Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 23, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,892 of 12,593
  I was looking for a replacement for my Denon CX300... Was really disappointed with the Sennheiser IE80, the sub bass extension was not good at all. I ended up trying out the new Bose TrueSound Ultra that was released on Sept 10. Surprisingly it had really nice deep bass. The sound signature reminds me of my V-Moda M100. (Not as dark). I've never been a Bose fan, but I am quite impressed at these. 

yeah, if your already looking into the ie80.  Go get a set of ASG 2.5.  with the promo code at livesound.  its a no brainer, if your already looking in this price range.

People got to understand that, it was made for monitoring and audiphiles in mind, but does bass pretty ******* well.  when bass is called upon.

my iem search ended when I bought these, and they are the only ones left in the stable.

Side note, I listen to a wide variety of music. and the asg is all i need

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #1,893 of 12,593

yeah, if your already looking into the ie80.  Go get a set of ASG 2.5.  with the promo code at livesound.  its a no brainer, if your already looking in this price range.

People got to understand that, it was made for monitoring and audiphiles in mind, but does bass pretty ******* well.  when bass is called upon.

my iem search ended when I bought these, and they are the only ones left in the stable.

Tell me about this promo code...

Sep 23, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,895 of 12,593
whats the cheapest you can get asg 2.5 for, like used discounted things like that?
Aurisonics kicker seem to have good bass too and go for quite descent for new. anyone heard these? thanks
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Aurisonics-AS-Kicker-/361361610284?hash=item5422d4962c

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,896 of 12,593
Like stated above buy them from livesoundwave.com,  they have them on sale for $525.  Normal retail is $699 and they have them in red or black.  Use the promo code SUMMER at checkout.  Good luck finding a pair of used one for sale.  If you can find them, they go for around $400.  Not sure how much longer that sale will last so hop on that deal.

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #1,898 of 12,593

This.

is well said.

End game IEM

I'm done anyway.

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #1,899 of 12,593
Just ordered the ASG-2.5, so excited. 
biggrin.gif

Hopefully the iPhone 6s will suffice until the Onkyo DP-X1 comes out.

Ordered them here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251520918009?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They accepted my offer of $500, there are only 3 more left so hurry!

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #1,900 of 12,593
Sep 24, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #1,902 of 12,593

Thanks mate! What do you think about spinfit tips?
It's about time I got some earphones that'll do ATB & Lorn justice! 
popcorn.gif

Those look cool as hell but I never tried em. IEM is 1/2 about a good seal and the Comply did that for me but if the spinfit works then go get um..maybe somebody in the ASG thread uses them? Pretty sure some of them do.

The finest choice I ever made in head gear of any kind was the ASG 2.5

Genre? Whateverthe****youlike! Bass? BOOM.... Clarity? 2 BA shall show the way. Love em'!

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #1,903 of 12,593
Just ordered the ASG-2.5, so excited. :D  
Hopefully the iPhone 6s will suffice until the Onkyo DP-X1 comes out.

Ordered them here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251520918009?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They accepted my offer of $500, there are only 3 more left so hurry!

Congrats

Good find on some great iems.

Ill let you know about the spinfits. Got some on order but don,t know if the guy sent them out yet.

Hbb. Can you link the comply you got?

Ps. Get ready for some greening on cable. It does thAt with the clear color. Does not effect sound though. Don't why they still offer that color, after the asg2 had the problem, well mine did.

edit: your iphone6 is sufficient enough for the 2.5's, though it does sound kind of thin on high volume, but its acceptable till you get an amp.

c5 is up for sale if anyone is interested. great amp, but went back to a e18 for all the other features

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #1,904 of 12,593

Those look cool as hell but I never tried em. IEM is 1/2 about a good seal and the Comply did that for me but if the spinfit works then go get um..maybe somebody in the ASG thread uses them? Pretty sure some of them do.

The finest choice I ever made in head gear of any kind was the ASG 2.5

Genre? Whateverthe****youlike! Bass? BOOM.... Clarity? 2 BA shall show the way. Love em'!

yup, exactly how I felt after the 1st hr.  To be honest, when I first put them on.  I was like "where the **** is the bass that i've grown to love about the asg"  then i remembered people saying that its much more tamed straight out of the box than the original asg2.  So I opened the port 1-2mm. thoughts after that was "holy ****, how much clearer and refined they are" with a big o' smile.

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #1,905 of 12,593

yup, exactly how I felt after the 1st hr.  To be honest, when I first put them on.  I was like "where the **** is the bass that i've grown to love about the asg"  then i remembered people saying that its much more tamed straight out of the box than the original asg2.  So I opened the port 1-2mm. thoughts after that was "holy ****, how much clearer and refined they are" with a big o' smile.

I was firmly placing the xb90ex over the 2.5 until both got the e18 and now it's the 2.5. The xb90ex might have bigger bass but the 2.5 tuned and powered are blowing wind on my ******* ear drum....blowing like blow dryer...literally blowing....a basshead delight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back