Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 1, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #6,916 of 12,596
Thanks for this I'm gonna apply this eq to my tk12's
smily_headphones1.gif

This makes the 16mm Sony Z5 BLOAT
frown.gif
Most sets.... this eq will bloat. The bass is way too late and messes with the mids.

Duncan actually gave me a great idea and that is to nest an eq video under all the sets. I no longer own the 2.5 but I believe I still have a max bass/clarity video so I can use that and make vids for all the other IEM. So the eq for the ex1000 may work for it and the 800st/7550 only. Bass eq with less lifting in the later bass will likely be better for all other IEM.

BTW:
Whatever you do....use Neutron.

May 1, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #6,917 of 12,596
Hawaiibadboy- I'm not being lazy brother. Waiting on my Sony Nudes to arrive!! :wink: Received my Ref 1 Too yesterday as well. So, putting them through their paces as well. I'm hoping I receive the Sony by the end of this week. If not, I'm going to move forward with my top 5,and setups of each.

May 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #6,918 of 12,596
@Hawaiibadboy- I'm not being lazy brother. Waiting on my Sony Nudes to arrive!!
wink.gif
Received my Ref 1 Too yesterday as well. So, putting them through their paces as well. I'm hoping I receive the Sony by the end of this week. If not, I'm going to move forward with my top 5,and setups of each.

beerchug.gif

Thank you bro.

Your list is important. Others lists are important.
Other points of view make the validity of all the lists more valid by the acceptance of alternate views. The winner is the public.

May 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #6,919 of 12,596
Absolutely bro. I was waiting on my Ref 1 Too and the nudes to round off the list for me. I want to make sure it's done right. I don't have the experience nor access to the number of IEMS you do unfortunately. So my top 5 would be less thorough.

I'm going to share my eq settings, setup, and a few songs that I normally use to test new toys.

Definitely going to plagiarize your Nudes eq settings for Neutron. :wink:

May 1, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #6,920 of 12,596
Absolutely bro. I was waiting on my Ref 1 Too and the nudes to round off the list for me. I want to make sure it's done right. I don't have the experience nor access to the number of IEMS you do unfortunately. So my top 5 would be less thorough.

I'm going to share my eq settings, setup, and a few songs that I normally use to test new toys.

Definitely going to plagiarize your Nudes eq settings for Neutron.
wink.gif

Plagiarize the tips too. No seal no bass.
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #6,922 of 12,596
This list is problematic for a typical European consumer. The Sony and JVC models are exclusive to the Japanese market and the Aurisonics brand no longer exists. Can anyone recommend earphones with a strong bass response which are readily available for purchase by major online stores globally?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

May 1, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #6,927 of 12,596
paspro How about remail services in Japan? I've never done it... But others here have.[/quote]

It is a complicated, time consuming and expensive process because one has to go to a special post office to receive the item and pay import tax which can easily double the price. I am sure there must be US/European earphones with a global distribution that can do the job!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back