Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #2,342 of 12,592

by which one i meant which one you keep? cause i already know which one you sell cause you said 2.5 :grin:

How can you get those $5 bass iems, in the usa?

you buy it on aliexpress and if they post to your address then purchase goes through. i think they post everywhere though. just to let you know its clarity doesnt compare to hd25 ii that i listened today, and things but bass is stronger though on the cheap iem. for clarity there are other earphones. but detail on it is descent. i think for good bass on hd25 ii you would need a good bass amp, again spening money. so
i bought it here http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32315369571.html?productSubject=Original-QKZ-X6-Super-Bass-Headphones-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones-HIFI-Headsets-DJ-Earphones-Universal-3-5MM&productSubject=Original-QKZ-X6-Super-Bass-Headphones-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones-HIFI-Headsets-DJ-Earphones-Universal-3-5MM&adminSeq=220017877&productId=32315369571&productId=32315369571&productId=32315369571&shopNumber=1246446&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #2,343 of 12,592
Been using the AD01 for about a couple weeks and they sound beautiful. I really enjoy them connected to the E10K with bass boost on. Currently listening to Spotify on my HTC One M8 with a Bass Booster app. Literally, that's what the app is called, Bass Booster. I found my gen 3 iPod Touch and bought a Fiio Q1 a couple days to pair with it. The amp is adequate. My taste in music has definitely changed since I've updated that old playlist on the iPod touch.

Made a post on r/mmap. Looking for suggestions.
https://www.reddit.com/r/makemeaplaylist/comments/3pp386/mmap_with_bassheavy_rnb_songs/

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2,344 of 12,592
Been using the AD01 for about a couple weeks and they sound beautiful. I really enjoy them connected to the E10K with bass boost on. Currently listening to Spotify on my HTC One M8 with a Bass Booster app. Literally, that's what the app is called, Bass Booster. I found my gen 3 iPod Touch and bought a Fiio Q1 a couple days to pair with it. The amp is adequate. My taste in music has definitely changed since I've updated that old playlist on the iPod touch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/makemeaplaylist/comments/3pp386/mmap_with_bassheavy_rnb_songs/

what is bass like on ad01? is it bass head bass or a bit extra bass?

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #2,345 of 12,592
what is bass like on ad01? is it bass head bass or a bit extra bass?

This is my first basshead purchase since following the thread. This is my first taste in the basshead realm, so I'm not exactly sure what basshead bass should sound like.

I used to use my M50 with the E10K Bass Boost on and listened to bass boosted music on Youtube. And, thats pretty much what the AD01 sounds to me. It's clean bass and the highs aren't recessed too much, still enjoyable. It can go deep. I eq it a bit to my liking

Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

BTW, On my Level - Wiz Khalifa. Wow. Had to take a break after listening to the song.

HTC One M8 (Boomsound on)
50% volume.

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #2,346 of 12,592

Bro congrats
beerchug.gif

A day is coming when that IEM is going to be in every bass lovers collection. Priced right, doesn't need tons of power has sub-bass depth beyond many many IEM and it comes with foam tips. lotta win right there.

I always say...they got great sub bass but the rolled off highs with decent mids are a very relaxed listen and I jam some classic rock with em.
Pink Floyd sounds dope on em'

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #2,348 of 12,592
I can be wrong, but did anyone did mention the KEF M200 as a bass heads in ear? In a German review I did read that the KEF's have even better bass than the IE800!?

I don't think its been mention.  Being a great loud speaker company, I wouldn't doubt that they could churn out a great product.

theres potential, dual dynamic driver, 10mm and a 6mm. I'm liking what i see and its only $70

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #2,351 of 12,592
I can be wrong, but did anyone did mention the KEF M200 as a bass heads in ear? In a German review I did read that the KEF's have even better bass than the IE800!?

I suggested it early in the thread. I've sold them since then due to fitment issues.

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #2,354 of 12,592
Hello, 

I would say Ad01's are basshead worthy. But like Hawaiibadboy said, if you want insane bass, get the xb90's + amp and you'll be like...:dt880smile:

ye i had xb90 before, with bass amp, for one it doesnt have that much bass and two i dont like the sound. i only like denon d400 headphone with bass amp smsl sap-5 bass that sounds much better. i dont seem to like anything in iems for bass so i just use headphone. my only favorite bass iem is qkz x6 super bass earphones, but i prefer denon d400 with smsl sap-5 bass amp much more than the earphone. as for ad01 i dont know, i already like bass on denon d400 and smsl sap-5 bass amp. i will keep an eye on some bass iems.
i dont like xb90 too much. sorry to say it but thats my opinion. but it does the bass but its not for my tastes at all.

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #2,355 of 12,592
ye i had xb90 before, with bass amp, for one it doesnt have that much bass and two i dont like the sound. i only like denon d400 headphone with bass amp smsl sap-5 bass that sounds much better. i dont seem to like anything in iems for bass so i just use headphone. my only favorite bass iem is qkz x6 super bass earphones, but i prefer denon d400 with smsl sap-5 bass amp much more than the earphone. as for ad01 i dont know, i already like bass on denon d400 and smsl sap-5 bass amp. i will keep an eye on some bass iems.
i dont like xb90 too much. sorry to say it but thats my opinion. but it does the bass but its not for my tastes at all.
But as you mention you had a crappy amp and you like trying new stuff within a week of use.:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back