Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 8, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #9,301 of 12,597

The blessing and the curse..

Non- addicts of audio impulse buying who live or come here realize a lot of what's on here is hype. I live in Japan. I hear all this stuff. Why am I not buying it?

Cuz with a close listen with a track you know well it's easy to see the long winded reviews and boasts are nothing more than catnip for the gotta have a new toy click

That's all fine and stuff but I am a music lover not a gear jockey. NOBLE..
rolleyes.gif
did you listen to those? Did you see the reviews on here? That's #1 with a perfect 100% ranking?

C'mon son.....that's too obvious and not opinion. My EX IEM will play minutia details better than they or the JH will.

Living in Japan has actually saved me a ton of cash. I can hear things for myself.

Being able to try so much gear all at once really opened my eyes.  Like you said, it was a bitter sweet.  Amazing to be able to try all the high end ****, but come to realization it IS all hype after listening to them

Noble was the first ones i picked up......
wink.gif

wawaweewa I like, in Ireland even in hifi stores there is no iem demos

Only in Japan... 
smily_headphones1.gif
   I got to say its one of the best place to try before you buy.  Not just in audio gear, but in a lot of things.  I was in what would be their liquor and wine store getting drunk before I even bought anything because they wanted me to try before I buy 
evil_smiley.gif
  ******* AWESOME!!!!!

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #9,302 of 12,597

alright I'm giving away my flare iem being custom built I realise no one will buy it, it is excellent thought. tired of flat response may be just needs a proper dac amp duno, it's free so nice present if someone needs

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #9,303 of 12,597

alright I'm giving away my flare iem being custom built I realise no one will buy it, it is excellent thought. tired of flat response may be just needs a proper dac amp duno, it's free so nice present if someone needs

giving away? for free?

I VOLUNTEER!

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #9,304 of 12,597

They should push air. If they go for 5-700 I will buy a set. If they are priced like ear art then I won't
tongue.gif

$399 for the 10, but I can think of one retailer that sells their stuff 'tested/ex-demo' in USA....so less than that 'Minimum Retail Selling Price' again.

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #9,306 of 12,597
Hey @chillaxing bt range in reality is pretty good, can get about 6 or 7ish metres maintaining line of site which i find v impressive for the price. If yiu are exercising, the control is on the right and can pull that way or bounce annoyingly. only other thing i find is that if i lift something that squeezes the control against my neck or head then they can drop out.
Overall i can live with those couple of things given the price they are bt they do give awesome sub bass they do have phone controls which work well too
Let me know if you pull the trigger, very interested in a different opinion

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #9,307 of 12,597
As for trying iem's, try living in country New South Wales in Australia! barely have anywhere to try full size cans

Thank godness for the internet & everyone on basshead threads in particular, big thank you for HBB @ vapman

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #9,308 of 12,597
As for trying iem's, try living in country New South Wales in Australia! barely have anywhere to try full size cans

Thank godness for the internet & everyone on basshead threads in particular, big thank you for HBB @ vapman

There are two stores in NSW you can visit.

1. Minidisc in Chatswood
  2. Addicted to Audio in Newtown

I live very close to Minidisc but Pizza Hut is much closer and wins every time.

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #9,309 of 12,597
There are two stores in NSW you can visit.

• Minidisc in Chatswood
  • Addicted to Audio in Newtown

I live very close to Minidisc but Pizza Hut is much closer and wins every time.

Love it & understand it! I dont get to Sydney a lot but know about both. I have got some gear via Wing @minidisc. Only have JBHifi &Harvey Norman lol

These threads are awesome, just for making me aware of the community. X5 e12 2x Sony iems & v-moda m100's all due to peeps here
Mmmmmmmm....pizza

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #9,313 of 12,597
Hi, I think that I wrote you good PM, so in case that you didn't saw it, I am writing here that you have one like that :wink:

It's sincere message, and I don't want to write about all on public so that's why it's PM.

Thanks.

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #9,314 of 12,597
I would put the z5 first.

No, not yet. I still have to re hear my ex800st. But I seriously doubt Z5 will be my favorite Sony.

I would not put it in 1st 2nd or 3rd.

Z5 over the ex800?

That's my old Z5's. It's gone now....I still got the cable

Your Z5 lives on brother!!! It has definitely grown on me, a couple of upgraded cables afterwards. I really didn't like it when I first listened, almost put it up for sale.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #9,315 of 12,597
No, not yet. I still have to re hear my ex800st. But I seriously doubt Z5 will be my favorite Sony.
Your Z5 lives on brother!!! It has definitely grown on me, a couple of upgraded cables afterwards. I really didn't like it when I first listened, almost put it up for sale.

It has a very 3D immersive depth to it <<<<<forgive the stupid lingo..you know what I mean. And the super tweeter is sparkly.  I just preferred the other Sony.
My amp/dac and 1st and 2nd option IEM are Sony.

I hated the company because of the rootkit stuff and the proprietary files and cables and on and on and on. And they still got my cash.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back