Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 24, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #9,556 of 12,592
same goes to me. 

Basshead doesnt mean only bass. We want mids and highs while the low end thumping!

If you want bass plus good mids and highs I recommend the radius NHR21. The mids are not light but are good and the treble is one of the smoothest I've heard for treble that extends. Also, if you're on the go with just the phone and don't have eq, the radius is the right choice. It doesn't need eq. Twiceboss has em now. I've never heard xb90. Twiceboss, have you compared them to xb90? Someone did, and said it had better mids and highs than xb90. I do have 7550. They are only good when you're pumping a lot of juice in them and eq'ing them (also the need to be taped). The radius is a smooth, bassy earphone. I've never heard one more fun, but they also have audiophile quality sound.

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #9,557 of 12,592
Then just to bring up a couple of points on 7550....are they v-shaped and is the tonality cool or cold ?
2 deal-breakers for me.
I like a natural or warmish tonality..
As much as I crave my quality textured and controlled bass, I need the mids neither forward or back and if the treble tapers off, so be it = longer listening sessions.

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #9,558 of 12,592
  Then just to bring up a couple of points on 7550....are they v-shaped and is the tonality cool or cold ?
2 deal-breakers for me.
I like a natural or warmish tonality..
As much as I crave my quality textured and controlled bass, I need the mids neither forward or back and if the treble tapers off, so be it = longer listening sessions.

7550 is rolled off and warm 1000 is identical aside from treble

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #9,559 of 12,592
I have and really love the XB90's paired with my Plenue D, the EQ is awesome let alone Mach 3 Bass is a blast.  Just got a pair of Sony MDR 7550's.  I know these require some power to get them to their full potential. Curious, anyone with these, have you performed a burn in on them, or just went straight out of the box. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #9,560 of 12,592
I have and really love the XB90's paired with my Plenue D, the EQ is awesome let alone Mach 3 Bass is a blast.  Just got a pair of Sony MDR 7550's.  I know these require some power to get them to their full potential. Curious, anyone with these, have you performed a burn in on them, or just went straight out of the box. 

Just play it out of the box. If you really believe in burn in, all you need is about 15-30 min of it. The real burn in is your brain :wink:

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #9,561 of 12,592
current bass set

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/r3Ej6_IPeho[/VIDEO]

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #9,562 of 12,592
Has anyone been involved with a tour where international shipping was involved? I'm trying to find out how smooth it went.

The radius tour is going strong but we have a head-fier in Ireland. Anyone ever ship from US to Ireland? What is the estimated cost? What is the most economical shipper?

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #9,563 of 12,592
Has anyone been involved with a tour where international shipping was involved? I'm trying to find out how smooth it went.

The radius tour is going strong but we have a head-fier in Ireland. Anyone ever ship from US to Ireland? What is the estimated cost? What is the most economical shipper?

USPS will be the cheapest to go over seas.
First class mail can be done but will not track reliably outside the USA.
In 2015 registered mail was only a couple dollars, it's been raised to $13.50.
You need to spend that $13.50 to get reliable end to end tracking.
It sucks but it's how it is.
No, Priority Mail International isn't registered by default, so stuffing it in a flat rate box and paying the Priority fee gets you slightly better tracking but still not end-to-end (found this out the hard way which is NOT a good way to find out!)

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #9,564 of 12,592
I pay about 10 euro under 250 grams to post to us but it's fully registered and insured up to 30 euro, in eu insurance is to 250 or 300 euro or something

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #9,566 of 12,592
Guys, quick update... Campfire Audio Vegas, although great iems, which do hit very hard for their tiny size (1 8.5mm DD). With eq I do consider them basshead levels. Less than my personal top 5 for impact, but definitely top ten.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #9,567 of 12,592

Just received an item just over IEM weight , $14 USPS international with signature. No tracking.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #9,568 of 12,592

I've been poisoned deeply for some reason by the looks of the Radius HP-NHR21. I'm flying over to a country next week and there are retailers stocking them, so I'm taking the plunge. Found a store that had a demo unit for me to try out as well, wish me luck.

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #9,569 of 12,592
I've been poisoned deeply for some reason by the looks of the Radius HP-NHR21. I'm flying over to a country next week and there are retailers stocking them, so I'm taking the plunge. Found a store that had a demo unit for me to try out as well, wish me luck.

The model I'm interested in is the nhr31. It looks like the NHR21 but with removable cable. The NHR21 is really good, about the only thing I wished it had was a removable cable. I plan on getting the nhr31 as soon as I see it available. I wish there was someone here who represented Radius. I'd love to talk to them.

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #9,570 of 12,592
The model I'm interested in is the nhr31. It looks like the NHR21 but with removable cable. The NHR21 is really good, about the only thing I wished it had was a removable cable. I plan on getting the nhr31 as soon as I see it available. I wish there was someone here who represented Radius. I'd love to talk to them.

why do you need removable cables? companies aren't interested in talking with customers, they just sell gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back