Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 7, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #3,032 of 12,592
Trying Spinfits right now, not liking them. They're fine if I stay completely still but any time I move my jaw it causes pressure changes due to the seal and gives that "stuffy head" feeling. Back to Comply for now.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #3,033 of 12,592

Comply

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #3,034 of 12,592
I have Comply on every IEM i own
beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #3,036 of 12,592
I didn't know there were other brands!

Silicone is usually good for comfort and sound but easily falls out. Silicone puts a lot less pressure than foams on your inside ear though so sometimes people who aren't used to IEMs might feel uncomfortable going straight to foams like Complys. every time i stopped using IEMs for a long time and then started again I had to use silicone tips for a couple weeks before i could handle the complys. then i start thinking they're nice and comfy :)

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #3,038 of 12,592
So my name is Yuletide and... I a newly minted basshead

Hey everyone and thanks to @ANDEROAN for ruining all music for me that isn't run through a ZO

I must say I love the sound on these, especially for IEM's the bass is just incredible, but for pure amazingness my favorite is HD-25 II Aluminum's through the ZO. So much punch with delicious sub-bass trails that just leave you gasping for the next kick. My evenings have devolved into me lying in bed drooling at the sound. 

So far the XB90's have solid bass with tons of sub, but it isn't quite as satisfying, feels more boomy and less controlled. The ZO helps tighten them up a bit without being overwhelming.

#addicted

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #3,040 of 12,592
  So my name is Yuletide and... I a newly minted basshead

Hey everyone and thanks to @ANDEROAN for ruining all music for me that isn't run through a ZO

I must say I love the sound on these, especially for IEM's the bass is just incredible, but for pure amazingness my favorite is HD-25 II Aluminum's through the ZO. So much punch with delicious sub-bass trails that just leave you gasping for the next kick. My evenings have devolved into me lying in bed drooling at the sound. 

So far the XB90's have solid bass with tons of sub, but it isn't quite as satisfying, feels more boomy and less controlled. The ZO helps tighten them up a bit without being overwhelming.

#addicted

7 year member with 32 posts.
Your a normal person
tongue.gif

The xb90ex are ******* awesome. Made me fall in love with 70's rock all over again. The AD01 started that but the stage on the xb90 is huge and the detail can be pretty awesome.
 Good purchase
beerchug.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #3,041 of 12,592

Looking forward to your impressions. On the Sony side I started with the MDR-EX600, an amazing headphone, and I moved on to the MDR-7550 for its studio balance. The 7550 is incredible. It holds its own against many full-sized closed cans. And yes, it sounds incredible with a bass boost, plus it can handle it. 

A simple mod with the 7550, is to create your own foam filled tips. You can use the stock tips and fill them with the foam from quality earplugs (you can hollow out the centre). I've also filled the stock tips with comply foam and all help create that perfect seal. Ultimately, I prefer the stock tips for convenience, and because I'm not trying to rattle me eardrums I'm mostly listening to these with flat EQ. 

Oh, and for those looking for more of that studio sound but in a full-sized headphone you have to check out the MDR-7520. Easily one of my favorites and while very efficient it can handle power.

Kinda been wishing I'd gone for the 7550/800st instead of the ex1000 since I started dipping my toes in basshead waters - the 1000s have a really nice bass sound but even with amp boost they don't quite get to the level which I have read the 7550/800's more neutral sig solves.

Agree about the stage and opennes if it's anything like the ex1000... the only earphone I've heard that felt more open was the Flat-4 NAMI.

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #3,042 of 12,592
  Kinda been wishing I'd gone for the 7550/800st instead of the ex1000 since I started dipping my toes in basshead waters - the 1000s have a really nice bass sound but even with amp boost they don't quite get to the level which I have read the 7550/800's more neutral sig solves.

Agree about the stage and opennes if it's anything like the ex1000... the only earphone I've heard that felt more open was the Flat-4 NAMI.

Am comparing the ex800st with the xb90ex and ASG 2.5 tonight. Wiz, Pink Floyd, 2pac and others gonna report back later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back