Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 30, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #8,596 of 12,597
DIY special offer for basshead IEM thread-going friends

I have a new job and don't get to work from home anymore. my free time is cut significantly so I do not have time to make cables for people. However I have made my own set and I can offer parts to do it yourself to up to 4 people.

The cost would be exactly the cost of parts + shipping to you, not a penny of profit will be made by me.

Parts included in the kit will be
  1.  A pair of Lunashops DIY connectors ($18)
  2. Up to 2 meters of Sommer Peacock MKII 24awg cable ($3.75 per meter)
  3. Choice of Neutrik 3.5mm or 1/4" stereo connector ($6)
  4. Shipping by usps (3.50 for first class, 6.50 for priority, int'l people ask for a quote)
  5. Very detailed and specific instructions written by me on how to do it start to finish

I will edit this post when I am sold out of parts.

Great DIY starter kit, way simpler than you might imagine. Happy to help out newbies who have never DIY before.

[COLOR=008000]If interested PM me, don't post here.[/COLOR]​

Is any soldering required?

Jul 30, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #8,597 of 12,597
Is any soldering required?

Yes but I will provide good quality solder for you. The only thing not included is the actual iron.

Buy any soldering iron you like and I provide everything else, including instructions, which will be overly thorough and hand holding.

I can help you get started but if it's your first time soldering anything I recommend picking up something dirt cheap like some Koss KTXPRO or KSC75 or Portapro to recable first (they are the easiest darn things in the world to work on) - just use some speaker wire or whatever you have around or buy a mostly finished cable and attach it yourself to get the feel of how to solder, or at least watching a YouTube or two on how to do it (lots of good ones).

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #8,598 of 12,597

Just got mine from @PETEREK
I have a big Beach BBQ tomorrow morning so I will update with pics of them with the ex800 and ex1000..Stoked!
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #8,602 of 12,597
Well my Sony 7550s are no more... accident...glad I just got my flc 8s in...had red, blk and grey filters (for most bass but also balance)...they sure fit better than the Sonys, and I like the details I'm hearing along with some pretty good Bass.

Guys as a cheap (but good sounding) backup under $100-150 or so I was considering the xiaomi hybrids...(already had the xb90ex...nada...loved the bass but they lacked the details and balance I prefer)...thoughts please?
I've not tried dunu's or fidue yet....thanks.

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #8,603 of 12,597
Well my Sony 7550s are no more... accident...glad I just got my flc 8s in...had red, blk and grey filters (for most bass but also balance)...they sure fit better than the Sonys, and I like the details I'm hearing along with some pretty good Bass.

Guys as a cheap (but good sounding) backup under $100-150 or so I was considering the xiaomi hybrids...(already had the xb90ex...nada...loved the bass but they lacked the details and balance I prefer)...thoughts please?
I've not tried dunu's or fidue yet....thanks.

Its so hard to rec a set in the $150 range that can beat the 7550/800st or even match it in terms of versatility.

Kickers are pretty good and can be had used for around $150 but I would easily pick the sonys over them.  If you really want good bass, clarity, and all the other goodies, you going to have to start playing with the big boys.  "The hi-fi low-end boys".

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #8,607 of 12,597

Very nice. Silver Litz ?
Are the mids present with these IEMs or recessed compared to the low-end ? Overall tonality cool/rich etc ? U-shaped more than V-shaped ?
I used the low-end focused Sony IEM all through the 00s.

Aug 1, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #8,610 of 12,597
Lol I highly doubt that, I had the kickers,harmony and forte and they don't even touch the bass of the 2.5 or the 7550, the one that came the closest is the kickers but on over all sound quality the 7550 trumps it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back