Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 13, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #6,138 of 12,592
I asked because is vocals and guitar especially electric are your thing the JVC are stupid cray cray with electric guitar.
Best over ear playback of electric guitar was on a set of Grado (don't remember which)...these JVC remind me of those but IEM.

The ex1000 with sure seal tips are my go to for everything.
The sad thing for the JVC is that the same delivery of them included the tips the 1000 always needed. The ex1000 never sounded better.
The JVC were killing my battery last night so I keep them cuz they are sexy the cord is awesome and guitar is just awesome. I have not played with eq with the JVC set yet. Stage and treble clarity are not ex1000 level but neither are K10U and they cost how much?

So if a Rock and roll junkie stumbles in here rec the JVC.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #6,139 of 12,592
Good to know, ironically I'm listening to to Stevie Nicks live Rhiannon and the electric guitar is rocking as I type this. Th900 though. Probably a little different.

My Ref 1 Too will be ready to ship this week!!! Dying...

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #6,141 of 12,592
Are we talking the cleaner sounding early rock n roll guitars, or later distorted guitars?

I am rocking the ex1000 with large sure seals and acoustic sounds better and the ex are special

Last night with JVC

If i had to take one it would be the ex1000 now that they fit. The JVC are a personal choice for unique sound and design/quality.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #6,142 of 12,592
That's a good range of guitar sounds. First one has acoustic as well as a Fender style single pickup lead. The 2nd has the opposite end of the scale with humbucker (2 pickups strapped together, thicker tone but not as bright or glassy as single) on a Les Paul.

Most of my collection will have more heavily distorted sounds, ranging from Slash (in GnR) to System of a down and beyond. Usually with more recessed mids (scooped or V shaped sound depending on who you talk to).

Sorry, I'm as much of a guitar nut as I am with music, computers, and audio equipment.

I'm still dreaming of the EX1000, just curious as to what else is out there.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #6,143 of 12,592
That's a good range of guitar sounds. First one has acoustic as well as a Fender style single pickup lead. The 2nd has the opposite end of the scale with humbucker (2 pickups strapped together, thicker tone but not as bright or glassy as single) on a Les Paul.

Most of my collection will have more heavily distorted sounds, ranging from Slash (in GnR) to System of a down and beyond. Usually with more recessed mids (scooped or V shaped sound depending on who you talk to).

Sorry, I'm as much of a guitar nut as I am with music, computers, and audio equipment.

I'm still dreaming of the EX1000, just curious as to what else is out there.

The EX just sent the JVC out on it's shield with this track.

I will still keep the JVC but the EX own it even at it's (JVC's) best point

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #6,145 of 12,592
@Hawaiibadboy brah you making this hard to choose. I'm gonna get one of those JVC's, if you know which one has the better bass.

Sorry Hawaiian
biggrin.gif

I have not heard the 850 aside from a brief demo. the 1100 has big bass. It is the AD01 but more powerful and bigger stage. They have a unique timber<<<hate that kinda lingo but the resonance from guitars and drums and stuff is unique and appealing.

I think besides the cable and extra tips it's the same design but i don't know about the bass of the 850 though folks have said in the past it is powerful.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #6,148 of 12,592

The EX just sent the JVC out on it's shield with this track.

I will still keep the JVC but the EX own it even at it's (JVC's) best point

Ok, getting closer.  Just to give you an idea of the kinds of frequency ranges and tones (guitar wise) I'm going to be hearing, without giving you an extensive tour of my collection, I've picked out a few clips.  Don't worry, they are all queued up so you won't have to listen for too long to get the idea. (obviously the sound I'll be hearing is much richer than Youtube can convey)

(Anyone offended by the mention of the KKK in that last track, probably didn't hear the question posed immediately before: "Please Sir, tell me why there's no black Superman?" Don't worry, they are on your side.  Unless of course you are a massive racist, in which case that's more of a you problem than a me problem.)

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #6,149 of 12,592
****!!!!!!!!! just spent 30 min writing my impression of the ex1000, but with one wrong push of a key, gone.....

heres a quick version of it.  Might just put up a video review since these deserve it.

These are great all arounders 

Bass is smooth, tight, detailed, digs deeeep.

Mids are good with very little bleed from the bass.  There is still some, but thats the nature of iems and headphones in general.

treble is a little hot and peaky around 8k at times.  I have to cut around that area.   so if you have some bad recordings and listen to it loudly these things will punish you.  so you better know how to eq.

Stage is wide, coming from car and home audio, i love a wide stage.  I thought the 2.5 were good, these are better.

Great detail and imaging

fit isn't the greatest, they are comfortable and won't irritate the outer part of the canal, but the ear guides aren't the greatest and you need to really tip role.

conclusion, these aren't the best for pounding, but if your looking for set that does great vocals, clarity,  and have the most refined bass with impact,  then these are for you. 

until another set is found, these will sit at the top of the refined list.

A true Audiophile set for us bassheads.  Great bass with great clarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back