Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 19, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #11,656 of 12,596
So I've seen these in the budget iem thread, but I don't think in here. But the Simgot/Meeture MT3 - with some power and eq - are slamming. I picked up a pair <$50 on prime day, and definitely qualify as some budget boomers. Some people like the 'interesting' stock sound because it does have kind of an analog feel? But to me it's quite veiled. Comfort, fit and isolation with some comply tips is really nice.

Jul 22, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #11,657 of 12,596
You want amazing deep and powerful bass that goes below the limits or human hearing with bass you can feel, backed up with nice midrange and balanced treble? Look no further than the smaller brother to the Empire Ears Legend X, The Bravado! Amazing IEM for the asking price.

Jul 22, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #11,658 of 12,596
Got these babies at a good price and condition. So excited :L3000::L3000::L3000:
This is still legit bassheads??
20190722_230745.jpg

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #11,659 of 12,596
Hello basshead friends

If you are a real basshead and you don't have a rooted android dap and you don't have already installed viper4android then will be no way to find the best basshead iems. NEVER.

This is only for real bassheads
With viper4android you can compare the campfire audio atlas with 100$ iems if you know what I'm talking about.

For me this search to find the best basshead iems is over.

Now I know exactly what I must do and what exactly I must buy.

I will try one day if I find the time to post how to root and install viper4android for almost all android daps.

So good luck all.

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #11,660 of 12,596
Hello basshead friends

If you are a real basshead and you don't have a rooted android dap and you don't have already installed viper4android then will be no way to find the best basshead iems. NEVER.

This is only for real bassheads
With viper4android you can compare the campfire audio atlas with 100$ iems if you know what I'm talking about.

For me this search to find the best basshead iems is over.

Now I know exactly what I must do and what exactly I must buy.

I will try one day if I find the time to post how to root and install viper4android for almost all android daps.

So good luck all.
can i be a basshead without that app?

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #11,662 of 12,596
can i be a basshead without that app?
Hahahha
Yes of course you can.
It depends of course the music you listen.
But I'm comparing iems with real sub monsters in my home and not the iems each other.
That's why I said if you are a real basshead.
And to have this subwoofer frequencies and power with any iem you need to install viper4android.
I want only to help bro.

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #11,664 of 12,596
To any ex800st / mdr 7550 user, what fav tips are you guys using? kinda hard to get a good sound from my current tips.

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #11,666 of 12,596
To any ex800st / mdr 7550 user, what fav tips are you guys using? kinda hard to get a good sound from my current tips.

I just today got some http://symbioeartips.com/termek/symbio-w/ (the silicon + foam in wide bore) they fit the XBA-Z5 perfectly (think it's the basically same bore on the 800/7550) and the seal is fantastic. I got mine on ebay but that seller is sold out now, they had previously been sold out at the above link, but hopefully they'll be back in stock with the symbio website is live again.

I will be ordering as many of these tips as I can, putting them on basically all my iem's.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #11,667 of 12,596
Can anyone give a recommendation between the Sony XBA-N3AP and the FiiO FH5 for electronic (house, techno mostly) and hip-hop and R&B? Looking for something that has nice, deep sub bass and can hit hard but still has good detail and clarity and doesn't muddy the mids.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #11,669 of 12,596
Can anyone give a recommendation between the Sony XBA-N3AP and the FiiO FH5 for electronic (house, techno mostly) and hip-hop and R&B? Looking for something that has nice, deep sub bass and can hit hard but still has good detail and clarity and doesn't muddy the mids.
Ill say go for the sennheiser ie800 not the 800s. The ie800 are really nice.
I believe is exactly what you need. And they cheap right now. You can find a very good deal. You will need definitely a dap :)) they are power hungry iems.

But be careful, exist too many fakes.
I don't know about the comfort if you like.
The small spliter is to heavy for some.
Maybe the fall out ? I mean I'm not suggesting to go for run with them. For me they are perfect.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #11,670 of 12,596
N3 would destroy the Fiio in bass.

Thanks for the info. Everyone had talked about the FH5 having superb sub bass, which is what I like most for my EDM and hip-hop.

Would you say the N3 could make a good basshead IEM? I was also looking at the Future Sonics G10 based on recommendations here, or saving up for the IMR R1 Zenith, which after reading many old posts everyone seemed to be hot on throughout 2018.

I had also considered whether it would be worth saving up to upgrade to the Sonys on the original first page lists such as the Z5 or EX-800ST (MDR-7550) , both of which it looks like you own. Are these significant upgrades to the N3 worthy of the extra price? Looks like N3 came out after these lists were made, so I was unsure if it could stand up to the top 10 or just a good contender for its price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back