Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 20, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,861 of 12,593
  What up iem bassheads.  checking into the iem side now.

For the ones using spotify on ios and need a eq app, get spoteq.  Its a good app, but it basic.  just a 30 or 10 band graphic eq, but you can pin point the freq you want to adjust, some presets, preamp,  and some warning indicators.  Its works in conjunction with spotify so you would still need sportify on your device

@Hawaiibadboy @Luckbad The asg-2 should be up on the impact list.  the 2's, straight out of the box hit harder than the 2.5 out of the box, with no adjustment made on the port.  Now refinement is a different story.  The asg-2.5 is now in beast mode, cause it does everything well and its a bass monster.  I also think it should be in the "no amp, no eq" list.  the 2.5 should be on that list too.  This is my opinion,  from owning both and going through some of the "so called bass iems"  I haven't gone through the thread yet.  So you guys might already have a reason for not doing this.

++++1

Sep 20, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #1,862 of 12,593
The XBA-A3

Here is an example of the type of music I listen to
Everyone is saying the RHA T10s are amazing in terms of bass

Hardstyle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pjY1hngDQ (skip to 0:40 listen till at least 1:30) and https://youtu.be/EUNsJzoLVxY (skip to 01:00)
Trance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orz5K-AQdDk
EDM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF0jxR2z-3Q
I really only listen to this 3 genres, nothing else.
Cheers
I listen to Warmdusher,Klubbingman. The RHA looks great and has bass but not better bass than the A3. The problem is the RHA mids are not clear.

Sep 20, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #1,863 of 12,593
  800!!!  

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

Who am I to judge though.  Bout to drop $750 on a set of LCD-2.....

tumblr_muitjriCAe1shc3x3o1_500.gif

But yeah, I paid 400 and some change for LNIB that the guy used for a month.  Even gave me all the receipt for warranty issues.

Like you said nothing has compared in clarity and slam.  ASG2 were good, but the 2.5 are just straight ******* awesome.  

Look at it like this.  you just paid full retail, if we were to pay full retail.  You get taxed on american made stuff, we get taxed on japanese made stuff 
wink.gif
  Plus we dont get those cool ass headphone super stores that you have.  my goal to visit one of those places next year when I go over there.

What tips are you using on your 2.5?
Dear lord tell me not the stock craptastic ones

Sep 20, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #1,865 of 12,593
Between the T10s and the T20s which ones should I go for, considering the songs I posted? Or you think the shure se215 will perform equally?
Which Sony did you get ? What did you like or didnt like ?

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #1,866 of 12,593

What tips are you using on your 2.5?
Dear lord tell me not the stock craptastic ones

tumblr_nmg0nrtzQj1tq4of6o1_500.gif

yeah... 
biggrin.gif

Hey man... I got some spintips coming in the mail, alright.  DONT JUDGE ME!!!!

I got bigger than average ear canals.  So the biggest stock tips, sealed pretty well.

Plus I didn't want to get complys.  Those things don't last long for me.

now enjoy this classic

Sep 21, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #1,867 of 12,593
I was looking for a replacement for my Denon CX300... Was really disappointed with the Sennheiser IE80, the sub bass extension was not good at all. I ended up trying out the new Bose TrueSound Ultra that was released on Sept 10. Surprisingly it had really nice deep bass. The sound signature reminds me of my V-Moda M100. (Not as dark). I've never been a Bose fan, but I am quite impressed at these. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,868 of 12,593
  I was looking for a replacement for my Denon CX300... Was really disappointed with the Sennheiser IE80, the sub bass extension was not good at all. I ended up trying out the new Bose TrueSound Ultra that was released on Sept 10. Surprisingly it had really nice deep bass. The sound signature reminds me of my V-Moda M100. (Not as dark). I've never been a Bose fan, but I am quite impressed at these. 

ASG

If you can get a set of Aurisonics grab em'
I find myself bumping into old friends on here and we came to the same conclusion. For sub bass,impact and clarity they are peerless and I don't care what price range we are talking.

Sep 21, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #1,869 of 12,593
Hello Carlos

I owned the se215, and currently have the RHA T10s. I do not have the T20s. I can tell you that the se215s don't even compare to the T10s. RHAs have a much larger and more 3D soundstage, massively better bass extension (RHA extends nice and low, while shure seems to cut off with a dull mid bass hump. Shure has that flat boring soundstage, and poorly extended highs. They would be the mids equivalent of a super dark IEM, if that makes sense. Mids are all they do right. With the T10s, I found they had mild but noticeable sibilance on some tracks, but the bass is nice and satisfying. In terms of bass, imo, se215 doesn't even classify against the beasts that other people are mentioning here.No sub bass at all (either that or it is far shadowed by the sloppy, dull midbass mountain). T10 might be to your liking, it is pretty good.

Sep 21, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,870 of 12,593
  http://www.head-fi.org/products/alpha-delta-ad01/reviews/14045

Great review of a set I reviewed. He got a graph from inner fidelity in there.

For a really nice sound and good sub to midbass and everything beyond they are great. Very good for running without an amp.

Hey man, I've found my way over here from your full-size headphone list.  I'm looking for IEMs to use at work that have a lot of bass and good sound quality.  I've been using the Sennheiser CX 985 for a couple years and they're OK, but not great.  In the past few weeks I've tried the HiFiMan RE-400 and RE-600 (both weak bass-wise) and most recently the RHA MA750.  The RHA were decent but not really an upgrade in any way over the CX 985s.  I'm thinking about the AD01 from what I've seen here.  Would there be something else you would recommend instead?  I've also read some good things about the RHA T10 and T20 but I don't know how much of an improvement those are over the MA750.  I'm looking to spend under ~$250 simply because these will be sitting on my desk at work and I don't want to be too broken up about it if they walk out the door on me.

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #1,871 of 12,593

Hey man, I've found my way over here from your full-size headphone list.  I'm looking for IEMs to use at work that have a lot of bass and good sound quality.  I've been using the Sennheiser CX 985 for a couple years and they're OK, but not great.  In the past few weeks I've tried the HiFiMan RE-400 and RE-600 (both weak bass-wise) and most recently the RHA MA750.  The RHA were decent but not really an upgrade in any way over the CX 985s.  I'm thinking about the AD01 from what I've seen here.  Would there be something else you would recommend instead?  I've also read some good things about the RHA T10 and T20 but I don't know how much of an improvement those are over the MA750.  I'm looking to spend under ~$250 simply because these will be sitting on my desk at work and I don't want to be too broken up about it if they walk out the door on me.

For the cost of the AD01 they really are an easy rec. If you use a smartphone or a DAP you are set. sub-bass is there and they got a silky smooth response. They come with comply foam tips which block out the world. If you amp you might look at the T10 or 20

EDIT: I have heard the T10 but not T20 so scratch that rec

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #1,872 of 12,593
OK cool.  It sounds like the RHA T10 are bassier than the T20, is that right?  I will have a JDS Labs C5D at work, hopefully this week.  Since that has a bass boost switch I may be better off with a cleaner sound out of the box + bass boost on the DAC/amp.  What about the Sony MDR/XBA variants?  I see the MDR 7550 is #3 on the list but that doesn't say much about the overall sound quality.  I know that isn't the point of this list, but the audiophile basshead thread has let me down with recommendations so far 
mad.gif
  I'll definitely check out the AD01 but I'm planning for the end-game at the same time.

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,873 of 12,593
  OK cool.  It sounds like the RHA T10 are bassier than the T20, is that right?  I will have a JDS Labs C5D at work, hopefully this week.  Since that has a bass boost switch I may be better off with a cleaner sound out of the box + bass boost on the DAC/amp.  What about the Sony MDR/XBA variants?  I see the MDR 7550 is #3 on the list but that doesn't say much about the overall sound quality.  I know that isn't the point of this list, but the audiophile basshead thread has let me down with recommendations so far 
mad.gif
  I'll definitely check out the AD01 but I'm planning for the end-game at the same time.

If you amp then forget the AD01. I love em' but they are plug n play.

Audiophiles say the T20 are better than the T10 which seems to mean less bass? I have a xb90ex single driver 16mm mylar/magnet type that is awesome id you got 200mW @32 ohms (roughly) anything less and you will wonder where the bass is? People say that. It ain't about what **** does it's about what it can do and the xb90ex can thump like mothas and they have a large stage and I used them 15 minutes ago.

The 7550 are too much and discontinued but they hit. If you gonna shell out some hundreds then look at Aurisonics. If you wanna keep it reasonable then xb90ex.  My Note 4 with a e18 and they slam but they need that power and eq.

Sep 22, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #1,874 of 12,593
I still want to hear the Sony XBA-A3, especially since they're getting to be reasonably priced lately. If they hit as hard as the XB90EX and give great clarity and detail, it's real competition for the Aurisonics at half the price--maybe a midpoint between the XB90EX and ASG-2.5? Or, maybe the new Aurisonics stuff will punch the Sony out.

Sep 22, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,875 of 12,593
I still want to hear the Sony XBA-A3, especially since they're getting to be reasonably priced lately. If they hit as hard as the XB90EX and give great clarity and detail, it's real competition for the Aurisonics at half the price--maybe a midpoint between the XB90EX and ASG-2.5? Or, maybe the new Aurisonics stuff will punch the Sony out.
90ex hits deeper ofcourse with an amp but the A3 does have bass and more efficient bass meaning its bass hits hard even without an amp. A3 bass wipes clean the : Layla, 846,Velvet, K10, 5 way. As far as depth the MG6 Pro, then, 90ex A3, z5 , Asg 2.5, 2.0. A3 is a can do iem aswell its mids and treble are clear and gas a very good sound stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back