Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 25, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #10,066 of 12,592
  Funny story everyone; 

Today over my parents my mom showed me her new desktop stereo system, some cheap cd player with cheap speakers and a radio. She likes listening to her gospel radio stations and am talk radio. I asked her if she liked it and she said she's taking it back. I asked her why and she said, and I quote, "It doesn't have the BASS in it." I looked at my wife and laughed and said, my mom is a basshead! 70 something years old. I told her to take it back, I'd hook her up. Bass must be in my dna. Now to find a retro-ish desktop system with cd, cassette (my mom's old school), and radio, with good sound and of course, good bass.

Find a Technics system with the "SUPER BASS".... those are legit.

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #10,067 of 12,592
Hey everyone, I just finished reading through all 672 pages of this thread. That took a while!

My Vsonic GR07BE finally died on me after years of use. I was very unimpressed by the bass on that pair of headphones. I'm in the market for a new pair, and keep in mind I don't own an amp and only use iem's when I'm on the go so I don't plan on getting an amp. They will be powered off my IPhone 7. I listen mainly to rap and heavy metal (very different genres, I know; but both showcase bass very well). I'd like to spend less than $200 but if a pair is that much better I'll consider going higher. Looking through this thread I've zeroed in on the AD01, the futuresonics G10, TFZ 5s, musicmaker TO12, the Radius NHR 21, and Radius NHR 31. I'd prefer for them to be fairly durable but I always keep my headphones in a case so it's not a huge concern. Removable cables would be nice but not a deal breaker if the headphones don't have them.

Thanks to HBB for creating a bass head thread for IEM's. If I'd seen this the last time I bought headphones I wouldn't have been suckered into buying the GRO7BE - I need much more bass.

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #10,068 of 12,592
Hey everyone, I just finished reading through all 672 pages of this thread. That took a while!

My Vsonic GR07BE finally died on me after years of use. I was very unimpressed by the bass on that pair of headphones. I'm in the market for a new pair, and keep in mind I don't own an amp and only use iem's when I'm on the go so I don't plan on getting an amp. I listen mainly to rap and heavy metal (very different genres, I know; but both showcase bass very well). I'd like to spend less than $200 but if a pair is that much better I'll consider going higher. Looking through this thread I've zeroed in on the AD01, the futuresonics G10, TFZ 5s, musicmaker TO12, the Radius NHR 21, and Radius NHR 31. I'd prefer for them to be fairly durable but I always keep my headphones in a case so it's not a huge concern. Removable cables would be nice but not a deal breaker if the headphones don't have them.

You can go ahead and forget about the Musicmakers...

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #10,070 of 12,592

My Vsonic GR07BE finally died on me after years of use. I was very unimpressed by the bass on that pair of headphones. I'm in the market for a new pair, and keep in mind I don't own an amp and only use iem's when I'm on the go so I don't plan on getting an amp. They will be powered off my IPhone 7. I listen mainly to rap and heavy metal (very different genres, I know; but both showcase bass very well). I'd like to spend less than $200 but if a pair is that much better I'll consider going higher. Looking through this thread I've zeroed in on the AD01, the futuresonics G10, TFZ 5s, musicmaker TO12, the Radius NHR 21, and Radius NHR 31. I'd prefer for them to be fairly durable but I always keep my headphones in a case so it's not a huge concern. Removable cables would be nice but not a deal breaker if the headphones don't have them.

Thanks to HBB for creating a bass head thread for IEM's. If I'd seen this the last time I bought headphones I wouldn't have been suckered into buying the GRO7BE - I need much more bass.

haven't had a single one of those. Every single one of those is tauted to have lots of bass, would be nice to have them all and pick a favorite. For me best bass is pm4, they actally make master iem same pm4 but redesigned for like 70 British moneys it's epic though. Hb perhaps will review it, he likes ex800 sony which aren't that expensive either within your price 200 or slightly more

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #10,071 of 12,592
Just posted my SZ2000 and Cayin C5 in the classifieds, but want to give my basshead friends here the opportunity for a special bundle deal:

JVC HA-SZ2000
     Cayin C5 (champagne)

for a special basshead holiday deal of only $200.  Brainwavz HM5 pads in pleather (brown) and velour (gray) are all included in addition to the originals.  The velour and stock pads are barely used, like new.  The pleather have been my daily driver, but they're in great shape and I'll clean and disinfect everything before shipping (even though bass kills germs :wink:  ) The Cayin C5 has as much use/wear as you'd expect out of a portable.  You can PM me with questions or for pictures.  

I thought I'd keep these forever, but my girlfriend and I need to move to give our young son a better life (we're in a small desert town with no good paying jobs and we have college degrees), so I'm clearing out nearly all of my gear.  

I bought both of these a little over a year ago, so they're both still in pretty great shape and relatively new.

Happy holidays, hoping to spread a little basshead cheer here!

Thanks for reading and keep the bass work up!

Dec 27, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #10,072 of 12,592
Received the Denon today. Built nice. Not crazy about the fit. Unfortunately, I'm in the car on a way to a meeting with my business partner. Only took a quick listen out of my V20... Don't sound good out of it at all. Hopefully much better out of cowon.

Wondering if you got a chance to try Denon with Cowon  or other DAPs.  How are they? 

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #10,074 of 12,592
I haven't read this thread in entirety, but as a techno head, a frequenter of Berghain. I see no reason why Noble Audio Dulce Bass cannot tick all the boxes if you want bass, done remarkably well. They're incredibly good and even put systems to shame. In fact they're so good, I don't feel the need so much to go Berghain etc, unless I fancy getting laid. 

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #10,078 of 12,592
  I haven't read this thread in entirety, but as a techno head, a frequenter of Berghain. I see no reason why Noble Audio Dulce Bass cannot tick all the boxes if you want bass, done remarkably well. They're incredibly good and even put systems to shame. In fact they're so good, I don't feel the need so much to go Berghain etc, unless I fancy getting laid. 

FWIW these were my most disappointing purchase since I joined Head-Fi in 2005.  I'd strongly suggest auditioning these before buying since they have a 20% restocking fee.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #10,080 of 12,592
They have bass, they just sound very sloppy and unnatural, especially given their price.  I have no idea what Noble was trying to accomplish with these (except guarantee that no one would recommend them over the K10 perhaps).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back