Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #10,876 of 12,592
Ok, wasn't sure what iems those reviews were comparing it to.

I did a bunch of sub $50 IEMs when I first got into them. Entry level Senns, Monsters, House of Marley, Skullcandy, Brainwavz, JVC, Xiaomi, MEE, JLAB, and quite a few others. I was recommended the Sonys and liked the sound, and they seemed to be built well. They are the only cheapie IEMs I kept when I moved on to things like the TF10 and IE8/IE80. Don't get me wrong, they aren't revolutionary or anything, lol. I just thought since you were asking in the basshead thread that you might like their sound in your price range.

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #10,877 of 12,592
I did a bunch of sub $50 IEMs when I first got into them. Entry level Senns, Monsters, House of Marley, Skullcandy, Brainwavz, JVC, Xiaomi, MEE, JLAB, and quite a few others. I was recommended the Sonys and liked the sound, and they seemed to be built well. They are the only cheapie IEMs I kept when I moved on to things like the TF10 and IE8/IE80. Don't get me wrong, they aren't revolutionary or anything, lol. I just thought since you were asking in the basshead thread that you might like their sound in your price range.
It's just that all the reviews I saw weren't very positive, but I ordered them anyway.

May 1, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #10,879 of 12,592
Well I was going to get ex 800 but I found a really good deal on as new ex1000 here in the UK. So I have gone for those appreciating that I will need to play with eq to get best out of them. Hopefully they'll suit my hip hop love but also my reggae, rock and classic 50s,60s and 70s rock too

May 2, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #10,881 of 12,592
Has anyone reviewed Carbo Basso?

Really good option for less than 50 dollars .. I'd say the bass is that of the MDR-XB50 but with much more clarity in the mids and treble.

I do have carbo basso. I am using shure olive foam tips (had a bit of trouble in fitting them) and deep insertion. Big unamped sub bass with nice clarity and sound stage. With shure olive tips I get same isolation as my ER4P.

I own a bunch of IEMs (including V-moda Vibe Duo, Etymotic HF3 (with orange filter), Etymotic ER4P (with red filter), Vsonic GR07, RHA MA750i, Carbo Basso, AKG 323xs, JVC FX102, Sony XB90EX, HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2, Sony MDR EX800ST (double taped), ATH-CKM500, Carbo Tenore, Shozy Zero, Sony MH1c, RE400, Brainwavz M2, Barinwavz M5, RE600, Campfire Andromeda, FLC8S (red-black-blue), VE Monk Plus), but I use carbo basso/tenore on flights and outdoors.

May 2, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #10,883 of 12,592
Currently looking for a bluetooth earphones. Any recommends? My TFZ 5s just snapped during workout, anything near basshead should be fine.

Someone in this thread was researching bt IEM..I don't recall who. If nobody in here knows try the help section. I don't know of any bassy bt iem. Hopefully someone sees your question so this mail is a bump :)

May 3, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #10,884 of 12,592
Hello fellow bassheads. I am looking for a basshead iem but which also sounds good for rap, hip hop and techno music. I will be using the iems with my iphone 6 and dont`t need an mic/control and prefer not to use an amp I really like deep bass and have been looking for iems for the past couple of days and i don`t know what to choose. i have checked out the sony mdr-xb90ex but due to been out out production the price have almost doubled and i don`t know if it`s worth it for like 125$ shipped to Denmark. Otherwise i have also looked at the periodicaudio.com/Mg, alpha delta ad01. Is the sonys my best bid or are there other you guys recommend within the same budget which is 100$ -thanks in advance Adel

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #10,885 of 12,592
Hello fellow bassheads. I am looking for a basshead iem but which also sounds good for rap, hip hop and techno music. I will be using the iems with my iphone 6 alpha delta ad01. Is the sonys my best bid or are there other you guys recommend within the same budget which is 100$ -thanks in advance Adel

AD01 which is also sold under another name ( I don't remember) would be a great and affordable choice.

May 3, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #10,887 of 12,592
Hello fellow bassheads. I am looking for a basshead iem but which also sounds good for rap, hip hop and techno music. I will be using the iems with my iphone 6 and dont`t need an mic/control and prefer not to use an amp I really like deep bass and have been looking for iems for the past couple of days and i don`t know what to choose. i have checked out the sony mdr-xb90ex but due to been out out production the price have almost doubled and i don`t know if it`s worth it for like 125$ shipped to Denmark. Otherwise i have also looked at the periodicaudio.com/Mg, alpha delta ad01. Is the sonys my best bid or are there other you guys recommend within the same budget which is 100$ -thanks in advance Adel

The radius nhr-21 is another good set for phone use. around $130 though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back