Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 11, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #3,468 of 12,592
Hi all,

Got my EX800ST few weeks ago and cover the vent holes with transparent stickers,

Then I discovered if I use it around 30 mins or longer that stickers will have some moisture.

Is that normal?any side effects ?

EX800ST Covered vent holes give more powerful bass,both quantity and quality.Like XB90EX upgrade version.

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #3,470 of 12,592
  Hi all,

Got my EX800ST few weeks ago and cover the vent holes with transparent stickers,

Then I discovered if I use it around 30 mins or longer that stickers will have some moisture.

Is that normal?any side effects ?

EX800ST Covered vent holes give more powerful bass,both quantity and quality.Like XB90EX upgrade version.

I use black tape so I never noticed.
I also consider the ex800st a direct upgrade with hooks for stability, wider stage more detailed highs and a double the power input...more than double allows it to go nuts on bass.

I love the xb90ex and own 2 pair but the direct lineage/bloodline is the ex800st. A slightly stronger brother from the Sony clan

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #3,473 of 12,592
I run a Project Sunrise III as my main amplifier at work.

Love Garage1217.

Like some, I also prefer the clear acrylic with a silver knob. I tuned my LED to match tube orange glow and it looks badass.

My amp looks like this:

My watch looks like this:

I think I'm onto something...

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #3,475 of 12,592
I actually was stereo preamp shopping when I bought mine. Got to G1217's site and was like "hey these might be pretty good head amps!" and yup, they're really screw** good head amps too.
So in my picture, the big metal contraption you see it on is a Yamaha M4 for 120 watts of power to blast 4x speakers and a sub.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #3,476 of 12,592
So much bass punch and depth from the 2.5 that my ear drums feels like tyson punched them.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #3,478 of 12,592
Been slowly adding more headphones the past couple years. Bass is always a need when it comes to sound, but this is my first unit that's considered "basshead". So I've had the Alpha & Delta AD01 for almost 3 months now. Without sacrificing treble and too much mid, you get clear sound with lots of bass. Even though it doesn't need to be amped, I paired it with a gen 3 iPod touch and Fiio Q1 for the bass boost. I found that the amp made the earphones a little brighter. Right now at work, I use it directly into my Nexus 6P. Great clean sound with deep bass. Not sure how to quantify the bass impact, but it's good enough for me. The cable is quite thin (compared to the Shure SE215), but very sturdy. These things traveled to the other side of the world with me. I bought the silver brushed metal earphones, and they look awesome. It's a modular design, but you wont have to worry about the earphones disconnecting from the cable.

Unfortunately, one of the earphones' sound doesn't match the other. During the holiday, I was using the earphones and heard a slight pop. Now when I compare the two earphones with one ear, the one that "popped" sounds a little muffled. The bass is still there, but the sound isn't as clear. This could just be my unit. Currently emailing customer service about my situation.

I'd recommend it to any one who has a sub $150 budget without an amp.

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #3,479 of 12,592
Been slowly adding more headphones the past couple years. Bass is always a need when it comes to sound, but this is my first unit that's considered "basshead". So I've had the Alpha & Delta AD01 for almost 3 months now. Without sacrificing treble and too much mid, you get clear sound with lots of bass. Even though it doesn't need to be amped, I paired it with a gen 3 iPod touch and Fiio Q1 for the bass boost. I found that the amp made the earphones a little brighter. Right now at work, I use it directly into my Nexus 6P. Great clean sound with deep bass. Not sure how to quantify the bass impact, but it's good enough for me. The cable is quite thin (compared to the Shure SE215), but very sturdy. These things traveled to the other side of the world with me. I bought the silver brushed metal earphones, and they look awesome. It's a modular design, but you wont have to worry about the earphones disconnecting from the cable.

Unfortunately, one of the earphones' sound doesn't match the other. During the holiday, I was using the earphones and heard a slight pop. Now when I compare the two earphones with one ear, the one that "popped" sounds a little muffled. The bass is still there, but the sound isn't as clear. This could just be my unit. Currently emailing customer service about my situation.

I'd recommend it to any one who has a sub $150 budget without an amp.

1. Check out the upgraded cable they offer. It might help with the brightness from the amped setup.

2. Not sure where you bought them but I had an issue and contacted LMUE through Amazon and got a reply the next day. They shipped out a replacement driver right away but the shipping takes a few weeks from Singapore (as did the shipping on the upgraded cable).

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #3,480 of 12,592
1. Check out the upgraded cable they offer. It might help with the brightness from the amped setup.

2. Not sure where you bought them but I had an issue and contacted LMUE through Amazon and got a reply the next day. They shipped out a replacement driver right away but the shipping takes a few weeks from Singapore (as did the shipping on the upgraded cable).

I'll consider the upgraded cable, thanks.

I bought it from their site. They were quick to reply as well, but they suggested to clean any dirt in the unit. I barely had any and cleaned any that was there. I'll see what they reply with next.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back