Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 11, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #8,717 of 12,597
  there is also the Knowles ed-29689 which was in an iem i got recently.

Yep, and also the RAB series which I need to look into.
I think the DD needs to be chambered and isolated in a similar shape just like the original shells. Mixing a BA and those sizes would result in a universal cavern sized shell. I think diagonal angling towards the ear-hole is best and merge the lowpass 500Hz DD and full ranger BA at the nozzle/grill through 2 ports next to the ear avoiding muddying the 2 units together in the shell space.

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #8,719 of 12,597
Yep, and also the RAB series which I need to look into.
I think the DD needs to be chambered and isolated in a similar shape just like the original shells. Mixing a BA and those sizes would result in a universal cavern sized shell. I think diagonal angling towards the ear-hole is best and merge the lowpass 500Hz DD and full ranger BA at the nozzle/grill through 2 ports next to the ear avoiding muddying the 2 units together in the shell space.

Very cool, I think we are more or less on the same page. Whenever I get a busted set to recable, I will see if there's any room in the stock shell to stuff it in, doubttheres room for anything else in there though...

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #8,720 of 12,597
you need a circuit to distribute voltage evenly along the drivers or only what each needs, and some 3D printer, making iems isn't easy, plus a glue to make a driver seal on the iem otherwise not all bass would go forward and outside sound would leak in as if no iem at all. you need tools to make them

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #8,721 of 12,597
you need a circuit to distribute voltage evenly along the drivers or only what each needs, and some 3D printer, making iems isn't easy, plus a glue to make a driver seal on the iem otherwise not all bass would go forward and outside sound would leak in as if no iem at all. you need tools to make them

where is it for sale?

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #8,722 of 12,597

I would be paying someone to make my shell idea. Someone who has done multiple ones already. Have one guy's photo bookmarked that was pretty excellent. It was a CIEM.
Same with passive crossover whiz.

Going end-to-end yourself from square 1 with DIY IEM route is anything but cheap or fast.

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #8,723 of 12,597

I would be paying someone to make my shell idea. Someone who has done multiple ones already. Have one guy's photo bookmarked that was pretty excellent. It was a CIEM.

Going end-to-end yourself from square 1 with DIY IEM route is anything but cheap or fast.

Count me in too. :)

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #8,724 of 12,597

I was thinking, another good driver you can use is the one from Elecom.  Its a heavy hitter and its very cheap, $15-20 from amazon.

check out the list on the first page for the exact model number.

Unless you wanted to specifically use the sony driver.

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #8,725 of 12,597

Thanks I'll check it out.

I have several Sport-fi M6 I use for grass cutting.  If you want to know, the HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 without an amp will give you the effect you thought the xb90's were going to have.

I can feel the wooduo2 hitting so hard that the vibrations hit my eyeballs (literally) with no amp.  Just about all other IEMs Ive used, need an amp to get there. I also have Thinksound ts 01.1 (massdrop exclusive) which have good bass, but not close to the wooduo2, but wooduo 2 signature is veiled in comparison, probably due to the bass increase.

The bass is a little bit bloaty, but its not as bloaty as the m6 you have, they are fartcans (i believe in the past i stated it as a whoopee cushion bass sound with the m6) when the bass hits compared to the wooduo2.

To be clear: I have used quite a few, but none of them have yet exceeded $100. I currently draw my mark there on the iem price range. 

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #8,726 of 12,597
  I have several Sport-fi M6 I use for grass cutting.  If you want to know, the HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 without an amp will give you the effect you thought the xb90's were going to have.

I can feel the wooduo2 hitting so hard that the vibrations hit my eyeballs (literally) with no amp.  Just about all other IEMs Ive used, need an amp to get there. I also have Thinksound ts 01.1 (massdrop exclusive) which have good bass, but not close to the wooduo2, but wooduo 2 signature is veiled in comparison, probably due to the bass increase.

To be clear: I have used quite a few, but none of them have yet exceeded $100. I currently draw my mark there on the iem price range. 

Thanks for the info, the Wooduo's were the other IEM's I was considering and nearly bought and may get them next time.

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #8,728 of 12,597

ye might be good to buy something like that or ask someone who knows how to build iem shells like who has cnc machine or iem with similar dd just bigger space for bass, or stick bas outside of iem and route tubes into the noozle lol

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #8,730 of 12,597
This just arrived from Brandon PETEREK

Now I need to buy a Sony MDR-EX800ST to go with it :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back