Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 5, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #4,156 of 12,592
Hawaii so with all your approval I should go ahead with7550,800st as one of the top dogs , with ass and clarity, they say the 1000has to be equed,to much sibilance, the 7550,800st are perfect and will stand up to anything in the 1500 dollar range

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #4,158 of 12,592
I have the xba a3, and I tell you, after a few months of burn in, if I had only one it would be these, they take everything, and the point we're they distort is not at listening levels, my triple fis 10. Are nice, but I would never compare them , they were only a stepping stone into this world of audiophile and quality bass in abundance, I will continue improving quality and sound on a budget, I love this the same goes for dacs and amps, but honestly with my x5 which I got because of you and xduoox3, my cowon plenue d it's amazing we just discovered some special setting that take this player to another level, we can manually eq it, it's awsome, now I love my note phone, and my 8 inch note tablet and 10 inch note tablet with almost any amp sounds awesome, I wish the note phone would have had the wolfson the note tablets have a lot of people don't know that, and the amp also, I use my andes from fiio or anything , the 8 inch is very portable, so I'm gonna hold of on any dap until I can afford so thing nice ,maybe I can get an ak junior or dx50, dx80,dx90,just to have another small with touch screen, but with my notes, it's really just collecting

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #4,159 of 12,592
@warrior1975 ,  they're not much.  I haven't really gotten a chance to play with the Convolver settings, not really sure what they do, and the EQ is off.  

Basic settings 
-Dynamic System enabled
   -Listening Device - Unknown Type III
   -Dynamic bass - 35%

-ViPER Bass Enabled
     -Bass mode - Natural
     -Frequency - 30Hz
     -Bass Boost - 15.6db

ViPER Clarity Enabled
     -Clarity Mode - XHiFi
     -Clarity - Default

Analog X Enabled
     -Strength - Moderate

That's it.  

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #4,160 of 12,592
Hawaii so with all your approval I should go ahead with7550,800st as one of the top dogs , with ass and clarity, they say the 1000has to be equed,to much sibilance, the 7550,800st are perfect and will stand up to anything in the 1500 dollar range

The k3003  is a $1000 IEM.

The default bass and mid transition of the 7550 is actually superior to the 3003 in audiophile terms.

The weakness of the ex1000 is the treble spike near the very range where simbilance occurs...around 8Khz. (ex1000 not pictured). The 7550 and ASG 2.5 have a similar treble rolloff and I eq both in the same manner.
 Neither the 2.5 or a vented or covered 7550 have much if any simbilance.
The bass if taped and amped and eq'd is awesome.

You gotta have an amp and an eq. It is denial of ventilation to the driver and use of an very high input rating of 500mW  and 16mm that makes the 7550 special.

They will absolutely thunder....or play fine detail depending on how you use them. I love them and they are my main IEM.

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #4,161 of 12,592
Thank you, I've seem all your videos and I know you know what your talking about , I know once in a while you hit people over the head with a pineapple but your a stand up guy and I like that about you, I would trust you with my money.maybe not too much,lol

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #4,162 of 12,592
I love my xb90, xba a3, my triplefi.10 are just there, for jazz, classical, instruments, but for house, sony can't be beat, I hope the flc8si ordered won't b we a disappointment, not many people wanna give me any info, and the area were they were is dead no one is a live in that are I just need a simple, get them from any of you top dogs, I hope you understand that gut scared feeling of throwing 350 away

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #4,163 of 12,592
On a scale of one to awesome how good are the Sony xb90, I have the h3 which is ok but the bass is pretty muddy and vocals too recessed plus it's an ergonomic nightmare for walking around. Want something cheaper and more disposable with plenty of good deep bass rumble and also a good soundstage which the H3s do quite well. Was looking to "downgrade" to something more daily driver status for out and about like the XB90 or Beats Tour 2

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #4,164 of 12,592
Xb90ex are unbelievable. I've had plenty of TOTL IEMS, these are the best and most bass... I absolutely love these things.

ZMan2k2- Thanks bro, I'm running a very similar setup. No convolver settings either. I use unknown type III as well, sounds best to my ears.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #4,165 of 12,592
Xb90ex are unbelievable. I've had plenty of TOTL IEMS, these are the best and most bass... I absolutely love these things.

ZMan2k2- Thanks bro, I'm running a very similar setup. No convolver settings either. I use unknown type III as well, sounds best to my ears.

Just opened up Amazon box and am listening to the XB90EXs for the first time. I am pretty sure these are going to be keepers. You really need to try a convolver with V4A. Some of them are crap, but I really like the BBE series.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #4,167 of 12,592
Looks like I'm sold on the xb90s they look quite potent. How's the comfort?
great sound and I use complys which for me gives me a great seal and easy to put in my ears.

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #4,168 of 12,592

Hey, do you know of an app that boosts the HP out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back