Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 9, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #10,921 of 12,592
Can't belive the kanen ip808 hasn't been mentioned, this iems main focus is sub bass <100hz no roll off till 20hz , the sub bass from this iem is amazing.
It's a fairly decent sounding iem overall, soundstage is slightly above average , treble is crisp and clear , vocals sound good , the sub bass does slightly overpower the lower mids and theres a dip in the frequency response in the higher mid range which means at times the mid-range can sound a bit thin.
Also it needs amping at 32ohms and lower sensitivity its harder to drive than most iems, a portable amp like the ibasso d10 does the job fine.
At the cost of £6 the kanen ip808 should be in every bassheads iem collection.

May 9, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #10,922 of 12,592
Are these the same earphones you use?

https://m.fasttech.com/products/1403/10028134/6156800-moxpad-x90-sports-bluetooth-v4-1-headset

For 14.20 these might be worth a try. I love low bass but as long as the bass is clean its all good.

I use an iPod Classic thats jailbroken with Rockbox. These work well without a headphone amp or any extra power? Ill just be using these for my iPod.

Also can I put some Sony Hybrid tips on these Moxpad X90s?

Thanks for the advice

EDIT.... These have no 3.5mm plug? Yea if these are bluetooth only i wont be able to use these with the ipod classic that I have... oh well maybe buy these for my phone

hey @trollin863, thats them yes. no 3.5mm plug, bluetooth only. I use them straight out of S7 Edge & they are good, for bluetooth. clean bass, good sub-bass which gets better using Neutron & volume. The Bass Mekanik can get my eyes bouncing & vibrating nicely.
yeah for the price they are a handy option, not perfect but for bluetooth & 4.1 i will buy another pair if i break them again. I havent found any tips that dont work yet so Sony Hybrids should be ok.
let me know how you go

May 10, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #10,923 of 12,592
I suppose I could use the Moxpad X90s on my iphone. However I dont have any mp3s or audio files on my phone. I really hate itunes havent used it in 6-7 years.

However, as Im sure a lot of you guys already know, Rockbox allows for simple dragging and dropping of your music collection. Saving time as its much simplier transfering files. Also can play any format I want such as lossless audio flac files directly on my ipod!

That being said I got the iphone with 128gb in hopes of putting some music from my library on it. Thought about jailbreaking my iphone as I did with my ipod but it seems thats just allows for little tweaks here and there. Wanna ultimately plug the iphone into my windows computer, have it come up as a removable disk like my ipod and then copy and paste folders....but I know its not that simple unfortunately.

For 15 bucks I might pick up the X90s anyway, in the hopes one day I develop the patience to deal with itunes.

To be used with my iPod I was thinking of a cheap chinese pair of iems under 35 bucks or so for exercising and outdoors. Then also a 2nd nicer pair of iems in the 50-100 dollar range. I dont like punchy bass all that much, its okay for the cheaper pair but for the more expensive pair of iems I would like something that can really hit the low notes.

Any suggestions?

May 11, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #10,926 of 12,592
for a pair in the 50 - 100 range, can rely on the lists on page 1 = Sony xb90ex, but require lots of power. got em love em.

there are others here way way way more qualified than me to give you a rec on iem's in this range, hopefully they let you know some

May 11, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #10,927 of 12,592
Right now im considering the Dubliz Enhanced from Fischer Audio. At 98 dollars thats about the most im trying to spend.

Theres so many iems both low and high end as you all well know to consider. I listen to rap well over 90% of the time if that helps. An iem with great low bass response is what I am seeking. Being able to go down to 30 hz or so would be great. Clean low bass is the misson :)

I figure for 100 bucks I should be able to find something decent. Maybe I should look into getting old school cans but Ive grown to like the feel of iems over the past 3-4 years. I know more about speakers/subwoofers so any advice on the right iem or headphone for me would be appreciated :)

May 11, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #10,929 of 12,592
Right now im considering the Dubliz Enhanced from Fischer Audio. At 98 dollars thats about the most im trying to spend.

Theres so many iems both low and high end as you all well know to consider. I listen to rap well over 90% of the time if that helps. An iem with great low bass response is what I am seeking. Being able to go down to 30 hz or so would be great. Clean low bass is the misson :)

I figure for 100 bucks I should be able to find something decent. Maybe I should look into getting old school cans but Ive grown to like the feel of iems over the past 3-4 years. I know more about speakers/subwoofers so any advice on the right iem or headphone for me would be appreciated :)

JVC HA FX1X
Radius NHR21R
Alpha & Delta AD01

All perfect for Hip Hop and close to your price range.

EDIT:

The AD01 were re-branded and discontinued for reasons that puzzled me....and now they are back on sale

http://www.lendmeurears.com/alpha-delta/

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #10,930 of 12,592
JVC HA FX1X
Radius NHR21R
Alpha & Delta AD01

All perfect for Hip Hop and close to your price range.

EDIT:

The AD01 were re-branded and discontinued for reasons that puzzled me....and now they are back on sale

http://www.lendmeurears.com/alpha-delta/

Thanks for the suggestions here and on the cans basshead thread. :)

Need to decide if I want an iem or full size. Leaning cans the more I think about it but iems are much more practical especially for outdoor use. Take my time look for the right deal etc...

May 11, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #10,931 of 12,592
0510171638_zpsrkmdw66j.jpg

Time to do some comparing

from left to right

TFZ series 5

Radius nhr-21

Rose Cappuccino

0412171741a_zpsuuqljnra.jpg

My babies are back!!!!

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #10,932 of 12,592
Hey @GaNi - i have found the Moxpad X90's are going pretty well for bass for me. Have good not excellent sub-bass & for $15US via gearbest recently, a value point you cant argue with. Note that I do have to push the volume pretty much flat out on my S7 Edge however using Neutron player with HBB settings gets a big smile while in the gym from me.
Listen to mainly metal, Trance, rap, etc. For the $$, cant go too wrong with giving them a try. I have had 2 pairs not work - probably due to gym work in summer in Australia - but keep buying them again at that price.

Hey!

I actually own them. The problems I face them are statics and shorter life. Due to the shorter battery life, the range cuts out pretty fast! But I use them as my backup pair. Otherwise with the poweramp EQ, I'm all set!

Do you also happen to use complyfoam? I don't know which fits them.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #10,933 of 12,592
Hey I do use complyfoams, they seems to work well for me, but that doesnt mean they will for all. they dont have a long battery life i agree but for $14 BT my expectations are not to high at this point, i just whack em on the charge after my phone for a bit & they keep going. mine are mainly used for in the gym, i get some interference but again my expectation at this point & price point is that they wont be perfect but the sub-bass puts a smile on my face = happy.

for the price point & sub-bass response, i cant find much competition at all. please let me know if anyone can or does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back