PM 6 is bass light but good soundstage, IMHO....

I didn't get one but read it was supposed to come with one so I emailed Trinity audio and told them I didn't receive my balanced cable. They shipped one out to me immediately with no hassle. They seemed to market the iem that it would have a balanced cable. Maybe at the last minute they changed their mind. Regardless, they don't sell the balanced adapter alone.

Sep 8, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #11,117 of 12,591
Anyone have any idea how the Titan 1/Ex1 with mod (11 of 12 holes covered) will compare to ex1000/800st/7550 with mods. I would expect the Sony to kill, but just curious about differences/similarities. Or S2 with 2 of 3 holes covered vs Sony's Top Dogs. Those Sony look dead gorgeous, and surprised by its ranking as #1:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #11,120 of 12,591
Hello does anyone here got these headphones it seems good atleast on paper but I haven't seen a single review for it here in head-fi.(wondering why nobody is bothering to reply??)

They are basshead. They slam. Get em and review em :wink:

Hi guys. Is the RHA T10 comparable to the Sony XB 90 in terms of bass?

I think 90ex is better with amp but T10 is better driven off a DAP or phone for bass. I like the overall sound of 90ex in either scenario though my opinion

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #11,121 of 12,591
Fender announced a new FXA11, with a 15+mm dynamic driver, absurdly priced, but almost as big as the old ASG 2.0 +2.5 driver.... maybe one of the collectors with 3 pairs of the ASGs can get one and let us know about the bass :p

Got into the exhibition last minute today and had a run with the FXA11 (like, after lining up for half an hour). Appearance-wise, the FXA11 is really attractive, with a matte black outer shell and dark blue semi-transparent inner casing. Interesting thing to note: unlike the FXA7 and others, it has a metal filter tube (not sure what that’s called) instead of the standard 3D printed plastic one.

Due to the amount of drivers in there, the FXA11 is indeed quite bulky and heavy on ears. Sound signature-wise however, FXA11 is quite different from FXA7. The high frequencies are much clearer and higher-mids also improved, which kind of removed the irritating higher-mods performance of the FXA7 I have. And needless to say, the bass of the FXA11 is a beast with its 15.2mm DD.

I sort of regret the fact that I bought my FXA7 after trying the FXA11, but then looking at the price tag, FXA7 does a really good job at its price and who am I kidding I can’t afford the FXA11 anyways

FXA11 will retail at HKD12800, approximately 1630USD. From what I heard from Letsgo Audio’s booth, first batch will be of limited quantities but they’re accepting preorders.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #11,123 of 12,591
Anybody here heared the Cardas A8?
The comparison to ASG-2.5 from this review seems quite interesting:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cardas-a8-ear-speaker.21540/reviews
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 – These are my current “king of the hill” IEM, and my daily driver for at home listening when I’m not using over-ears. The A8 share a few similarities with the overall sound signature of the 2.5s, with a heavy and extended bass presence and great musicality in the mid-range. The highs are more smoothed off and not as airy on the A8, with the 2.5s having a more sparkly “feel” and audible extension due to the dual-BA setup. Soundstage is also won by the 2.5 as a result, with the A8s getting just outside your head while the 2.5s sometimes feel like they are filling the whole room you are sitting in. Mids are more recessed on the A8s compared to the bass, whereas they are more forward on the 2.5. Both are excellent, but the A8 has a slightly more clean sound, with the 2.5 edging it for male and female vocals due to its more forward tuning, and the usual Aurisonics excellence in that tuning segment. I use the 2.5s with the bass port ¼ open, and on this setting, the A8 surprisingly has more bass “slam” and overall presence than the 2.5, with a slightly elevated sub-bass. Obviously if the ports are opened further, the 2.5 can outstrip the A8 (and probably any other IEM out there for sheer power and quantity), but the A8’s performance is still impressive nonetheless – both these IEMs could easily beat your brain into submission and take its lunch money without breaking a sweat. In terms of bass extension, the honours are pretty even – the A8 has slightly more sub-bass presence to my ears but doesn’t dig quite as far as the 2.5. The A8 is far easier to drive, reaching a much higher volume on the same output settings on both my phone and DX90.

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #11,124 of 12,591
currently owning the mdr ex800st but need some bluetooth in ear headphones for working out/running/convenience anyone know of some good basshead bluetooth buds ? price not a factor for now just looking at options.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #11,126 of 12,591
I like the idea of the Icarus III Y-cable and made me one for my Pioneers. Sounds really nice in balanced mode. Used some soft silver plated OCC cable and I think it's worth the effort.

20170925_135515.jpg

Oct 3, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #11,127 of 12,591
currently owning the mdr ex800st but need some bluetooth in ear headphones for working out/running/convenience anyone know of some good basshead bluetooth buds ? price not a factor for now just looking at options.

hey, i have some for working out/convenience - not sure about the running piece tbh. moxpad x90 - in the $20-30USD range-ish, pretty good, do bass & sub-bass using S7 Edge via Neutron well imo. at that price I have been thru 2 pairs over 2 years but happy to throw & open another pair. 6mm mid driver & 9mm bass driver

if you find another pair please give a heads up, a couple of people here have asked, I haven't heard of any others yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back