Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 19, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #9,978 of 12,592
the TFZ 5 are nuts with sub-bass. If you like that region (me) then you will like em. That bass chamber idea was a good one. removable cables would be nice on future bass chamber having sets.

TFZ balance 2M has removable cable and sound quality is similar to 5S, doesn't it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope TFZ sends one unit of TFZ 2M to @Hawaiibadboy to review so he can try pairing with sony PHA3 in balanced mode. It has MMCX removable cable... It might challenge Sony 7550 tape modded IEM.  :)

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #9,979 of 12,592
Your opinion did seem to change very quickly on the kz thread vapman. Started off these are the real deal...now they are garbage lol.
I dont like a lot of mid bass...sub bass is more up my street

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #9,982 of 12,592
Get my 800s tomoz...

Cool!
You got one of the best things Sony ever released. Hip Hop...cover vent. Pink Floyd...un cover...or not.

#1 Slammage only IEM to ever give me ear damage

Meanwhile...Christmas pwnage
 You folks hear me moaning about companies that mail it in.

I don't mail it in. Not ever about anything and especially when it comes to money mine or other peoples.
Know anyone in Japan? Ask em if they do this. They don't...I checked.

Another cookie for me and another thought for you.
I take stuff too serious or you....don't take it serious enough?

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #9,983 of 12,592
Cool!
You got one of the best things Sony ever released. Hip Hop...cover vent. Pink Floyd...un cover...or not.

ive soent some coin watching your channel and following your opinion lol. Not sure what monster bass would feel like in an IEM. Tidal released 2 new cool playlists so will be fun testing

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #9,984 of 12,592
Your opinion did seem to change very quickly on the kz thread vapman. Started off these are the real deal...now they are garbage lol.
I dont like a lot of mid bass...sub bass is more up my street

I said they were a good value at 10 or less. Especially for the cable that is included which is useful on other IEMs. I never said any KZ model ever has any chance of standing up to a halfway decent IEM. Please note that whe. I said they were good in the KZ thread ages ago, that was a) not for bassheads (which basically everyone in the KZ thread is not) and b) not for people willing to spend more than like $20. There is one kz model, period, i have ever though even had a chance of being mentioned in here, and even those needed very extreme EQ and lots of power.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #9,985 of 12,592
ive soent some coin watching your channel and following your opinion lol. Not sure what monster bass would feel like in an IEM. Tidal released 2 new cool playlists so will be fun testing

This is an unlisted vid I did after damaging my ear comparing 800st to ASG 2.5
I really damaged my ear. The 2.5 were like a blow dryer on my eardrum...very cool very awesome. The 800 just blew 40-60Hz car audio notes until my ears almost bled. Dumbest thing i ever did in my time here. If something can out crank the 16mm 500mW max input thunder clappers it makes me question how that would be known to the user without hearing damage. I doubt it exists.

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #9,986 of 12,592
I said they were a good value at 10 or less. Especially for the cable that is included which is useful on other IEMs. I never said any KZ model ever has any chance of standing up to a halfway decent IEM. Please note that whe. I said they were good in the KZ thread ages ago, that was a) not for bassheads (which basically everyone in the KZ thread is not) and b) not for people willing to spend more than like $20. There is one kz model, period, i have ever though even had a chance of being mentioned in here, and even those needed very extreme EQ and lots of power.

OK...the following just didn't strike me as you thinking they were garbage tbh, like I said I dont want lots of mid bass just some decent sub bass and ones that sound decent when listening to anything from Bach, Pink Floyd, drum and bass etc on the go and dont have to worry about leaving them on the beach under a towel etc. Also I am not willing to spend more than $20 and the ZS3 costs $6. 
Quote:
  ZS3 once again has to set the standard of how good an IEM can be at such a low price. Get a non-KZ brand cable and you'll be super happy. I use a stock Aurisonics cable.
The fit is great, shape is comfortable, left/right is easy to tell apart, very balanced sound, really better than anything should be at $20. Scales with better amps and sources very nicely.
Will check back in with you guys once this has had about a week straight of burn-in time.

So you recommend the cables from KZ now too? 
confused.gif

Quote:
Sound is very close in tone to Aurisonics ASG 2,0 I think. ASG 2.0 is more refined detail.... ZS3 is not lacking at all in musicality or fun sound. It also can take a lot of power and, like with the Sony Ex800st and ASG 2.0, you can feel the air being pushed from an IEM in the sub bass. I am giving these as much power and the same EQ i use on those two IEMs. it is somewhere around 500mW, so the EQ is sub bass +32db with a pre-gain of -22db. On detail and refinement it will never match those IEMs, but on tone & overall sound signature it is very similar. The ASG 2.0 comparison is because it sounds very energetic with anything you listen to, regardless of the song's intensity. And the sub bass... it is excellent. definitely deserving of a review once more broken in.

An interesting note: it deals with clipping far more gracefully than most headphones in this class. The only others I really know can handle sub bass clipping like that and not make that horrible buzzing... all bassheads will know what i'm talking about.

Opinions change like the wind and you seem to think yours is gospel lol

Wrong thread for me im out. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #9,987 of 12,592

Cool!

Meanwhile...Christmas pwnage
 You folks hear me moaning about companies that mail it in.

I don't mail it in. Not ever about anything and especially when it comes to money mine or other peoples.
Know anyone in Japan? Ask em if they do this. They don't...I checked.

Another cookie for me and another thought for you.
I take stuff too serious or you....don't take it serious enough?

Merry Christmas ( メリークリスマス ) from your state-side family HBB!  I'd expect nothing less where you're concerned.  
biggrin.gif

I hope you have a "gagillion" kids enjoy your displays this year!

Merīkurisumasu!!!

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #9,988 of 12,592
Cheers for the vid link, I just dig your straight talking style, im the same when it concerns matters that I know as fact in whatever topic im versed in.

It may appear to some as harsh/brash whatever, facts are facts. Its clear and to the point.

A song, which no doubt your aware of with pretty epic bass, though not sure of its khz range is the game feat drake - 100. The bass in that songs absolutely pounds, I find the song pretty decent too. Check it out guys, within seconds that bass drops its like oh fu...

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #9,989 of 12,592
Quote:
Enjoying DJ Screw with ZS3 and Kenwood G608, aurisonics cable on the ZS3. Awesome sub bass. Awesome everything really.

About 50 hours burn in ,seems to be breaking in a big, gonna give it another full week of 24/7 burn in, although I love them just as much or more every time I use them.

I am happy with this and no other KZ at all. these rule in every way. They deserve a properly done review and I will do that soon.

The short story of it is that unless you hate feeling the sub-bass, there is no reason not get one. Removing them from your ears can be awkward because they possibly fit a little TOO well.

Does vapman suffer from split personality?

I will let people know my opinions on the Zs3 when they arrive...wont be basshead phones but Im hoping for decent sub bass and for $6 would make great gym headphones or ones to just chuck in a bag etc

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #9,990 of 12,592
If you're going to quote my old posts, at least give them the proper context. I was talking about the low bass being felt rather than heard. I've never once recommended them to any basshead with a budget above $20? :confused:

Edit: this is in response to zs3 comments. Ive still never heard a tfz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back