Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 10, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #10,771 of 12,597

Link. I forgot the other one :frowning2:

I think I gotta grab those adapters!

http://e4ua.jp/?p=909#

Contact Masao Kamikodai at this email

ifoifo@gmail.com or wordpress@e4ua.jp

Cost is 17290 yen ($155, yeah, steep). That includes 1000 yen for ex1000 plugs they have at hand.

I got the earhook style as I thought that would be better, but with the additional bulk, the earhook protrudes out too much and touches my head making wear a little tricky. My advice would be to get the non earhook version. It would got straight up but you could still wrap the cable around your ear pretty easily I would think.

Every response from Masao Kamikodai will be in Japanese so you will have to use translator, but he can read english.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #10,772 of 12,597
Did anyone pick up the ELECOM EHP-GB1000ABK to try yet ?  Looking at these Elecoms, or finally picking up the Ray Audio RA01s.

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #10,773 of 12,597
Did anyone pick up the ELECOM EHP-GB1000ABK to try yet ?  Looking at these Elecoms, or finally picking up the Ray Audio RA01s.

I think there are some non-basshead oriented impressions of the new grand bass models recently in The Discovery Thread if that helps.

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #10,774 of 12,597
I think there are some non-basshead oriented impressions of the new grand bass models recently in The Discovery Thread if that helps.

Thanks, I dug up a near-price Elecom with impressions on that thread, but that member mentioned the Grand Bass one briefly so I PM'd him.

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #10,775 of 12,597

http://e4ua.jp/?p=909#

Contact Masao Kamikodai at this email

ifoifo@gmail.com or wordpress@e4ua.jp

Cost is 17290 yen ($155, yeah, steep). That includes 1000 yen for ex1000 plugs they have at hand.

I got the earhook style as I thought that would be better, but with the additional bulk, the earhook protrudes out too much and touches my head making wear a little tricky. My advice would be to get the non earhook version. It would got straight up but you could still wrap the cable around your ear pretty easily I would think.

Every response from Masao Kamikodai will be in Japanese so you will have to use translator, but he can read english.

Thank you bro!
beerchug.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #10,777 of 12,597
I'm looking at the new Denon AH-C820 with its dual 11.5 mm drivers and 250 mw handling, the Sony ex800st, or the cardas A8 as my nexty. Has anyone heard the new denon or the cardas A8? The cardas get great reviews especially for its bass. The denon are too new. We already know what the Sony can do.

I had a chance to demo AH-C820 last week. What would you like to know?

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #10,779 of 12,597
I grabbed some of the KZ Star tips that are so popular. They fit fine on Sony style IEMs but somehow manage to make all the sub frequencies disappear. Slapped my good ol Spiral Dots or Sony hybrid tips back on and the bass came right back. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #10,781 of 12,597
I don't post often in this thread, because I've found what I was looking for. Or so I thought. I have some 64Audio U8's with the ADEL S10 modules. Reading in the 64Audio thread, someone mentioned the APEX M20's added bass. So I purchased some. I would say it's a 50% increase in bass with the APEX modules. Keep it in mind.:grinning:

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #10,782 of 12,597

At least 2 of us have. I think they are bassy not quite basshead unless pushed. With amping they start to punch but are softer on attack and impact with weaker sources. Good phones with a nice midrange and a good amount of treble to go with the bass. Stage and bass will bloom with good clean power.

Drbluenewmexico said..."If you want the GB1000 to really sing you need to give them LOTS of POWER, and then they do become a Grand Bass Monster! but we are talking using a RSA Emmeline SR71 amp out a Calyx M to give them thick textures and bass authority without midrange bleed and treble harshness. Then, they approach ASG 2.0 glory at 1/6 the price."

I've decided to put my pair up for sale since I am not going to use them much. Check my sig if anyone wants to try :)

@talan7 & @lelutas , care to share you findings with the rest of the class?? Heard some Denons and keeping it to yourselves
popcorn.gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #10,783 of 12,597
  At least 2 of us have. I think they are bassy not quite basshead unless pushed. With amping they start to punch but are softer on attack and impact with weaker sources. Good phones with a nice midrange and a good amount of treble to go with the bass. Stage and bass will bloom with good clean power.

Drbluenewmexico said..."If you want the GB1000 to really sing you need to give them LOTS of POWER, and then they do become a Grand Bass Monster! but we are talking using a RSA Emmeline SR71 amp out a Calyx M to give them thick textures and bass authority without midrange bleed and treble harshness. Then, they approach ASG 2.0 glory at 1/6 the price."

I've decided to put my pair up for sale since I am not going to use them much. Check my sig if anyone wants to try :)

@talan7 & @lelutas , care to share you findings with the rest of the class?? Heard some Denons and keeping it to yourselves
popcorn.gif

I borrowed the Denons from warrior1975. Neither he nor I were impressed by them. They had bass and played really loud but just din't sound refined to me. We couldn't put our finger on it, just wasn't impressed.

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #10,784 of 12,597

Sounds similar to how I'm feeling about the JVC 99x's so far good bass extension but kind of soft hitting, they can def take some EQ but I haven't done much yet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back