Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 30, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #6,886 of 12,592
I am gonna have to pick a set up. Elecom gear is everywhere here in Japan so it should be easy to grab

FWIW, I'm using similar tips to the Shure olives. I haven't tried rolling too many but these seem to give me the best seal. The nozzles are on the larger side, so keep that in mind when fitting tips.

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #6,887 of 12,592
Anyone tried the Tunz Trio XB?
http://www.trytunz.com/musicians.html

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 30, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #6,888 of 12,592
Anyone tried the Tunz Trio XB?
http://www.trytunz.com/musicians.html

Tunz Trio XB

product_pic4.gif

Get an extra boost of bass with Tunz Trio XB stage monitors. Recommended for drummers and bass players, they envelope you in a full range of sound, and help you feel every good vibration.
Driver: Triple drivers - woofer, tweeter and sub woofer with extreme bass boost
Sound Isolation: 26 dB
Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 14,400 Hz
Sensitivity: 121dB @ 1 mW
Impedance (1 kHz): 15 Ohms
60-day trial / 1-year warranty

Totally intrigued.

Have you heard them?

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #6,889 of 12,592
Comes in a pretty big Pelican case most likely because of the screwdriver size.  It has a tiny little hex-head bit that fits all of the screws.

Clear red faceplates.  They normally leave the AS logo blank but I asked for it to be filled in with black, except for the right side dot in the S so that I can tell which is the right side at a glance.

Clear black/gray bodies.  Initials and a dot next to one of the dials (explained later) in blue on the left and red on the right.

A more straight-on view of the dials and nozzles.

More detail on the dials.  The one with the colored dot next to it is the bass dial.  The other is the ambient port for relieving "stuffy head" feeling.

Here you can see where the ports go out to the left.  The screws block the ports and as you unscrew them it unblocks the ports.

View of the ports.

Faceplate close-up.

AS-2.5

I haven't messed with the ambient port much but the bass dial is 
basshead.gif
  One full turn (I made a mark on the screwdriver with a Sharpie to be able to tell) cranked the bass way up so I gave it another full turn thinking it wouldn't do anything...like I said, 
basshead.gif
  I'll look to do a review against the ASG-2.5 but I don't expect it to be too much different.  The main issue for me with the ASG is the nozzle size which is too big for my ear canals and hurts after a while.  These things slip in perfectly and create a seal like they're earplugs.  I don't have to turn or twist them to go in either; very easy.  Fender NEEDS to get back into the custom game (officially) and they also NEED to resurrect the ASG in some form.

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #6,890 of 12,592

Comes in a pretty big Pelican case most likely because of the screwdriver size.  It has a tiny little hex-head bit that fits all of the screws.

Clear red faceplates.  They normally leave the AS logo blank but I asked for it to be filled in with black, except for the right side dot in the S so that I can tell which is the right side at a glance.

Clear black/gray bodies.  Initials and a dot next to one of the dials (explained later) in blue on the left and red on the right.

A more straight-on view of the dials and nozzles.

More detail on the dials.  The one with the colored dot next to it is the bass dial.  The other is the ambient port for relieving "stuffy head" feeling.

Here you can see where the ports go out to the left.  The screws block the ports and as you unscrew them it unblocks the ports.

View of the ports.

Faceplate close-up.

AS-2.5

basshead.gif
  One full turn (I made a mark on the screwdriver with a Sharpie to be able to tell) cranked the bass way up so I gave it another full turn thinking it wouldn't do anything...like I said, 
basshead.gif
  I'll look to do a review against the ASG-2.5 but I don't expect it to be too much different.  The main issue for me with the ASG is the nozzle size which is too big for my ear canals and hurts after a while.  These things slip in perfectly and create a seal like they're earplugs.  I don't have to turn or twist them to go in either; very easy.  Fender NEEDS to get back into the custom game (officially) and they also NEED to resurrect the ASG in some form.

God daaaaayum those are beautiful!!

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #6,891 of 12,592

basshead.gif
  One full turn (I made a mark on the screwdriver with a Sharpie to be able to tell) cranked the bass way up so I gave it another full turn thinking it wouldn't do anything..

Guess it's different than the universals? I don't remember the dial turning freely.

Apr 30, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #6,892 of 12,592

basshead.gif
  One full turn (I made a mark on the screwdriver with a Sharpie to be able to tell) cranked the bass way up so I gave it another full turn thinking it wouldn't do anything..

Guess it's different than the universals? I don't remember the dial turning freely.

The universals only have a bass dial, and it's an actual dial.  These are just screws.  I'm not going to test it but it looks like I can unscrew both completely and take them out.

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #6,893 of 12,592

Tunz Trio XB

product_pic4.gif

Get an extra boost of bass with Tunz Trio XB stage monitors. Recommended for drummers and bass players, they envelope you in a full range of sound, and help you feel every good vibration.
Driver: Triple drivers - [COLOR=B22222]woofer[/COLOR], tweeter [COLOR=B22222]and sub woofer with extreme bass boost[/COLOR]

Sound Isolation: 26 dB

Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 14,400 Hz

Sensitivity: 121dB @ 1 mW

Impedance (1 kHz): 15 Ohms

60-day trial / 1-year warranty

Totally intrigued.

Have you heard them?

No, I was just searching for CIEMs that have wax guards and stumbled across this line. As you see this looks post-worthwhile based on description alone :basshead:

Fender NEEDS to get back into the custom game (officially) and they also NEED to resurrect the ASG in some form.

How does the new Fender line fare for you guys? :tongue_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 30, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #6,894 of 12,592
@Joe Bloggs to be honest I don't think the Fender FXA line is doing anything special that other companies aren't, and the Fender line is probably more expensive.  I felt the same way about the Bravo series from AS.  Nice IEMs but they lost what set them apart with the ASG.  I'd be interested to hear the FXA line but probably wouldn't be compelled to buy any of them.

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #6,898 of 12,592
You made an account just to ask that? List gets updated monthly and I highly doubt a random, budget Chinese product would stay on there for longer than that timeframe.

I see no reason why my first post couldn't be asking this. I saw no post asking this, so I decided to ask it as I was interested on them and maybe other users or not yet registered users may have my same doubt.  It is a forum, right? 
Being chinese or low priced means nothing. It must be for a reason that they were positioned as one of the top 5 IEM bassheads and if suddenly they disappear from the list I got intrigued of what were the findings.
Anyway, your 44 posts in 5 months doesn't make you the MOD around here and if you are planning to welcome every a new user with rude and trolling comments I guess that for the benefit of the Head-Fi community you should keep it to yourself.... take a deep breath and chill, my friend.

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #6,899 of 12,592
I see no reason why my first post couldn't be asking this. I saw no post asking this, so I decided to ask it as I was interested on them and maybe other users or not yet registered users may have my same doubt.  It is a forum, right? 

Being chinese or low priced means nothing. It must be for a reason that they were positioned as one of the top 5 IEM bassheads and if suddenly they disappear from the list I got intrigued of what were the findings.
Anyway, your 44 posts in 5 months doesn't make you the MOD around here and if you are planning to welcome every a new user with rude and trolling comments I guess that for the benefit of the Head-Fi community you should keep it to yourself.... take a deep breath and chill, my friend.
elecom iems have a very muddy sound.There is no way they are top of the iem game or even in the top 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back