Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 10, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #11,596 of 12,596
btw, the IMR Acoustics Zenith R1 and Z are bass monsters, and since new models are coming out may be some good used ones on the used market soon. they have the bass of the old aurisonics 2 series with a good source and with an amp will rock your world!!

I got a pair of Zenith but with no filters in a trade. Can you spare a set of filters? I can send a custom cable or something in a trade :)

May 10, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #11,597 of 12,596
Well don't discount the KPE. It has amazing bass imo. Im a basshead and If I pump the eq, watch out. Very very satisfying depth and slam. Then the 800st is one notch above that. It IS the bass king. Full stop.
I read a long time ago that one of the bass kings was the Sony EX800. I bought it and as it comes (unless mine is fake, although mine comes from Japan) has almost no bass sound. Then I applied the MOD (cover with tape the side holes) and somewhat improves the response in bass & subwoofer, but very far for example from the new IEMS series that I own, for example the TFZ exclusive 5 or the Tequila 1.

Can you please give me brands and models of the new IEMS bassheads ?, I have read ELECOM, but what brand and model ?, etc.

Thank you

May 10, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #11,598 of 12,596
You should figure out what is wrong because yes the 800st is the bass king in IEMs. You can probably rupture your ear drums if you eq like that.

May 10, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #11,599 of 12,596
I read a long time ago that one of the bass kings was the Sony EX800. I bought it and as it comes (unless mine is fake, although mine comes from Japan) has almost no bass sound. Then I applied the MOD (cover with tape the side holes) and somewhat improves the response in bass & subwoofer, but very far for example from the new IEMS series that I own, for example the TFZ exclusive 5 or the Tequila 1.

Can you please give me brands and models of the new IEMS bassheads ?, I have read ELECOM, but what brand and model ?, etc.

Thank you

I was like you.. when i first heard it. bass was quick but was neither deep or as punchy as i imagined. i thought the same thing.. is this a fake? but i did get it from yodobashi in japan so.. couldnt be? i tried diff tips and after a few weeks the bass is very much present ( with the tape mod). a bit too much so i played with venting it more to reduce it. so give it time...

May 10, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #11,600 of 12,596

Thank you

I started this thread.

Not based on "bassy" IEM as those have little headroom. (for me anyway)
This was based on amp and EQ combined. Cayin C5 amp on high gain at full volume. EQ floored beyond 30 and 60Hz sliders which are almost max which is a deviation of about 12dB

ASG 2.5 with vent 100% open will blow air on your ear like a mini blow-drier with a car audio sub bass test tone sweep.
EX800ST will damage your ears and cause pain. it can take 55Hz and give you ear damage.

Original intent of thread was to find those.
I have my 800ST. Would like to cop a set of 2.5 again :wink:

May 10, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #11,601 of 12,596
I got a pair of Zenith but with no filters in a trade. Can you spare a set of filters? I can send a custom cable or something in a trade :)
Yes I have to find the box they came in HBB I will look for it today happy to send them to you if you have a Japanese copper cable that would be useful to me but no worries I will send asap looking forward to your Zenith impressions!
BTW I got DM7 ordered...

May 10, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #11,602 of 12,596

You can always as Bob at IMR for some. It sounds like you were given the replacement set when the Zeniths came out. The first set were out of phase and can be fixed easily flipping the 2 pin connectors. So basically, everyone got a spare set minus filters. That would explain why the filters were absent.

May 10, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #11,603 of 12,596
You can always as Bob at IMR for some. It sounds like you were given the replacement set when the Zeniths came out. The first set were out of phase and can be fixed easily flipping the 2 pin connectors. So basically, everyone got a spare set minus filters. That would explain why the filters were absent.

The dude who did the trade left that info out. Wondering why he had a "spare" set of shells but no filters...
Thanks man :wink:

May 10, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #11,605 of 12,596
I was like you.. when i first heard it. bass was quick but was neither deep or as punchy as i imagined. i thought the same thing.. is this a fake? but i did get it from yodobashi in japan so.. couldnt be? i tried diff tips and after a few weeks the bass is very much present ( with the tape mod). a bit too much so i played with venting it more to reduce it. so give it time...

Thanks for your impressions, I will give you a little more "burning"

A few days ago I did a test with my calibrated microphone iMM-6 of three listeners from 3 different IEMs in which the difference of bass response is appreciated ... and in which less amount of bass is clearly appreciated is in my Sony .. ..

Test-IEMs: https://we.tl/t-FGXh1emni6 (file available only 7 days)

Regards

May 10, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #11,607 of 12,596
Thanks for your impressions, I will give you a little more "burning"

A few days ago I did a test with my calibrated microphone iMM-6 of three listeners from 3 different IEMs in which the difference of bass response is appreciated ... and in which less amount of bass is clearly appreciated is in my Sony .. ..

Test-IEMs: https://we.tl/t-FGXh1emni6 (file available only 7 days)

Regards
Nice comparison and the Sony clearly wins that with its MUCH clearer midrange. If you EQ you would get even more wallop.

May 10, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #11,608 of 12,596
@Santojob Shall i buy the tfz tequila 1 are they bettee then you other iems can you compare with your imr-r1 ? Can you do a comparison?
@zazaboy I like the IMR1 very much, its level of detail and its black filter (the most bass) I like a lot. In general, the IMR R1 is very balanced in its response, there is no significant invasion of the different drivers in the different frequencies in which each one works. At home I use it with a Topping Dx3pro and its pairing is very good. Without a doubt, I would recommend Tequila 1, which has a V profile (soft) with a dynamism and answers TOTL in which you can enjoy all the genres with which you listen to it. The bass is incredible and has a mids and treble that surprise me to have only 1 dynamic driver (double in line). Tequila 1 is amplified very well, it is the IEMS that is easier to amplify, you can use it with any source (phone, dap, computer, etc). The only downside that I see Tequila 1 is that its output channel is somewhat short, although I'm perfect, some friends who have reported that problem, can be minimized with the right tips. I use large (L) silicone olives, with perfect surface sealing. Right now it is at an incredible price in ALI, I bought it more expensive a few months ago.

6slLrZF.png

The serial cable is good, but I have adapted a better one that I had at home.​

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #11,609 of 12,596
Nice comparison and the Sony clearly wins that with its MUCH clearer midrange. If you EQ you would get even more wallop.
The three recordings are with a similar level (volume), future recordings I want to make them in Stereo, normalize them, etc. I think it's a good way to "hear" the sonic differences and profiles of the different IEMs analyzed with the same microphone with which I perform the frequency response graphs. A sound can be worth more than an image ... or in any case a complement to be able to decide better than IEM should buy based on our preferences.

May 10, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #11,610 of 12,596
I started this thread.

Not based on "bassy" IEM as those have little headroom. (for me anyway)
This was based on amp and EQ combined. Cayin C5 amp on high gain at full volume. EQ floored beyond 30 and 60Hz sliders which are almost max which is a deviation of about 12dB

ASG 2.5 with vent 100% open will blow air on your ear like a mini blow-drier with a car audio sub bass test tone sweep.
EX800ST will damage your ears and cause pain. it can take 55Hz and give you ear damage.

Original intent of thread was to find those.
I have my 800ST. Would like to cop a set of 2.5 again :wink:

This part ''This was based on amp and EQ combined. Cayin C5 amp on high gain at full volume. EQ floored beyond 30 and 60Hz sliders which are almost max which is a deviation of about 12dB'' Must be mandatory included in the top of the top list and highlighted with red caps. Otherwise that list is missliding and confuses the hell out of a lot of fellow bassheads who take that list as a guidance without going through many pages and later face disappointment plus financial loss. Many people don't realise about the required power and call this list bogus on other threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back