Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 16, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #8,761 of 12,592
 The SW had a weird surround effect that altered my metal music too much, for my liking.

I read that before as well. Maybe they are messing with phase to create extra low-end on SW3. I never could decide on the Shockwave 3, due to the impressions being so varied and the QT5 was immediately returned as that was one wonkfest IEM tuning.

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #8,762 of 12,592
got fiio a1 and it sounds really nice, two bass boosts what iPhone should have had already the function we lost when we moved from CD players to ipods iphones, also gives more power to my dual iems i made

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #8,763 of 12,592
  I read that before as well. Maybe they are messing with phase to create extra low-end on SW3. I never could decide on the Shockwave 3, due to the impressions being so varied and the QT5 was immediately returned as that was one wonkfest IEM tuning.

There is a ton of overstated crap gear that either.... has huge unit to unit variables or is just plain old overstated crappola.

Nothing beats a personal listen. Takes all the variables right out the frickin way

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #8,767 of 12,592
Oooooh if the U8 is the universal fit one, this might be a great time to finally get a set! thanks for the hint!

Yep U8 is the universal version. Thinking about that one too.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #8,773 of 12,592
  So what happened in 1964? Just curious.

One of the best things that happened in history, I was born.  
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #8,774 of 12,592
I bought U8s a few weeks ago at full price. By far the most I've ever spent on IEMs and I'm very happy with the purchase. With an amp (Oppo HA-2) and some EQ, they are amazing. Even straight out of my iPhone, I think they're great.

H-u-g-e soundstage and bass that thumps (with EQing).

The only negative I've found is a small handful of songs that I can't play at high volume without some bass distortion. This might be related to the Adel technology. But it's probably saving me from making my tinnitus worse, so it's ok.

I do 95% of my listening while running. I sold my EX-1000s because I couldn't keep a good seal while pounding the pavement and my ASG 2.5s because I was underwhelmed. I'm keeping the U8s and haven't wanted to use anything else since I got 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back