Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 3, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #7,037 of 12,596
Finally got my hands on the Sony xb90ex and I love them, although I may not be driving them to their full potential (iPhone 5c + Brainwavz Ap001) they are great!
I have noticed, even with my short burn in period (12 Hours) the mids really show themselves.

May 3, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #7,039 of 12,596
Not sure if that is the same elecom I have, I think it might be, same driver size. Crazy amounts of bass amped, not sure about unamped. Have to check. Worth much more than the price I paid.

Using the Schiit Modi/Magni 2 stack. Haven't played with iphone 6 alone or Cayin C5 yet, but yea, for the price, you do get tons of bass and decent sound. Definitely top 10 basshead in it's price range. 

May 3, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #7,040 of 12,596
Try with the C5 bro. I actually thought the sound was great for the price. Eq a must, but with eq it isn't too bad. For me, it was just that damn fit. I think I placed it 4th or 5th on my top ten for impact.

May 3, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #7,041 of 12,596
EX800ST 7550. Schiit Magni with EQ sub bass up and treble down. Also Cayin C5 with bass boost and no EQ. Both transmit tons of power, and damnnnnn bass is so loud that it tickles and rumbles the ear canal no joke. I don't want to go any louder I think I'll go deaf... surprised I'm not already.

May 3, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #7,042 of 12,596
  I've been using my Elecom HH1000A a bit more lately, and I've come to the conclusion that they worthy of being discussed as a basshead IEM. I don't know where it'd rank with others, as I only have the VSonic GR07 Bass Edition to compare against, but it completely and utterly crushes the GR07 BE in both bass and overall sound quality.

I am gonna have to pick a set up. Elecom gear is everywhere here in Japan so it should be easy to grab

I might have to retract my statement about these blowing away the GR07 in both bass and overall clarity. I've been doing some more comparisons and I'm actually finding the GR07 to be holding its own in bass against the Elecom. I think a slight nod goes to the Elecom for sub-bass. I'm not sure, maybe it was my mood or the way the GR07 was sitting in my ear when I typed the above, but the differences I'm finding now is not as stark as before.

The Elecom definitely has a bigger sound stage and is more resolving in the highs, though. However, YMMV.

May 3, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #7,043 of 12,596

I might have to retract my statement about these blowing away the GR07 in both bass and overall clarity. I've been doing some more comparisons and I'm actually finding the GR07 to be holding its own in bass against the Elecom. I think a slight nod goes to the Elecom for sub-bass. I'm not sure, maybe it was my mood or the way the GR07 was sitting in my ear when I typed the above, but the differences I'm finding now is not as stark as before.

The Elecom definitely has a bigger sound stage and is more resolving in the highs, though. However, YMMV.

GR07 BE has good bass, but can't compare with the basshead list. Haven't heard the Elecom HH1000A, but I also found the Fidue A73 to sound very similar to the GR07 BE. Testing the Zero Audio Duoza, might also be comparable. I chose A73 over GR07 BE for better fit and comfort to my ears.

May 3, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #7,044 of 12,596
Vsonic was one of my first, at the time, what I'd call a "high end earphone". It was a nice step up from Apple or Sammy buds. Went from that to Heir Audio 8s. Huge difference. I did like the vsonic though,but far from basshead, I wouldn't even call it bassy really.

May 3, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #7,045 of 12,596

GR07 BE has good bass, but can't compare with the basshead list. Haven't heard the Elecom HH1000A, but I also found the Fidue A73 to sound very similar to the GR07 BE. Testing the Zero Audio Duoza, might also be comparable. I chose A73 over GR07 BE for better fit and comfort to my ears.

Vsonic was one of my first, at the time, what I'd call a "high end earphone". It was a nice step up from Apple or Sammy buds. Went from that to Heir Audio 8s. Huge difference. I did like the vsonic though,but far from basshead, I wouldn't even call it bassy really.

Yeah, I never considered the GR07 BE to be a basshead IEM, either. It was just when I was listening to the Elecom HH1000A that one time, I was kinda blown away by the bass, but now that I've taken a bit more time to listen to both, I think I overreacted. That said, I really do like the HH1000A and recommend it not just for bass enthusiasts.

Looking forward to getting my 7550!

May 3, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #7,046 of 12,596
GR07 BE was also one of my first "high end" iems, second to my Panasonic HJE900 when I first started. Before head-fi, my lost but loved Sennheiser earbuds from an iriver mp3 player combo was awesome... hoping the VE Monk Plus will fill that void when it comes. It's amazing how many more options have appeared so quickly. 

EX800ST 7550. You still get tons of bass straight from iphone 6 plus jack with no amp. This is only at 75% volume. Any more, the sound gets a little unclear, so not sure if it's a power issue or iphone DAC issue. Anyways, like everyone says, amping will make more clean bass, better mids, and smoother treble. Just saying it's still very enjoyable even for those without an amp yet.

May 3, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #7,048 of 12,596
I always thought IE80 were right up there? At least that's what I'd like to believe, I'm getting them in a few days.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Nice set, but the main list ranked for impact. They are on the unamped list- relative to the other stuff I've used  roughly about where I'd put them too.

Their focus is really on midbass- if you like that kind of bass sound/pressure, you'll be very happy I think, but if you like your lows and subs rumbling on equal footing most the other list items are where it's at.

May 3, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #7,049 of 12,596
also worth remembering that Sony IEM's in particular really benefit from a burn in period. Just blast music through them even when you're not listening to them for 12-24 hours (varies depending on model). They usually really open up after that.

@Hawaiibadboy hard to drive would be important info for people thinking of getting EX1000's

I rec the 7550/800st very strongly.
I used an iFi with the song below and that EQ and an amp that say it goes to 4000mW into 16ohm....mmmmkay
rolleyes.gif
. Lets lop 50% off the top and say it was sending 2000mW pushing half a pot of power into a 16 ohm set steady.  All the bass tests with the SZ and countless gear I have done and I lost my hearing/loud ringing for te 1st time with those. I was pretty pissed. That is hearing damage level and I still could hear the whole song going on.

Stay away from the EX1000 unless you love to **** with amps and EQ. It is a specialty set. The 7550 will go far enough to cause temporary hearing loss and the mids are still great, Tape that vent and sub bass will baptize your basshead spirit.

May 3, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #7,050 of 12,596

I rec the 7550/800st very strongly.
I used an iFi with the song below and that EQ and an amp that say it goes to 4000mW into 16ohm....mmmmkay
rolleyes.gif
. Lets lop 50% off the top and say it was sending 2000mW pushing half a pot of power into a 16 ohm set steady.  All the bass tests with the SZ and countless gear I have done and I lost my hearing/loud ringing for te 1st time with those. I was pretty pissed. That is hearing damage level and I still could hear the whole song going on.

Stay away from the EX1000 unless you love to **** with amps and EQ. It is a specialty set. The 7550 will go far enough to cause temporary hearing loss and the mids are still great, Tape that vent and sub bass will baptize your basshead spirit.

You're actually damaging your hearing permanently eveyr minute, it's not really temporary hearing loss man.
If you still want to continue to listen to all the music you love, and all the gear you have, I wouldn't recommend doing that.  You'll regret it sooner than you thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back